Angela Corey should be fired

Upon taking office, Corey terminated 10 assistant state attorneys, over half of the investigators, and 48 support employees.[10][11][12] In 2010, the Florida Times-Union reported that Corey sent 230 juvenile felony cases to adult court in 2009. This amounted to twice the number of juvenile felony cases placed in adult court in the years prior to Corey becoming State Attorney.[13][/I]

Sounds like someone who knows what she is doing to me....

Now, true, she doesn't have Zimmer-man's awesome resume of being a bouncer at illegal parties,until he got fired for breaking a woman's leg.
Citing Wikipedia proves what, exactly?

By the way, how is taking over a juvenile felony unit and outsourcing all the prosecutions to adult court proof that she knows what she is doing? Aren't you one of the people that argue that Romney doing the exact same thing proves he is incompetent?

Ummm... no.

Now, if she outsourced them all to Cuba, to save money and personally enrich herself, then, yeah, that would be an apples to apples comparison.

She didn't send ALL the cases, just more than her predecessor did. That's kind of a meaningless figure, it just meant she prosecuted more juveniles as adults... Which may or may not be a good thing. Depends on the case.

She got paid more than her predecessor for doing less work,

Want to try again?

Why isn't it shocking? Do people in Florida routinely lynch blacks on the street corner? Are their armed patrols of whites driving through black neighborhoods shooting people?

You really need to get down off your racial high horse, it died years ago.
Not usually. But the justice system treats black people differently than white.

Very odd that you want someone fired for doing their job. Oh, wait, this is no different than how you feel about the TSA.

Zimmerman is not "white", why are the blacks doing revenge violence against "whites"?

Was I talking about Zimmerman? But nice to know you believe a Hispanic can't be white.

When a court determines facts, it usually means that they spread around enough bullshit to confuse the issue. The only real issue here is that Zimmerman killed Martin. He needs to be held accountable for it, and there will be hell to pay if he isn't. I don't care if he felt "threatened" or that he was technically right under the "Stand your Ground" law. He killed a kid after provoking a confrontation with his actions.

It is not the "Stand Your Ground Law" that protects Zimmerman if he did start or provoke the confrontation. Martin was beating Zimmerman whom had already been knocked flat on his back, not fighting back & screaming for help 20 times. That is illegal in any state. Here is the law in Florida. Note: this is not the SYG law.

Florida Statute 776.041 - Use of force by aggressor. - The justification described in the preceding sections of this chapter is not available to a person who:

(1) Is attempting to commit, committing, or escaping after the commission of, a forcible felony; or

(2) Initially provokes the use of force against himself or herself, unless:

- (a) Such force is so great that the person reasonably believes that he or she is in imminent danger of death or great bodily harm and that he or she has exhausted every reasonable means to escape such danger other than the use of force which is likely to cause death or great bodily harm to the assailant; or

- (b) In good faith, the person withdraws from physical contact with the assailant and indicates clearly to the assailant that he or she desires to withdraw and terminate the use of force, but the assailant continues or resumes the use of force.

Last edited:
Still racist.

For the record, I think it is ridiculous for anyone to judge anyone. I also think it is ridiculous for anyone to think anyone else should be outraged about anything.

You, being a racist, probably don't get what I mean.

I think the thing is, if you kick a dog every day of its life, some day that dog is going to turn around and maul you.

And people are going to do the same thing, being the animals that we are...

Again, we're white, we've never been pulled over for a DWB (Driving While Black); African American friends of mine say that they usually calculate this into any driving plan they have. Studies show that resumes with names like "Jamal" get rejected at twice the rate as ones with the name "Michael" on them.

And to be fair, most of them grin and bear it, at least until they see an absolute travesty like the cops who beat Rodney King getting a walk from an all white jury.

When i was in the Guard, and they were teaching us Civil Disturbance training, the first thing the officer giving the class said was, 'These people are not the enemy they are your fellow citizens, they are damned mad about something and they probably have the right to be."

So, yes, if we mess it up and don't convict Zimmerman, there will be riots. Hope you can live with that.

I think you are insulting the animal kingdom.

Animals dont hold grudges, people do.

You know, it's kind of stupid for two white guys who've never lived the experience of being black in this country to discuss what is and isn't "apporiate" behavior, isn't it?

As I said, I'm sorry it got to this, but it has.

You think appropriate behavior changes based on the color of people's skin? That makes you the textbook definition of a racist.

I think it's ridiculous for white people to judge what other people should and shouldn't be outraged about...

What a racist idiotic thing to say. One day you may find yourself in Zimmerman's situation. I hope you truly believe in what you say and that you will take the fall for your cause instead of crying like a bitch

You think appropriate behavior changes based on the color of people's skin? That makes you the textbook definition of a racist.

I think it's ridiculous for white people to judge what other people should and shouldn't be outraged about...

What a racist idiotic thing to say. One day you may find yourself in Zimmerman's situation. I hope you truly believe in what you say and that you will take the fall for your cause instead of crying like a bitch

I'd never find myself in Zimmerman's situation, because I would never go around my hood looking for "suspicious" people. I also don't own a gun because I know they are sort of useless for anything.

So I wouldn't be out looking for that kind of trouble and wouldn't cause it...

Argument fail, guy. Again.

I'd never find myself in Zimmerman's situation, because I would never go around my hood looking for "suspicious" people. I also don't own a gun because I know they are sort of useless for anything.

I'd never find myself in Zimmerman's situation
Would you bet your life on it? or do you never leave your house? No one has ever approached you on the street to ask you a question?

I do not refer to angry people as animals. I do refer to angry people who would express their anger by rioting, destroying their property and their neighbor's property, by injuring or even killing others who have done nothing to feed that anger. Human beings do not vent their anger that way. Rabid animals rage and riot. Hence, the threat to riot should the verdict in this case not satisfy their anger makes them animals.

I think you are insulting the animal kingdom.

Animals dont hold grudges, people do.

You know, it's kind of stupid for two white guys who've never lived the experience of being black in this country to discuss what is and isn't "apporiate" behavior, isn't it?

As I said, I'm sorry it got to this, but it has.

Good point about the animals. I guess if we were two white guys, there are some on the forum who absolutely insist that we have no knowledge of the "black" experience. I do truly believe that we can come up with a consensus about what constitutes "appropriate" behavior...just maybe not for blacks?

Still racist.

For the record, I think it is ridiculous for anyone to judge anyone. I also think it is ridiculous for anyone to think anyone else should be outraged about anything.

I think the thing is, if you kick a dog every day of its life, some day that dog is going to turn around and maul you.

Again, we're white, we've never been pulled over for a DWB (Driving While Black); African American friends of mine say that they usually calculate this into any driving plan they have. Studies show that resumes with names like "Jamal" get rejected at twice the rate as ones with the name "Michael" on them.

And to be fair, most of them grin and bear it, at least until they see an absolute travesty like the cops who beat Rodney King getting a walk from an all white jury.

When i was in the Guard, and they were teaching us Civil Disturbance training, the first thing the officer giving the class said was, 'These people are not the enemy they are your fellow citizens, they are damned mad about something and they probably have the right to be."

So, yes, if we mess it up and don't convict Zimmerman, there will be riots. Hope you can live with that.

Thank you for proving that you, being a racist, just don't get what I am saying.

I can easily imagine what it feels like to get profiled, even if it has never happened to me. If people who have had that happen to them want to be outraged about it, I will support them. I, personally, am outraged about it, even though it has never happened to me. That does not mean I think that everyone who is black should be outraged about it. It does not offend me that Herman Cain, who is black, is not deeply and personally offended by the fact that this kind of stuff happened while he was growing up, or that he is not morally outraged by personally being pulled over for being a black man in a white man's car. The reason for that is simple, I am not a racist, and I don't think people should react based on the color of their skin.

I am also pretty sure that comparing blacks to dogs is offensive to blacks.

Zimmerman should have stayed in his car. He fucked up. And he's most likely going to pay for that horrible mistake.

But George Zimmerman spent his time trying to make his community a better and safer place. Being a member of a neighborhood watch is not "looking for trouble"

George Zimmerman may go to prison, he may not, but he was willing to try to make a difference in his community, while the rest of us bitch and moan on the internet. Fucked up outcome or not, he deserved respect for the attempt.

Still racist.

Thank you for proving that you, being a racist, just don't get what I am saying.

I can easily imagine what it feels like to get profiled, even if it has never happened to me. If people who have had that happen to them want to be outraged about it, I will support them. I, personally, am outraged about it, even though it has never happened to me. That does not mean I think that everyone who is black should be outraged about it. It does not offend me that Herman Cain, who is black, is not deeply and personally offended by the fact that this kind of stuff happened while he was growing up, or that he is not morally outraged by personally being pulled over for being a black man in a white man's car. The reason for that is simple, I am not a racist, and I don't think people should react based on the color of their skin.

I am also pretty sure that comparing blacks to dogs is offensive to blacks.

I would disagree. I think it's pretty much offensive to anyone who isn't a racist.

But that doesn't invalidate his point.

Last edited:

Speaking of fail. Geez, just because you have no use for a firearm doesn't mean they are useless. LOL

Zimmerman should have stayed in his car. He fucked up. And he's most likely going to pay for that horrible mistake.

But George Zimmerman spent his time trying to make his community a better and safer place. Being a member of a neighborhood watch is not "looking for trouble"

George Zimmerman may go to prison, he may not, but he was willing to try to make a difference in his community, while the rest of us bitch and moan on the internet. Fucked up outcome or not, he deserved respect for the attempt.

While I do not agree with every point. I certainly agree with the spirit of your post. +1 rep for a good post sir.

I just came across another case Corey handled as a prosecutor, and it more than proves that she doesn't care about the victims of violence. In fact, she sent a woman who had a restraining order against her husband to prison for 20 years despite Florida's stand your ground law.

On August 1, 2010, she said her husband, Rico Gray, read text messages on her phone that she had written to her ex-husband. She said Gray became enraged and accused her of being unfaithful. "That's when he strangled me. He put his hands around my neck," Alexander said.

For GOD's sake - if you are doin' a little foolin' around, PROMPTLY ERASE ALL TEXT MESSAGES TO OR FROM YOUR FOOL-AROUNDEE.

That's what got Tiger in trouble . . .

Just sayin'

Speaking of fail. Geez, just because you have no use for a firearm doesn't mean they are useless. LOL

Um, guy. I've listened to the gun nuts tell me why they need guns, and their two top reasons are kind of retarded.

Reason -1 - "To shoot them minorities...errrr criminals when they comes to my house!"

Ummm, actually, there's a 4300% greater chance that gun will kill a member of your family than a bad guy.

Reason 2- "I need that in case the gummit needs to overthrown".

The GOvernment has bigger guns, along with tanks, fighter, drones, artillery, and if they ever decide to take you out, it's because your neighbors called you in because you were frightening the children.

Um, guy. I've listened to the gun nuts tell me why they need guns, and their two top reasons are kind of retarded.

Reason -1 - "To shoot them minorities...errrr criminals when they comes to my house!"

Ummm, actually, there's a 4300% greater chance that gun will kill a member of your family than a bad guy.

The GOvernment has bigger guns, along with tanks, fighter, drones, artillery, and if they ever decide to take you out, it's because your neighbors called you in because you were frightening the children.

LOL, Joe, I have a use for every firearm I own and the two reasons you posted have never entered into it. Firearms are far from useless, they may be for you and that's OK. To claim that they are useless overall because you have no use for them or because of something that you have read is incredibly short-sighted.

LOL, Joe, I have a use for every firearm I own and the two reasons you posted have never entered into it. Firearms are far from useless, they may be for you and that's OK. To claim that they are useless overall because you have no use for them or because of something that you have read is incredibly short-sighted.

I was in the Army for 11 years, and my speciality was 76Y. (Supply/Armorer) I've seen, handled, and dealt with enough firearms to last me 10 lifetimes, thanks.

If you have reason than the two reasons I listed, then fine, good for you. If you enjoy target shooting or hunting, that's fine. I don't think we should ban guns. I've said this about 100 times, and people get upset because apparently I don't worship at the shrine of Charlton Heston.

These aren't the reasons why folks like BigReb think that any attempt to keep guns out of the hands of the Jared Loughners of the world is a violation of their cherished 2nd Amendmetn "rights". They give the two completely retarded listed above.

Still racist.

I take it then that it is your contention, Joe, that if someone is Black, or happens to belong to any other designated ethnic "victim group", it is perfectly OK for them to decide that they may prey upon any and all White people, with whatever degree of violence and atrocity they may choose; after all, "we have no right" to demand any standard of civilized behavior from them. I take it also, that it is your contention that justice should be decided by the rule of the mob in the streets (at least if that mob is comprised of members of a "persecuted minority"); after all, what's the sacrifice of one man's life and liberty to appease the mob, especially if they are all "victims"?

Here's my answer. The second part of this, is absolute anathema to everything that makes America the country she is; it flies in the face of the constitution and rule of law, is abhorrent to liberty, and an absolute mockery of justice for the purpose of appeasement and political expediency. Such a sentiment reveals its author as a soul too craven, too unprincipled, and too spineless, to defend either his own rights or anyone else's, lest he have to get some blood on his lily-white, soft, hypocritical hands in the process. I will NOT accord to one with such a nature even my contempt, as any such creature is both beneath it, and unworthy to be called an American, or even a man.

As to the first part, it is, if anything, as contemptible and as un-American as the second. He who would advocate such a course, abrogates the principles of liberty and real equality, tramples the constitution, and is a creature so filled with self-loathing as to be beneath pity. You hate your own to the extent that I am led to suppose that you would suggest that a man offer up his wife to be raped and tortured by a any fiend or group of fiends who happened to belong to some "oppressed minority", and then get on his knees and beg for his own life like a mangy whipped hound licking its master's boots. I suspect, more likely, you would simply suggest that course of action to others, who you deem unworthy of the right of defending themselves and their families against criminal predation; as for yourself, you'd hope to offer them someone else's wife and daughters, in the hope that that might be sufficient sacrifice to the predators to encourage them, in their infinite mercy, to leave you and yours alone. THAT, even the mere suggestion of it, is an act, and a thought, so selfish, and so odious, and of such self-serving moral and physical cowardice, that I would never have believed that even YOU would be capable of uttering it! That is a thought and act unworthy of the lowliest, ill-bred, simpering cur dog; I daresay even a cornered mouse would show a higher level of "valor".

That is all. I no longer care to tolerate the stench of your verbal defecations here.

Forum List

Back