Angela Corey should be fired

He did handle him.

He sure did. He used deadly force in a fist fight.

Usually they call that manslaughter..

Hope he enjoys sodomy for the next five years.

He was in fear for his life as his head was being slammed into the ground. That is self-defense. We will just have to wait and see what ALL of the facts are before convicting the guy eh.

I got all the facts I need. If he was getting his head slammed into the ground, it was because he ignored instructions and stalked a kid.

He sure did. He used deadly force in a fist fight.

Usually they call that manslaughter..

Hope he enjoys sodomy for the next five years.

He was in fear for his life as his head was being slammed into the ground. That is self-defense. We will just have to wait and see what ALL of the facts are before convicting the guy eh.

I got all the facts I need. If he was getting his head slammed into the ground, it was because he ignored instructions and stalked a kid.

That is not true.

The prosecutors think otherwise, or they wouldn't be bringing charges.

They are bringing charges because of Obama and his boy Holder, it's political. I think the wiser point of view would be to wait and see what all the facts are in a trial before convicting the guy. There is more then one way that the situation could have occurred, with a careful listen to the available evidence at this point, Zimmerman agreed to stop following Martin and had lost track of him before the shooting.

What "interesting points" are those?

Guy, we are all animals, and all of us will do irrational things after we've been pushed far enough. But thanks for showing your underlying racism.

Personally, I don't like the way that the race-baiters have worked up the mob on this one, but it is what it is. I'd rather defuse the bomb by convicting Zimmerman than have it go off to prove "interesting points".

It never would have gotten to this point if the authorities had done their job and arrested Zimmerman that night.

You would convict the man, regardless what the court might determine to be the facts of the matter, just to satisfy the irrational bloodlust of a mob that has threatened death and destruction should their demands not be met. But then you turn around and call me a racist when I suggest that the animals be permitted to do what they are dying to do because they have been pushed far enough?

You used the term "animal" to describe people who might be angry about something. Maybe they have a right to be angry. If Zimmerman were black and Trayvon were white, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

When a court determines facts, it usually means that they spread around enough bullshit to confuse the issue. The only real issue here is that Zimmerman killed Martin. He needs to be held accountable for it, and there will be hell to pay if he isn't. I don't care if he felt "threatened" or that he was technically right under the "Stand your Ground" law. He killed a kid after provoking a confrontation with his actions.

It's too bad that this has escalated to this point, but it has. Now we have to just deal with it. yes, damn MSNBC for giving Sharpton a microphone after Tawana Brawley and Crown Heights. They should have known better. But now the fuse is burning and we have to put it out.

This is the cold reality.

I do not refer to angry people as animals. I do refer to angry people who would express their anger by rioting, destroying their property and their neighbor's property, by injuring or even killing others who have done nothing to feed that anger. Human beings do not vent their anger that way. Rabid animals rage and riot. Hence, the threat to riot should the verdict in this case not satisfy their anger makes them animals.

They are bringing charges because of Obama and his boy Holder, it's political. I think the wiser point of view would be to wait and see what all the facts are in a trial before convicting the guy. There is more then one way that the situation could have occurred, with a careful listen to the available evidence at this point, Zimmerman agreed to stop following Martin and had lost track of him before the shooting.
Oh, yeah....Rick Scott is under Obama's thumb.

What a buffoon you are.

I do not refer to angry people as animals. I do refer to angry people who would express their anger by rioting, destroying their property and their neighbor's property, by injuring or even killing others who have done nothing to feed that anger. Human beings do not vent their anger that way. Rabid animals rage and riot. Hence, the threat to riot should the verdict in this case not satisfy their anger makes them animals.

I think you are insulting the animal kingdom.

Animals dont hold grudges, people do.

You know, it's kind of stupid for two white guys who've never lived the experience of being black in this country to discuss what is and isn't "apporiate" behavior, isn't it?

As I said, I'm sorry it got to this, but it has.

Ummm. Sorry, guy, those figments of your imagination are something you need to do something about.... probably need to get your meds adjusted.

And, uh, yeah, I'm all for making an example out of someone once in a while. Zimmerman would be a great example that you can't go around shooting kids in the street because you are scared of them.

Only pussies and wimps think examples stop anyone, which are you?

So you are for getting rid of the death penalty, then?

Go read my posts, idiot, I have consistently said I don't think the state should kill people.

Barney Frank, Chris Dodd, Maxine Waters, Nancy Pelosi, Olivia Snow and a number of other's have tarnished the liberal name. It's too late now you have the new crop of liberals such as joey and jake

However Joey sounds like a liberal when he says shit like that.

Funny, I don't recall you showing up at Rolando Cruz's third trial because Republicans couldn't admit they got the wrong guy.

What about going after Ted Stevens for fraud? He was Republican, and railroaded by Democrats.

The prosecutor is incompetent

Really? Is this more of your wonderful research ability?

Angela Corey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

She was hired by Ed Austin in 1981 during his tenure as State Attorney from 1975 to 1991, and remained an Assistant State Attorney after Harry Shorstein was appointed by Governor Lawton Chiles in 1991.[5] During her 26 years as a prosecutor, she tried several hundred cases, which included 54 homicides.[6]

In 1996, her primary responsibility became homicide prosecutions, but she also supervised lawyers in the Felony division. Shorstein changed Corey's work assignment in 2005 from director of the Gun Crime Unit to director of the County Court, which handles misdemeanors. In that position, she trained newly hired lawyers to be prosecutors. She previously served as Juvenile division supervisor.[

Corey made the decision to run for the office of State Attorney in 2006. After her candidacy became known, her working relationship with Shorstein became difficult. He terminated her employment in November 2006.[6] Afterwards, she was hired by John Tanner, State Attorney for the Seventh Judicial Circuit, to perform the same job functions she did in Jacksonville, working homicide cases in St. Johns County.[4][7]

The following day, Shorstein called a news conference and announced that he would retire at the end of his current term and not run for re-election in 2008.[8] In the following election, Shorstein supported his chief assistant, Jay Plotkin. On August 26, 2008, Corey defeated Plotkin with more than 64% of the votes cast.[9]

Upon taking office, Corey terminated 10 assistant state attorneys, over half of the investigators, and 48 support employees.[10][11][12] In 2010, the Florida Times-Union reported that Corey sent 230 juvenile felony cases to adult court in 2009. This amounted to twice the number of juvenile felony cases placed in adult court in the years prior to Corey becoming State Attorney.[13]

Sounds like someone who knows what she is doing to me....

Now, true, she doesn't have Zimmer-man's awesome resume of being a bouncer at illegal parties,until he got fired for breaking a woman's leg.

She was hired by Ed Austin in 1981 during his tenure as State Attorney from 1975 to 1991, and remained an Assistant State Attorney after Harry Shorstein was appointed by Governor Lawton Chiles in 1991.[5] During her 26 years as a prosecutor, she tried several hundred cases, which included 54 homicides.[6]

In 1996, her primary responsibility became homicide prosecutions, but she also supervised lawyers in the Felony division. Shorstein changed Corey's work assignment in 2005 from director of the Gun Crime Unit to director of the County Court, which handles misdemeanors. In that position, she trained newly hired lawyers to be prosecutors. She previously served as Juvenile division supervisor.[

Corey made the decision to run for the office of State Attorney in 2006. After her candidacy became known, her working relationship with Shorstein became difficult. He terminated her employment in November 2006.[6] Afterwards, she was hired by John Tanner, State Attorney for the Seventh Judicial Circuit, to perform the same job functions she did in Jacksonville, working homicide cases in St. Johns County.[4][7]

The following day, Shorstein called a news conference and announced that he would retire at the end of his current term and not run for re-election in 2008.[8] In the following election, Shorstein supported his chief assistant, Jay Plotkin. On August 26, 2008, Corey defeated Plotkin with more than 64% of the votes cast.[9]

Upon taking office, Corey terminated 10 assistant state attorneys, over half of the investigators, and 48 support employees.[10][11][12] In 2010, the Florida Times-Union reported that Corey sent 230 juvenile felony cases to adult court in 2009. This amounted to twice the number of juvenile felony cases placed in adult court in the years prior to Corey becoming State Attorney.[13]

Now, true, she doesn't have Zimmer-man's awesome resume of being a bouncer at illegal parties,until he got fired for breaking a woman's leg.

She was fired while working for a law firm in the 80's. The reason she's the special prosecutor was because she won an election and was appointed. Her charge is nothing but political.

I just came across another case Corey handled as a prosecutor, and it more than proves that she doesn't care about the victims of violence. In fact, she sent a woman who had a restraining order against her husband to prison for 20 years despite Florida's stand your ground law.

If the woman had a restraining order, why in the hell would she be in contact or living with her abuser?

Because, in general, restraining orders only keep honest people from doing something they wouldn't do anyway.

You know, it's kind of stupid for two white guys who've never lived the experience of being black in this country to discuss what is and isn't "apporiate" behavior, isn't it?

You think appropriate behavior changes based on the color of people's skin? That makes you the textbook definition of a racist.

Citing Wikipedia proves what, exactly?

By the way, how is taking over a juvenile felony unit and outsourcing all the prosecutions to adult court proof that she knows what she is doing? Aren't you one of the people that argue that Romney doing the exact same thing proves he is incompetent?

You think appropriate behavior changes based on the color of people's skin? That makes you the textbook definition of a racist.

I think it's ridiculous for white people to judge what other people should and shouldn't be outraged about...

The judge is the one that ruled against the stand your ground defense.

It isn't really very shocking that in Florida a black woman can get 20 years for not killing an abusive spouse, merely shooting at him....while killing a black kid will probably get Zimmerman no time in jail.

Why isn't it shocking? Do people in Florida routinely lynch blacks on the street corner? Are their armed patrols of whites driving through black neighborhoods shooting people?

You really need to get down off your racial high horse, it died years ago.
Not usually. But the justice system treats black people differently than white.

Very odd that you want someone fired for doing their job. Oh, wait, this is no different than how you feel about the TSA.

Zimmerman is not "white", why are the blacks doing revenge violence against "whites"?

Upon taking office, Corey terminated 10 assistant state attorneys, over half of the investigators, and 48 support employees.[10][11][12] In 2010, the Florida Times-Union reported that Corey sent 230 juvenile felony cases to adult court in 2009. This amounted to twice the number of juvenile felony cases placed in adult court in the years prior to Corey becoming State Attorney.[13][/I]

Citing Wikipedia proves what, exactly?

By the way, how is taking over a juvenile felony unit and outsourcing all the prosecutions to adult court proof that she knows what she is doing? Aren't you one of the people that argue that Romney doing the exact same thing proves he is incompetent?

Ummm... no.

Now, if she outsourced them all to Cuba, to save money and personally enrich herself, then, yeah, that would be an apples to apples comparison.

She didn't send ALL the cases, just more than her predecessor did. That's kind of a meaningless figure, it just meant she prosecuted more juveniles as adults... Which may or may not be a good thing. Depends on the case.

I think it's ridiculous for white people to judge what other people should and shouldn't be outraged about...

Still racist.

For the record, I think it is ridiculous for anyone to judge anyone. I also think it is ridiculous for anyone to think anyone else should be outraged about anything.

You, being a racist, probably don't get what I mean.

Forum List

Back