“American Sniper” Chris Kyle Distorted His Military Record, Documents Show

No American has been more associated with the Navy SEAL mystique than Chris Kyle, known as the deadliest sniper in U.S. military history. His bestselling autobiography, American Sniper — a story of honor, glory, and quiet heroism — has sold more than a million copies. The movie adaptation became the highest-grossing war film in American history.

“All told,” Kyle wrote in his book, “I would end my career as a SEAL with two Silver Stars and five Bronze [Stars], all for valor.”

But Kyle, who was murdered by a fellow military veteran several years after leaving the Navy, embellished his military record, according to internal Navy documents obtained by The Intercept. During his 10 years of military service and four deployments, Kyle earned one Silver Star and three Bronze Stars with Valor, a record confirmed by Navy officials.

Kyle sure did like making things up.

Are you aware that awards earned during classified operations would not be included in those records?
Convenient, especially given that none of the people interviewed even so much as hinted that this was the case, instead accepting the narrative that he had falsified his medal count. But who needs evidence? Let's just assume something and work from that premise instead.

Who were the people interviewed? Were they present during these classified operations? If not, how would they know?

I suggest you stop worrying about medal counts and start worrying about how many of our intelligence operations were botched and assets killed by Hillary's cavalier use of a personal e-mail simply because she couldn't be bothered with following the rules.
Again, that Hillary Clinton is a psychotic liar has nothing to do with the fact that Chris Kyle also lied. You can't whine about Clinton's lies after dismissing Kyle's.

No American has been more associated with the Navy SEAL mystique than Chris Kyle, known as the deadliest sniper in U.S. military history. His bestselling autobiography, American Sniper — a story of honor, glory, and quiet heroism — has sold more than a million copies. The movie adaptation became the highest-grossing war film in American history.

“All told,” Kyle wrote in his book, “I would end my career as a SEAL with two Silver Stars and five Bronze [Stars], all for valor.”

But Kyle, who was murdered by a fellow military veteran several years after leaving the Navy, embellished his military record, according to internal Navy documents obtained by The Intercept. During his 10 years of military service and four deployments, Kyle earned one Silver Star and three Bronze Stars with Valor, a record confirmed by Navy officials.

Are you aware that awards earned during classified operations would not be included in those records?
Convenient, especially given that none of the people interviewed even so much as hinted that this was the case, instead accepting the narrative that he had falsified his medal count. But who needs evidence? Let's just assume something and work from that premise instead.

Who were the people interviewed? Were they present during these classified operations? If not, how would they know?

I suggest you stop worrying about medal counts and start worrying about how many of our intelligence operations were botched and assets killed by Hillary's cavalier use of a personal e-mail simply because she couldn't be bothered with following the rules.
Again, that Hillary Clinton is a psychotic liar has nothing to do with the fact that Chris Kyle also lied. You can't whine about Clinton's lies after dismissing Kyle's.

First you have to prove Kyle lied...so far you haven't

I'd love to see the wimpy OP go toe to toe with a typical American teenaged badass.
That's pretty weird.
It would be fuckin' hilarious.
Kind of like Chris Kyle's claims of having two Silver Stars?

I've already posted a link stating the Navy records your dumbass site received were excised. Learn what that means and then get off your silly tirade about Kyle. You and anyone trying to disparage him are just miserable little assholes, nothing more and nothing less. End of it
That's why everybody corroborated that he was, in fact, lying, and his medal count wasn't altered when any other sensitive information was removed from his book.

How many medals are listed on his official DD214? C'mom tell me the exact number that are listed on his official DD214.
Tell me why everyone confirms that it was incorrect, and that he was lying.

Again, tell me how many medals are listed by the US Navy on his official DD214. You and your BS site claim to know, so tell me. I've cornered you and you know it. Hence your ill attempt at spin and deflection
"Kyle’s DD214 form, which lists two Silver Stars and six Bronze Stars with Valor among his decorations, also differs from the number of Bronze Stars with Valor — five — that Kyle listed in his book."

Note that it also differs with what Kyle claimed.

"Although the information on the DD214 should match the official records, the process involves people and inevitably some errors may occur."

In other words, Kyle's DD214 is inaccurate, and even if we accept it he still claimed a different number than appeared on the DD214. So the corner you've backed me into appears to be as fictitious as your made up nonsense regarding classified medals.

No, I haven't. Matthew Cole and Sheelagh McNeill have.

I'd love to see the wimpy OP go toe to toe with a typical American teenaged badass.
That's pretty weird.
It would be fuckin' hilarious.
I've already posted a link stating the Navy records your dumbass site received were excised. Learn what that means and then get off your silly tirade about Kyle. You and anyone trying to disparage him are just miserable little assholes, nothing more and nothing less. End of it
That's why everybody corroborated that he was, in fact, lying, and his medal count wasn't altered when any other sensitive information was removed from his book.

How many medals are listed on his official DD214? C'mom tell me the exact number that are listed on his official DD214.
Tell me why everyone confirms that it was incorrect, and that he was lying.

Again, tell me how many medals are listed by the US Navy on his official DD214. You and your BS site claim to know, so tell me. I've cornered you and you know it. Hence your ill attempt at spin and deflection
"Kyle’s DD214 form, which lists two Silver Stars and six Bronze Stars with Valor among his decorations, also differs from the number of Bronze Stars with Valor — five — that Kyle listed in his book."

Note that it also differs with what Kyle claimed.

"Although the information on the DD214 should match the official records, the process involves people and inevitably some errors may occur."

In other words, Kyle's DD214 is inaccurate, and even if we accept it he still claimed a different number than appeared on the DD214. So the corner you've backed me into appears to be as fictitious as your made up nonsense regarding classified medals.

You keep ignoring the fact the US Navy excised his DD214. Unless you can provide the DD214 that wasn't excised you have nothing

No, I haven't. Matthew Cole and Sheelagh McNeill have.

Nope

Moron

If he were a Democrat he'd be SecState like the current peckerhead there now

he was a liar. he did not shoot dozens of people from the roof of the superdome. he did not kill any would-be carjackers. he did not beat up jesse ventura. he did not give away all the proceeds of his book.

You continue to maintain that Kyle lied with no proof whatsoever. Doesn't that make you a liar?

he was a liar. he did not shoot dozens of people from the roof of the superdome. he did not kill any would-be carjackers. he did not beat up jesse ventura. he did not give away all the proceeds of his book.
^ that

Sickening

Sent from my VS415PP using Tapatalk

^ that

Sickening

It's not really sickening - he just wasn't a well man.

feeling the need to make up such fantastic lies up is a sure sign that something is wrong mentally

Interesting that a couple of unknowns named Matthew Cole and Sheelagh McNeill are positive about the record of a Military Seal hero but there is no record that they ever researched or debated the alleged Military record of presidential candidate and current Secretary/State John Kerry. Are they foreigners or freaking teenagers who weren't born when Kerry ran for office or are they a couple of kids who hate genuine Military heroes?

Interesting that a couple of unknowns named Matthew Cole and Sheelagh McNeill are positive about the record of a Military Seal hero but there is no record that they ever researched or debated the alleged Military record of presidential candidate and current Secretary/State John Kerry. Are they foreigners or freaking teenagers who weren't born when Kerry ran for office or are they a couple of kids who hate genuine Military heroes?
interesting that you are desperate to deflect

any reason not to believe their research?

And he is sure is dead, does that balance it out?

No reason except to point out that their research seems to be politically agenda motivated.

The liar's fabrications need to be stricken from the record

No wonder his side lost in court to a REAL American hero- Jesss Ventura

No reason except to point out that their research seems to be politically agenda motivated.
why does it 'seem' that way? because you don't like the findings?

given the fantastic bald-faced lies he told in the past why would you find it hard to believe he exaggerated his medal count?

Forum List

Back