“American Sniper” Chris Kyle Distorted His Military Record, Documents Show

Kevin_Kennedy

Defend Liberty
Aug 27, 2008
No American has been more associated with the Navy SEAL mystique than Chris Kyle, known as the deadliest sniper in U.S. military history. His bestselling autobiography, American Sniper — a story of honor, glory, and quiet heroism — has sold more than a million copies. The movie adaptation became the highest-grossing war film in American history.

“All told,” Kyle wrote in his book, “I would end my career as a SEAL with two Silver Stars and five Bronze [Stars], all for valor.”

But Kyle, who was murdered by a fellow military veteran several years after leaving the Navy, embellished his military record, according to internal Navy documents obtained by The Intercept. During his 10 years of military service and four deployments, Kyle earned one Silver Star and three Bronze Stars with Valor, a record confirmed by Navy officials.

Kyle sure did like making things up.

Normally, the personnel clerk handling a sailor’s separation is required to ensure that the awards match the service member’s official personnel file. It is unclear whether that was done in the case of Kyle’s DD214.

No American has been more associated with the Navy SEAL mystique than Chris Kyle, known as the deadliest sniper in U.S. military history. His bestselling autobiography, American Sniper — a story of honor, glory, and quiet heroism — has sold more than a million copies. The movie adaptation became the highest-grossing war film in American history.

“All told,” Kyle wrote in his book, “I would end my career as a SEAL with two Silver Stars and five Bronze [Stars], all for valor.”

But Kyle, who was murdered by a fellow military veteran several years after leaving the Navy, embellished his military record, according to internal Navy documents obtained by The Intercept. During his 10 years of military service and four deployments, Kyle earned one Silver Star and three Bronze Stars with Valor, a record confirmed by Navy officials.

true. There was a thread that burst the rw hyper-patriotism for snipers.

This coming from someone that served (me), unlike the vast majority of Kyle worshipers on this forum (Fox TV tells them they must worship Kyle)

Jesse Ventura suing Chris Kyle (American Sniper's) Estate for $1.845 Million

Jessee Ventura: American Sniper's Chris Kyle is a "liar"

Did he allegedly lie any worse than Bill Clinton and Hillary Clinton did in their life to date ? Seems I remember Hillary saying she had to duck sniper fire (a lie), but no one cares about that, and she lied about her e-mails and no body cares about that, but a soldier who is dead isn't enough for you people to try and trash conservatives ?

Did he allegedly lie any worse than Bill Clinton and Hillary Clinton did in their life to date ? Seems I remember Hillary saying she had to duck sniper fire (a lie), but no one cares about that, and she lied about her e-mails and no body cares about that, but a soldier who is dead isn't enough for you people to try and trash conservatives ?
Can't be. They "support" the troops.

Not.

Are you aware that awards earned during classified operations would not be included in those records?

deflect much?

yanno, deflection is NOT a debating technique

deflect much?

yanno, deflection is NOT a debating technique
Nothing wrong with giving a little balance to a biased thread right ?

That the Clintons are liars is irrelevant to this topic, and nor is pointing out that Kyle is a liar an attempt to "trash conservatives." Try again.

Are you aware that awards earned during classified operations would not be included in those records?
Convenient, especially given that none of the people interviewed even so much as hinted that this was the case, instead accepting the narrative that he had falsified his medal count. But who needs evidence? Let's just assume something and work from that premise instead.

true. There was a thread that burst the rw hyper-patriotism for snipers.

This coming from someone that served (me), unlike the vast majority of Kyle worshipers on this forum (Fox TV tells them they must worship Kyle)

Jesse Ventura suing Chris Kyle (American Sniper's) Estate for $1.845 Million

Jessee Ventura: American Sniper's Chris Kyle is a "liar"

So now you are a fan of wack a doodle Jesse and his crazy ass conspiracys?

It's a non story, the US Navy released an excised copy of Kyle's DD214 so whoever wrote the BS story has no idea how many medals Kyle was awarded.

CHRIS KYLE – THE LEFT’S ATTEMPT TO DISCREDIT A HERO

The only thing their FOIA request gave them was a “releasable copy of available award citations.” Everything else was “excised.” For the liberal idiots out there, that means, the Navy took it all out. Any classified information, and information that put a family or other military personnel in jeopardy, they got rid of it.

Uncle Sam's Misguided Children – Chris Kyle – The Left’s Attempt to Discredit a Hero

chris kyle was a liar. it has been proven in court and that only scratched the surface. he had mental issues in my opinion. if he also lied about his medals i would not at all be surprised.

chris kyle was a liar. it has been proven in court and that only scratched the surface. he had mental issues in my opinion. if he also lied about his medals i would not at all be surprised.
Source?
are you unfamiliar with the defamation suit ventura won?

have you never heard of Kyle's claims that he shot and killed would-be carjackers?

how about his claims about shooting dozens of people from the tip of the superdome?

really if you weren't aware of kyle's penchant for lies you should educate yourself

He should be sued. It's the American way.

Source?
are you unfamiliar with the defamation suit ventura won?

have you never heard of Kyle's claims that he shot and killed would-be carjackers?

how about his claims about shooting dozens of people from the tip of the superdome?

really if you weren't aware of kyle's penchant for lies you should educate yourself
I don't have the invested interest that you do. I don't care about his civil claims, he dispatched many enemies and saved many of our guys. That beats pounding away on a keyboard in my book.

Forum List

Back