American Airlines files bankruptcy - remind me how this is Bush's fault

Amelia

Rookie
Feb 14, 2011
Packerland!
Initial reports make it sound like a problem with expensive union labor.

But I'm sure someone can set me straight on that.

that and crappy uneconomical old planes, crummy routes, crummy administration. Southwestern's unions don't seem to be a problem....you could google rather that showing ignorance.

Of course Boooosh deregulation that has airlines paying 16 grand a year for pilots with no sleep might have something to do with it. Don't ask stupid questions- google THAT. And stay away from Rush/Fox/Moonie/Kochcrappe or you'll just stay ignorant....lol

that and crappy uneconomical old planes, crummy routes, crummy administration. Southwestern's unions don't seem to be a problem....you could google rather that showing ignorance.

Of course Boooosh deregulation that has airlines paying 16 grand a year for pilots with no sleep might have something to do with it. Don't ask stupid questions- google THAT. And stay away from Rush/Fox/Moonie/Kochcrappe or you'll just stay ignorant....lol

I think you're full of shit myself. Link us to the part where pilots get no sleep!

I think you're full of shit myself. Link us to the part where pilots get no sleep!

You would, but you're a brainwashed ignorant Pub dupe jackass....

Google Flight 3407. It came down about 30 miles from here, and around Buffalo we're not transplanted rejects, fodder for corporate swine.

Last edited:
Remember, my signature apology to the lovely dupes….sorry...

Actually, went bankrupt to SCREW the unions- and avoid admitting its own incompetence…

You would, but you're a brainwashed ignorant Pub dupe jackass....

Google Flight 3407. It came down about 30 miles from here, and around Buffalo we're not transplanted rejects, fodder for corporate swine.

try harder, you'll get there :thup:

buffalo is proof that murphy was an optimist

it's like rochester without the cosmopolitan charm

Hell, I'd like a link to where American Airlines mainline pilots only make 16K per year.

Regional pilots for American Eagle start at 25K flying 50 seaters.

Remember, my signature apology to the lovely dupes….sorry...

Actually, went bankrupt to SCREW the unions- and avoid admitting its own incompetence…
Yes, we'll see how big the AA executives' bonuses will be, while the workers get nothing.

Hell, I'd like a link to where American Airlines mainline pilots only make 16K per year.

A quick google search gave this as 2004 info:

American Airlines: 1st yr first officer: $31,080 and 10th yr Captain $123,420

Those salaries are a fraction of what pilots made 30 years ago. I was fortunate enough to know a pilot back then and his son, both of whom were captains.

Those salaries are a fraction of what pilots made 30 years ago. I was fortunate enough to know a pilot back then and his son, both of whom were captains.

Yes, but you have to take into account that, adjusted for inflation, ticket prices are also a fraction of what they were 30 years ago.

The regionals and LLC's caused just as many cuts in pricing as deregulation did.

Unions swallowed another airline... remember Eastern? Now they have plenty of time to whine about where their jobs went and how unfair it all is... just like they did then. That's what unions do nowdays, they blood suck one, then move to another.

Unless of course, administration decide to give union half a company as part of "restructuring" under chapter 11. Government Airlines, anyone?

obama100.jpg

Airline industry is deregulated 1978, every regulation and deregulation after is just a patch to the problem. Deregulation Act

Forum List

Back