What happened to Al Sharpton's tax problem?

bornright

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Texas
Earlier in the year I read where Al Sharpton had a major tax problem and it was just touched on by the media. Was this problem just brushed under the rug or was it an IRS mistake? If anyone has any idea what happened I would like to hear it.

Still almost $4 mil delinquent. Not paying his "fair share" I see. Article in the post today.

Sharpton drew a $241,732 salary and perks that included first-class or charter air travel, tax filings show. He owes the IRS $2.6 million in income tax, and nearly $900,000 in state tax.

The defunct Rev-Al Communications Inc. owes the state almost $176,000, and Bo-Spanky is $3,500 behind on state-tax liens.

Sharpton has said he is on a repayment plan with state and federal-tax authorities.

Read more: Sharpton’s civil-rights group juggling tax woes - NYPOST.com

Still almost $4 mil delinquent. Not paying his "fair share" I see. Article in the post today.

Sharpton drew a $241,732 salary and perks that included first-class or charter air travel, tax filings show. He owes the IRS $2.6 million in income tax, and nearly $900,000 in state tax.

The defunct Rev-Al Communications Inc. owes the state almost $176,000, and Bo-Spanky is $3,500 behind on state-tax liens.

Sharpton has said he is on a repayment plan with state and federal-tax authorities.

And any news of Republicans in debt to the Government to the tune of 4 million in back Taxes? Any guess how often we would hear about that from the "impartial" news services in our Country?

And any news of Republicans in debt to the Government to the tune of 4 million in back Taxes? Any guess how often we would hear about that from the "impartial" news services in our Country?

Did you miss this part of the article?

Sharpton has said he is on a repayment plan with state and federal-tax authorities.Read more: Sharpton’s civil-rights group juggling tax woes - NYPOST.com

Sharpton has said he is on a repayment plan with state and federal-tax authorities.Read more: Sharpton’s civil-rights group juggling tax woes - NYPOST.com
he would not have paid his taxes if he was not forced to !! but commys like you have no problem with the hypocrisy of his raising taxes on other Americans to fund income redistribution !!:doubt:

I'm sure he didn't know he was behind on his taxes until they came after him....
So he couldn't have set up a payment plan back when he got behind on them...could he?

I'm sure he didn't know he was behind on his taxes until they came after him....
So he couldn't have set up a payment plan back when he got behind on them...could he?

I'm sure you've owned business and did all your own taxes. I have owned a business and I had an accountant doing them.

Sometimes..they make mistakes. Here's the fun part. You don't get to know about them for years sometimes.

he would not have paid his taxes if he was not forced to !! but commys like you have no problem with the hypocrisy of his raising taxes on other Americans to fund income redistribution !!:doubt:

Glad to see you back, yidnar. :lol:

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

oh my do you guys love taxes when a liberal owes them huh?

He knew !!! C'mon ......
Its called cheating until you get caught and then its the cpa's fault

Last edited:
Just like all those people Obama tried to nominate for high office. How many were behind on their taxes? Funny how us normal folk go to jail for it and the Democratic party high ups just get a deal to pay it back.

He has two companies (Sharpton’s for-profit Bo-Spanky Consulting Inc. and Sharpton Media LLC,) with tax issues, as well as his personal tax issues. You still claiming it was a simple mistake?

I'm sure you've owned business and did all your own taxes. I have owned a business and I had an accountant doing them.

Sometimes..they make mistakes. Here's the fun part. You don't get to know about them for years sometimes.

If i owned a business i probably would have an accountant...but that doesn't mean i wouldn't know what that accountant was doing all the time! I would be involved with what was going on with my money and where it was going. Guess Sharpton's just plain stupid huh?

Yep Mistakes do happen. But not with several different corporations over several years. Sheez. I know a guy who served 6 mos in prison for tax evasion. I'm fairly sure it wasn't 4 MILLION dollars he owed, and I know for certain "he tried to work out a repayment plan". Unfrickenbelievable that anyone would defend this POS.

An $880,000 mistake on payroll taxes? They aren't that complicated, sorry. That's simple non-payment. Doesn't make him a criminal; businesses get behind in payroll taxes all the time. It's also common for the IRS to collect every nickel, and if they think you were trying to get away with something, they will also collect penalties, fines, and interest to the extent allowed by law. The IRS is the wrong entity to mess with.

He's probably expecting his GE employers to pick up the tab. But i wouldn't expect that if i were him. GE doesn't pay Taxes. So they sure aint gonna pay his Taxes. GE/NBC will probably dump him in the near future. His show is a real abortion.

Last edited:

he must hate America.

Forum List

Back