All Day, Every Day

... Many Asians, not all, value education much more than that of whites, Hispanics, or blacks.

Bullshit.

Then how do you explain Asian academic achievement in the US? MIT, the most prestigious engineering, science, and mathematics institution in the United States, is nearly a quarter Asian despite Asians making up only 5% of the US population. How do you explain it?...

Holy shit, are you really this stupid? YOU didn't attend MIT because (among other things) you suck at math.

LOL, you got me there. My math scores when I took the GRE were horrible. Seeing as I was going for my MA in history at the time, I suppose it didn't really make a difference. Buy why are Asians over-represented at MIT? Why are you dodging that question?

Why do you think there are more white swimmers on the US Olympic team than black swimmers? This should be good...

MIT, the most prestigious engineering, science, and mathematics institution in the United States, is nearly a quarter Asian despite Asians making up only 5% of the US population. How do you explain it? ...

Hey genius, 10% of MIT undergrads are international students; 42% of grad students. Take a deep breath and try to think about it...

Ok 25% of MIT's undergrad students are Asians (lets assume ALL foreign students are Asian at MIT). Now that makes 15% of US student population US Asian despite making up only 5% of the US population. See, I can do math. So how do you explain the over representation of US citizen Asians? MIT Office of the Provost, Institutional Research REMEMBER, THIS ASSUMES ALL FOREIGN STUDENTS AT MIT ARE ASIAN BASED ON YOUR MODEL. A huge statistical bend in your favor, and you still come up short by 10%.

MIT, the most prestigious engineering, science, and mathematics institution in the United States, is nearly a quarter Asian despite Asians making up only 5% of the US population. How do you explain it? ...

Hey genius, 10% of MIT undergrads are international students; 42% of grad students. Take a deep breath and try to think about it...

Ok 25% of MIT's undergrad students are Asians (lets assume ALL foreign students are Asian at MIT). Now that makes 15% of US student population US Asian despite making up only 5% of the US population. See, I can do math. So how do you explain the over representation of US citizen Asians? MIT Office of the Provost, Institutional Research REMEMBER, THIS ASSUMES ALL FOREIGN STUDENTS AT MIT ARE ASIAN BASED ON YOUR MODEL. A huge statistical bend in your favor, and you still come up short by 10%.

Why are 80% of Engineering majors in the US male? Do you think women are incapable of being engineers?

... Many Asians, not all, value education much more than that of whites, Hispanics, or blacks.

Bullshit.

Then how do you explain Asian academic achievement in the US? MIT, the most prestigious engineering, science, and mathematics institution in the United States, is nearly a quarter Asian despite Asians making up only 5% of the US population. How do you explain it?...

Holy shit, are you really this stupid? YOU didn't attend MIT because (among other things) you suck at math.

LOL, you got me there. My math scores when I took the GRE were horrible. Seeing as I was going for my MA in history at the time, I suppose it didn't really make a difference. Buy why are Asians over-represented at MIT? Why are you dodging that question?

Why do you think there are more white swimmers on the US Olympic team than black swimmers? This should be good...

LOL, when I went to Marine Corps boot camp at PI they practically segregated the pool. Few blacks could swim. Nevertheless, I grew up in "the hood" at a low income apartment complex with a swimming pool. Blacks couldn't swim there either. But I suppose the reason blacks don't swim is the same as the reason blacks don't golf, play ping pong, hockey, and other white dominated sports in the US. It isn't their cultural thing. I suppose I could flip the table around by talking about basketball. Why are so many blacks excellent at basketball? It is simply because blacks value basketball and football more so than whites, start playing these games at an early age, and has accepted it into their cultural vocabulary. Swimming though, I don't know of any blacks in the world who compete well at swimming. There are islands of blacks who grew up surrounded by water who don't compete in swimming. BUT YOU DID NOT ANSWER MY QUESTION AS TO WHY ASIANS ARE OVER REPRESENTED AT MIT!

.....Swimming though, I don't know of any blacks in the world who compete well at swimming. ....

Really?

TD_Cocoa%20Kiss_Cullen%20Jones_1.jpg

Why are 80% of Engineering majors in the US male? Do you think women are incapable of being engineers?

No, certainly not. Women would make great engineers. In fact, I known a few (They weren't very feminine though) Why don't we have more women HVAC technicians, construction workers, plumbers, and electricians? You don't need to go to college for any of these jobs and yet these male dominated fields are among the highest paid of all the jobs that don't require college. Under educated women simply choose (A cultural choice) not to go in these fields. No one has their foot on their head.

No, certainly not. Women would make great engineers. .....

So, more men choose to pursue a degree in Engineering? And all these men are identical because they are all male? Or is the one thing you know they have in common just that they decided to pursue a degree in Engineering?

So, more men choose to pursue a degree in Engineering? And all these men are identical because they are all male? Or is the one thing you know they have in common just that they decided to pursue a degree in Engineering?

Men and women behave differently and have differing values. They also have a differing physiological makeup. More men, for example, get arrested for DUI and assault than women. Testosterone and estrogen are not without their bad effects and they make us act much differently on the physiological end. Nevertheless, there are no men holding their foot down on the heads of women engineers. There might be some cultural barriers, that is to say, what is culturally expected of men and women and taught to them at an early age, but if anything MIT is desperately searching for women engineers and black mathematicians. If you're a women who wants to become an engineer, or a black man who wants to become a mathematician, the scholarships might as well be noncompetitive: you could write your own ticket. The question is why don't they?.

..... YOU DID NOT ANSWER MY QUESTION AS TO WHY ASIANS ARE OVER REPRESENTED AT MIT!

Yes, I did. You are just too dim to realize it. Keep trying.

Gone unanswered at post #63. Of course, you ignore most of what i type so I'm not surprised. Why, by the way, aren't you making an argument of your own? You simply tell people they're wrong without arguing as to why without granting them the benefit of your conflicting proposition. Why? What is your premise? What do you conclude in all this? I would love to learn an opposing view. It's why I'm here.

Men and women behave differently and have differing values.....

Pursuing a different degree is a "value" now? And all women are alike? Really? Do you not get it yet?

Men and women behave differently and have differing values.....

Pursuing a different degree is a "value" now? And all women are alike? Really? Do you not get it yet?

No, women are not all alike. Just like the people that make up a single culture aren't all alike. Nevertheless, there are trends within cultures just as there are trends within genders. Women simply have differing values than men. Never did I make the argument that all women are alike. You created that straw man. This simply just goes to show me how far you are willing to go to avoid addressing the facts. You have no argument of your own, you simply say others are wrong, and refuse to argue what you believe the right perspective is. Then, when people make valid points, you mis-characterize what they say in a manner of which you know they aren't conveying in order to avoid responding to what they did say. Nothing I've said is radical or unreasonable though you would characterize it as such.

Last edited:
And then he yet again cuts off the rest of the sentence so as to ignore it. If you believe there are different cultures then you must believe some cultures are superior to others or simply go down the ignorant road of cultural relativism. Which one are you?

Remember when I told you how transparent you are?

Let's see: You are claiming (without support) that because there are different cultures, therefore some must be "superior" to others. Hmmmmm...and you evidently believe that there are different 'races,' so..........

Oh, but golly, gee you're not racist. No, no, not you...

Who the fuck do you think you're kidding, dopey?

...different cultures have vastly different attitudes and values ...

Such as?

The different aspects of culture are...

Yeah, thanks, I know. That is not what I asked.

Yes, it was.

And if it was not what you meant, why did you not clarify your request in your reply instead of just dismissing his very well written post?

Forum List

Back