Zone1 Let's Discuss the word "Plantation"

Those that cry victim weasel their way into being "heard out" by government officials. Some of those people are behind the recent "tear down the statues" fiasco, where they think they are removing history. What they don't "get" is that they can't erase what has already happened; they can only learn from it. Question is, are they willing to learn from the past so that the future doesn't repeat the same mistakes? In regards to plantations, not all had slaves, yet the way the word has been slung around, many people hear it and have a negative view of it.
Enough plantations had slaves for us to understand that when somebofy white is telling a black person they are on a plantation that's not a compliment.

For example,. when we see Jews here complaining about Anti Semitism, nobody tells them they are back in the concentration camps. And even as the majority of Jews vote democrat, we don't see the consistent attacks on Jews just because they vote democrat.

Yeah but you are t he one denigrating blacks who are democrats as if the Republican party is the solution.

No, I'm not denigrating anyone.

I'm just sharing my view with regard to the politics of it.

The truth of the matter is that I detest the Republican party worse than I do the Democrat party.

And that goes all the way back to rule 40(b)

The only "Republicans'' I trust are our own minions who held their noses and ran as Republicans in the Senate and Congress. They are, of course, the best ''Republicans'' out of the lot of em.

Last edited:
No, I'm not denigrating anyone.

I'm just sharing my view with regard to the politics of it.

The truth of the matter is that I detest the Republican party worse than I do the Democrat party.

And that goes all the way back to rule 40(b)

The only "Republicans'' I trust are our own minions that we put into the Senate and Congress. Who are, of course, the best ''Republicans.''
OK. I can understand that.

Enough plantations had slaves for us to understand that when somebofy white is telling a black person they are on a plantation that's not a compliment.

For example,. when we see Jews here complaining about Anti Semitism, nobody tells them they are back in the concentration camps. And even as the majority of Jews vote democrat, we don't see the consistent attacks on Jews just because they vote democrat.
We actually see no attack on those Jews. Zero, zilch, nada, none.

Not even by the farthest right scumbags on USMB.

• Fact
Reactions: IM2
We actually see no attack on those Jews. Zero, zilch, nada, none.

Not even by the farthest right scumbags on USMB.
No we don't. Even as the majority of Jews vote democrat just like blacks. You will never see one of these people telling a Jew how they are a captive in a concentration camp because they vote democrat. Slavery was basically blacks in concentration camps for 245 years. Then came Jim Crow.

It is interesting that the term “plantation” is only used to characterize inner city blacks who receive welfare.

Yet, there are communities of whites in Appalachia, Louisiana, Mississippi, West Virginia who have received government welfare for generations.

Nobody refers to them as plantations
No, usually hillbilles. So what?

When you hear the word plantation, what does it mean to you?
What images come to mind?
Does the word have any racist connotation to you?

I've seen several people on the forum use plantation in very racist ways. Maybe they think people don't notice it or that they think they're being cute or maybe they're going for brownie points and high fives from the racists that frequent this part of

I've seen several people on the forum use plantation in very racist ways. Maybe they think people don't notice it or that they think they're being cute or maybe they're going for brownie points and high fives from the racists that frequent this part of the forum. Whatever their reason, I seriously doubt they realize how uneducated and ignorant they make themselves out to be.

Before replying to this thread, remember that this is Zone 1.
Interesting topic.

As you well know, by choice, I typically steer clear of political discussions here, except for instances where moderating is required or asked for, via the report system.

However, as it relates to "moderating", the term "Democratic Plantation" is nothing more than a politically partisan buzz phrase that resident political zealots here often
use to varying degrees, in order to get a desired reaction from those who they view as their "political enemies", IMO.

That phrase is often used here (by some) to critique the voting choices of "CERTAIN" voters, as well as categorize them, and in my opinion, that saying is often used as a simple minded, and juvenile way to maneuver some of those same voters into a defensive posture, in order to start a brawl that we often end up having to "sanitize" or just close altogether, for excessive flaming and trolling.

Lastly, on a side note, Interestingly, every other minority, in America, including Hispanics, Asians, and Jewish voters, have
voted Democrat, in the 60% to 70%, range, and have for decades.

However, I've never seen a single post in this forum, dating back to when I joined in 2012 that refers to "them", as belonging to a "PLANTATION".

JMO
I'm Out.

Last edited:
That's funny as I've seen blacks disgruntled with the democrats use those exact same terms.
And that makes it OK? Those blacks who do that are sellouts who pander to the racists in the republican party and are mad brecause other blacks don't like that.

And that makes it OK? Those blacks who do that are sellouts who pander to the racists in the republican party and are mad brecause other blacks don't like that.
So they aren't permitted to diss the democrat plantation then?

So they aren't permitted to diss the democrat plantation then?
There is no such place and in reality the black repubicans are the problem. But you being a right wing white dude, you think blacks must submit themselves to the racist America right wing whites want.

I've seen several people on the forum use plantation in very racist ways. Maybe they think people don't notice it or that they think they're being cute or maybe they're going for brownie points and high fives from the racists that frequent this part of the forum. Whatever their reason, I seriously doubt they realize how uneducated and ignorant they make themselves out to be.

It depends on how the word is used I think. When the phrase is used in a context of the antebellum South, then yes it has racist connotations for many of the southern plantations were manned by slaves. When the phrase "Democrat plantation" is used it is a racist term depicting political pressure put on black people to 'stay on the planation", vote Democrat, be 'woke', support Democrat policies, agenda, language.

But when somebody mentions a 'sugar plantation' in Florida or Brazil or wherever, I don't think race at all.

Like I said............

Vernon Jones is a bootlicking Tom. He cries because blacks don't want to hear is garbage. He has what we call the slave mentality.

But naturally you would like a black person who you can make carry out the Republican racist agenda.

We were republicans for 100 years and all we got was Jim Crow. So you can take Vernon Jones and move on. We choose to vote Democrat. Blacks did not choose to live onthe plantation.

It depends on how the word is used I think. When the phrase is used in a context of the antebellum South, then yes it has racist connotations for many of the southern plantations were manned by slaves. When the phrase "Democrat plantation" is used it is a racist term depicting political pressure put on black people to 'stay on the planation", vote Democrat, be 'woke', support Democrat policies, agenda, language.

But when somebody mentions a 'sugar plantation' in Florida or Brazil or wherever, I don't think race at all.
The political pressure is not put on sane black Republicans. You don't see Micheal Steele whining about a democrat plantation and he get all kinds of respect from the black community. It the message of the black sellouts white Republicans push in front of us that's the problem. And it is the Republcan party doing exactly what you say Democrats are doing.

Don’t troll with your OP.

“Plantation” obviously connotes the place where slave holders (the “masters”) used slaves to produce their crops, largely the cotton.

When people criticize the Democrat Parody, the use of the term “plantation” is employing that imagery precisely because the Democrat Parody appears to view modern American black people as ITS “property,” too.

The reason “people” (petulant liberals, etc) object to being called-out for that kind of mentality is precisely because it’s so spot on.

Last edited:
When people criticize the Democrat Parody, the use of the term “plantation” is employing that imagery precisely because the Democrat Parody appears to view modern American black people as ITS “property,” too.

Thats just a right wing conspiray theory dog whistle.

Forum List

Back