Ah... poor Tea Party, we hardly knew ye

Amy Kramer representing the Tea Party has said the Tea Party will support any GOP candidate running against Obama. They will support Cain, Romney, or any other GOP candidate just as long as Obama doesn't win the re-election. As reported this morning on FOX news.

This is the death knell of the Tea Party, the GOP like the Borg on Star Trek, will assimilate the Tea Party into itself becoming one party. Resistance is futile. I kind of like that analogy, never realized it until now but the GOP is really like the Borg.

She went on to say that the Tea Party will not support a third-party candidate as that would split the the vote and ensure a victory for Obama. That was the point of her comment you posted. :)

Which means the GOP can safely disregard the Tea Party and their aims once they're past primary season.

That's why the Tea Party was ultimately doomed. Unless they had enough resolve to go Third Party they were always going to end up as nothing more than a GOP PAC like the Log Cabin Republicans.

Last edited:
The tea party was created to run a diversion for all the mess the republican party made while they were in complete control of our country.

Im not a republican.

was something some needed to be able to say to keep from having to accpet the mess their ideas made of this country.

The tea party was created to run a diversion for all the mess the republican party made while they were in complete control of our country.

Im not a republican.

was something some needed to be able to say to keep from having to accpet the mess their ideas made of this country.

I've always been amazed at how few "Conservatives" will take ownership of how they helped make possible the Frist/DeLay/Bush era that led to so many ongoing issues we face now. They defended them in office, but now they're gone there's an almost schizophrenic need to assure everyone that they never really liked any of that. Crazy.

lol, so you think they should vote the obama if their candidate didn't get the nomination?

No, they should do what people like ME did in 2008.....

As a Conservative there was no way on Earth that I was voting for Obama. I had very little interest in the Liberal John McCain either, but lost any chance of voting for him when he put a woman on the ticket with himself. That meant I had to find another option. I went and looked at the alternative candidates and found Chuck Baldwin of the Constitution Party, who DID come very close to representing my views. He is who I cast my vote for in 2008. Now in 2012, I will have another option.... writing my own name in on the ballot if there is no candidate that I can willingly support.

This post wins the thread.

If you're voting for the lesser of two evils you're voting for the destruction of the country. Beating the other party isn't worth selling out your country and your beliefs.

Amy Kramer representing the Tea Party has said the Tea Party will support any GOP candidate running against Obama. They will support Cain, Romney, or any other GOP candidate just as long as Obama doesn't win the re-election. As reported this morning on FOX news.

This is the death knell of the Tea Party, the GOP like the Borg on Star Trek, will assimilate the Tea Party into itself becoming one party. Resistance is futile. I kind of like that analogy, never realized it until now but the GOP is really like the Borg.

Death knell? The "tea party" always was an attempt by the hardest edge of the Republican base to claim they carried about something other than abortion bans.

There's a reason we'll support OBA (Anybody but Obama) and that is because nobody that uses logic and reason in their contemplative process can imagine a worse President the your dear leader. Of course, if you stick purely to emotional thinking, he's your guy.

Uh, the Borg were about top down control and central planning where everybody is ensured an equal outcome in life. Yea, that sure sounds like advocates of individual liberty and limited government! :cuckoo:

There's a reason we'll support OBA (Anybody but Obama) and that is because nobody that uses logic and reason in their contemplative process can imagine a worse President the your dear leader. Of course, if you stick purely to emotional thinking, he's your guy.

The problem with an ABO philosophy is that you end up failing to properly scrutinize who it is that you are voting for in order to vote against a particular individual. You could very easily end up with a candidate who is nearly as bad as Obama (think McCain, Romney, Palin, etc....) simply because you were willing to assume that nobody can be as bad as Obama.

Personally, I have no interest in voting for ANY candidate for ANY office if I do not believe they are very close to my own philosophical viewpoints. That's why I end up checking boxes in so few of the individual election races.... because I can't support either candidate.

Death knell? The "tea party" always was an attempt by the hardest edge of the Republican base to claim they carried about something other than abortion bans.

Not always. And not all of them even now. Plenty of them don't support abortion bans and are opposed to imperialist foreign policy and corporate welfare. You might find worthy allies there if you focused on the ideals and issues rather than partisan politics.

Not always. And not all of them even now. Plenty of them don't support abortion bans and are opposed to imperialist foreign policy and corporate welfare. You might find worthy allies there if you focused on the ideals and issues rather than partisan politics.

Fair enough. I shouldn't have said always. The "Ron Paul revolution" segment could definitely form working alliances with liberals on certain issues (I'd add privacy issues and some elements of drug policy to your list). However, the "tea party movement" as a mass phenomena is Moral Majority 2.0.

All I can say is that the Tea Party wanted Obama to fail and thusly America to fail. Ideology over country.

Ideology indeed...and WHICH ideology has Obama followed to bring US to this point? And YES we wanted Obama to FAIL...because some of us tried to warn some of you of his past and what would happen...YOU didn't listen.

Thus where we are...maybe some of you won't be so quick to vote on faith and actually do some friggin' homework next time?

I didn't want him to fail. I wanted him to stop raiding the piggy bank.

The problem with an ABO philosophy is that you end up failing to properly scrutinize who it is that you are voting for in order to vote against a particular individual. You could very easily end up with a candidate who is nearly as bad as Obama (think McCain, Romney, Palin, etc....) simply because you were willing to assume that nobody can be as bad as Obama.

Personally, I have no interest in voting for ANY candidate for ANY office if I do not believe they are very close to my own philosophical viewpoints. That's why I end up checking boxes in so few of the individual election races.... because I can't support either candidate.

That's a fair comment. I would say that the scrutiny takes place during the primaries. There I will vote my heart. BUT, I can't imagine anyone getting the nomination that I wouldn't vote for against President Obama.

All I can say is that the Tea Party wanted Obama to fail and thusly America to fail. Ideology over country.

kiwi, in my mind it's IDEOLOGY over EVERYTHING.... family, friends, job, country, self. If you show me what part of your ideology you're willing to ignore or compromise on, I'll show you what you never really believed in to begin with.

If history has taught us anything, it is the fact that it is possible to apply the lessons of the past to help avoid similar problems in future.

If an ideology has been shown to be flawed by application in the real world, it seems somewhat foolish to cleave to it simply because to compromise would imply inconsistency.

Or not.

All Tea Party members I personally know were devout Bush supporters.
Well at least until his last year and then embaressement took over.

Correct. The fact that all of a sudden a lot of people started talking about other republican agenda items (which I don't support, like abortion bans) was the primary reason I never went to another meeting.

Forum List

Back