Ah... poor Tea Party, we hardly knew ye

Amy Kramer representing the Tea Party has said the Tea Party will support any GOP candidate running against Obama. They will support Cain, Romney, or any other GOP candidate just as long as Obama doesn't win the re-election. As reported this morning on FOX news.

This is the death knell of the Tea Party, the GOP like the Borg on Star Trek, will assimilate the Tea Party into itself becoming one party. Resistance is futile. I kind of like that analogy, never realized it until now but the GOP is really like the Borg.

Misrepresenting other people's insults as their own. How dishonest..... cuz I've been calling the left the 'Borg' since I got on the forum. Get your own insults, moron.

Why does the left fear the Tea Party people so much? It's not a real political party. It's a grass roots effort to steer the republican party in the right (pun intended) direction. Who steers the democrat party? Communists?

As a fiscal conservative, I supported the original aims if the tea party, as did many others.

Yeah, sure you did.

You sound just like a "Seminar Caller," as Rush refers to them. They pretend to be conservatives to they can get on his show and so their idiocies will be taken more seriously by the audience.

No on is fooled.

That's the point of having a political party with no leadership, Nobody speaks for us. Some may "claim" to speak for us, but they only speak or themselves. The TEA PARTY is all the American voters, who think for themselves, that don't like either party AND have the votes to swing the election any way they want. Politicians will try to hijack the TEA PARTY for their own benefit but the millions of TEA PARTY voters will back only those they believe in.

As a fiscal conservative, I supported the original aims if the tea party, as did many others.

Yeah, sure you did.

You sound just like a "Seminar Caller," as Rush refers to them. They pretend to be conservatives to they can get on his show and so their idiocies will be taken more seriously by the audience.

No on is fooled.

Oh, damn, and I thought I'd done such a good job over the last 3 or so years.

You'd be better off reading what my views actually are and then making a decision rather than taking a leap of faith based on a single post.

Better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

That's the point of having a political party with no leadership, Nobody speaks for us. Some may "claim" to speak for us, but they only speak or themselves. The TEA PARTY is all the American voters, who think for themselves, that don't like either party AND have the votes to swing the election any way they want. Politicians will try to hijack the TEA PARTY for their own benefit but the millions of TEA PARTY voters will back only those they believe in.

Exactly. Glad someone gets it.

Amy Kramer representing the Tea Party has said the Tea Party will support any GOP candidate running against Obama. They will support Cain, Romney, or any other GOP candidate just as long as Obama doesn't win the re-election. As reported this morning on FOX news.

This is the death knell of the Tea Party, the GOP like the Borg on Star Trek, will assimilate the Tea Party into itself becoming one party. Resistance is futile. I kind of like that analogy, never realized it until now but the GOP is really like the Borg.

the "tea party" was ALWAYS the rabid extreme right wing "base" of the repubs... the bush deadenders, the 28% of the country who still supported bush at the end of his term. the sore losers who ranted about "taking their country back" from whom? a president elected with 365 electoral votes and more than 50% of the population? saying they were anything else was a media slight of hand b/c they were "newsworthy". they never should have been given that kind of credence.

they still shouldn't.

they should have been and still should be marginalized like any other extremist group.

You mean like anyone outside the Republican or Democratic Party, both of which have passed laws almost making it impossible for a third party candidate to run against them.

You are buying into the Two Party System: An evolution of American democracy allowing ad nauseum finger pointing.

And whom, exactly, do you ‘believe in.’

My understanding is the Tea Party was founded on Santelli's rant.

"Do we really want to subsidize the losers' mortgages?" he asked. "This is America! How many of you people want to pay for your neighbor's mortgage that has an extra bathroom and can't pay their bills?" He went on to suggest that he would organize a Chicago Tea Party in July, where capitalists would dump "some derivative securities into Lake Michigan." The video of his tirade became a YouTube hit, and thus the movement was born. Within weeks, Tea Party protests were sprouting up all over the country. The Tea Party name, a clear reference to the American colonists' dumping of tea into Boston Harbor to protest taxes imposed by King George, stands as an acronym as well: Taxed Enough Already

Of course, he had no problem with the hedge funds and insurance agencies and banks being subsidized by your tax dollars. But fuck your neighbor, eh?

I've personally never heard of Amy Kramer before. However, I just found this link to an interview with an Amy Kremer (different spelling of last name, but I assume it's the same person) who is billed as the Director of The Tea Party Express.

Pretty much everything she says in the interview I agree with, so it's a real surprise to see that she's come out with a quote endorsing anyone who runs against Obama, if indeed it's the same person and that's a realistic take on her position.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngzyXKakHug]YouTube - ‪Tea Party Express's Amy Kremer on ABC's The View‬‏[/ame]

And whom, exactly, do you ‘believe in.’

It's about supporting a policy, not a person.

To get on Fox News.

FNC is a Republican Network, and will do anything to undermine the Tea Party before it weakens the RNC in 2012.

So the same network that gave countless coverage and helped make the Tea Party what it is today is now trying to destroy it's own creation? Frankenstein's monster? Or are you saying that people were right all along when they said that the Tea Party was co-opted by the GOP and Fox News?

The Tea Party itself of course is vastly different from the Ron Paul inspired group it once was.

Whatever the movements founding principles, around the time the president took office it became a get rid of Obama movement, made up mostly of the Old Bush Base and other disgruntled GOPers, rather than a 'smaller government' movement.

Do you ever post actual facts rather than non-falsifiable claims about people's motives?

Um...you don't think Romney will give them concessions?

Romney will say and do anything to get elected. If that involves dressing up as Thomas Jefferson and parading up and down Penn Ave then he will do it.

In what way, Jill, is campaigning for lower public spending an extremist agenda?

That is the liberal definition of "extremist."

Liberal Dictionary:
==============================================
Extremism - any opposition to tax increases or spending cuts.

Yeah, sure you did.

No on is fooled.

Oh, damn, and I thought I'd done such a good job over the last 3 or so years.

You'd be better off reading what my views actually are and then making a decision rather than taking a leap of faith based on a single post.

Better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

It's more than a tad late for some, tiger. :lol:

Hmm... I'm not in the "Tea Party", and I can't say I've been following the movement's progression much in the last year or two - but you couldn't really be more off-base in regards to its origin. Pretty much the opposite of what you're saying here.

It wasn't always the rabid extreme right wing "base" but it lost it's Libertarian roots after Obama got elected. By the time the GOP and Fox News got their hands on it, the Tea Party was unrecognizable in comparison to the group it was two years prior.

Um...you don't think Romney will give them concessions?

Romney will say and do anything to get elected. If that involves dressing up as Thomas Jefferson and parading up and down Penn Ave then he will do it.

And that would make him different from any other politician... how exactly?

Mod, if you're gonna criticize, criticize on something unique to Romney... not something that the boi king did, and McCain, and every other damned politician. You look ridiculous making this a 'Romney' thing.

Misrepresenting other people's insults as their own. How dishonest..... cuz I've been calling the left the 'Borg' since I got on the forum. Get your own insults, moron.

And I doubt you were the very first person to ever come up with it CG. One really cannot take ownership of an insult. Though if that is the case, perhaps you should be paying royalties to whoever came up with it before you?

And that would make him different from any other politician... how exactly?

Mod, if you're gonna criticize, criticize on something unique to Romney... not something that the boi king did, and McCain, and every other damned politician. You look ridiculous making this a 'Romney' thing.

There are a lot of true things about most politicians, however at the end of the day whether they are right or wrong at least most of them stick to their guns on some positions. I cannot say the same thing about Romney. The man has flip flopped on just about every issue in his political career.

I disagree with President Obama and Senator McCain on a large number of issues, however there are some issues which they have always stayed consistent on.

Forum List

Back