Abstinence only works?!?!?

Personally I think all this demand for sex education is edorsing or giving kids the ok in having sex. If a parent wants to teach abstinence or putting a banna on a condom, then fine, but the schools or government should not be involved.

The schools do have to teach them something because alot of parents don't teach their kids jack shit these days.

What is being taught that is so important? You think sex edd is even minimally effective in lowering unwanted pregnancies or STDs? I don't think so...

I don't think educating them on the dangers of unwanted pregnancies and STD's are a bad thing, especially if there is no one around to talk to them at home.

Personally I think all this demand for sex education is edorsing or giving kids the ok in having sex. If a parent wants to teach abstinence or putting a banna on a condom, then fine, but the schools or government should not be involved.

The schools do have to teach them something because alot of parents don't teach their kids jack shit these days.

What is being taught that is so important? You think sex edd is even minimally effective in lowering unwanted pregnancies or STDs? I don't think so...
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.....you don't think so....

Whatta convincing argument.

handjob.gif

I don't think educating them on the dangers of unwanted pregnancies and STD's are a bad thing, especially if there is no one around to talk to them at home.

I think if we indundate our kids with all this sex edducation, it's kind of like telling them we expect you be having sex...IMO we're fucking up.

I understand that there are bad parents out there, but the government should not use that as an excuse to be involved in the buisness of parenting.

I think if we indundate our kids with all this sex edducation, it's kind of like telling them we expect you be having sex...IMO we're fucking up.

I understand that there are bad parents out there, but the government should not use that as an excuse to be involved in the buisness of parenting.

If we don't "inundate" them with sex education, kids will get their information through on the job training......they always have......they always will

If we don't "inundate" them with sex education, kids will get their information through on the job training......they always have......they always will

so you sex education has been effective? I think it's counter productive.

so you sex education has been effective? I think it's counter productive.

Actually it is abstinence that has not been effective

First - credit to Missourian for posting this link.

Second, let me start with a disclaimer that, though I fall pretty far to the right on many issues, I have never believed in abstinence programs and thought them rather foolish. Who believe that people actually follow an abstinence program anyway? I have seen many members laugh at anyone for even suggesting it and ridiculing them as the programs are completely ineffective. This study, on CNN health - certainly not a RW echo chamber so don't attack the source, says otherwise:
Study: Abstinence program most effective at delaying sex among youths - CNN

Personally, I think it may be due to the limited scope (age most likely) the study take but it may be a point that we need a merging of BOTH abstinence only programs at a young age and sexual education courses later (like high school age).

Your thoughts?

I think schools ought to avoid the whole issue of sex to be honest.

Today's ought to learn about sex on the streets just like their fathers and grandfathers did.

we absolutely need more abstinence programs, more sex education programs, better funded programs and just alot more state sponsored programs................

when parenting is not enough........................lol

First - credit to Missourian for posting this link.

Second, let me start with a disclaimer that, though I fall pretty far to the right on many issues, I have never believed in abstinence programs and thought them rather foolish. Who believe that people actually follow an abstinence program anyway? I have seen many members laugh at anyone for even suggesting it and ridiculing them as the programs are completely ineffective. This study, on CNN health - certainly not a RW echo chamber so don't attack the source, says otherwise:
Study: Abstinence program most effective at delaying sex among youths - CNN

Personally, I think it may be due to the limited scope (age most likely) the study take but it may be a point that we need a merging of BOTH abstinence only programs at a young age and sexual education courses later (like high school age).

Your thoughts?

I think schools ought to avoid the whole issue of sex to be honest.

Today's ought to learn about sex on the streets just like their fathers and grandfathers did.

Not my kids...

When they had questions about sex, I told them......

Google it

So you really think if we just stopped all sex education right now, teenagers won't want to have sex as much? I highly doubt that, if you think back to when you were a teenager it was biologically inprinted that you wanted to have sex as much as possible, not because someone told you that,

So you really think if we just stopped all sex education right now, teenagers won't want to have sex as much? I highly doubt that, if you think back to when you were a teenager it was biologically inprinted that you wanted to have sex as much as possible, not because someone told you that,

I'm not saying sex education is the underlining reason why kids are having sex, but I think it may be conributing to the acceptace of kids being sexually active. I certainly don't believe it's helping. I think if we stopped the sex edd, we would see a positive effect on society to some degree.

Which is why we need to develop better techiniques. preferably not at a government level.

It's none of the government's business anyway.

Well to be fair if you look at all the teen moms and other single women with not much money who have children and end up living on the government dime, it kind of is.

If they didn't have the 'government dime' to rely on to begin with, maybe they would have made better choices to begin with then? And then it definitely would not be the government's business.

I agree, and I think a parent that's saying to their teen that they shouldn't be having sex and explaining why in terms they can relate too, and the possible ramifications they could face, and then a minute later saying 'but if you do, here's what you should do'. When you say that, you're completely erasing any good intent on the first part of the 'talk'. You're saying it's okay to ignore the first part of what I said, it renders it meaningless.

I'm not saying sex education is the underlining reason why kids are having sex, but I think it may be conributing to the acceptace of kids being sexually active. I certainly don't believe it's helping. I think if we stopped the sex edd, we would see a positive effect on society to some degree.

If parents were doing their jobs, there would be no need for sex ed. Unfortunately alot of them are not, so we definently have to have that in the schools.

His point is very valid though, apparently it doesn't work.

The parents themselves don't know. Sex to them is just a meaningless act that doesn't belong in the family but shared indiscriminately.

Well to be fair if you look at all the teen moms and other single women with not much money who have children and end up living on the government dime, it kind of is.

If they didn't have the 'government dime' to rely on to begin with, maybe they would have made better choices to begin with then? And then it definitely would not be the government's business.

That would be true however thats not the world we live in, when a teen mom gets pregnant and has the child and has to go on assistance, it is the governments business.

History seems to bear you out....

1966 LBJ expanded the Aid to Families with Dependent Children program…under FDR, AFDC had been limited to widows, those who had lost their husbands and now lacked a breadwinner at home to help support the children.

Then began to loosen and expand the rules of AFDC eligibility, eventually getting to the point where any woman living alone with children could take advantage of this program. In doing so, they not only bought a large number of new votes, they also incentivized out of wedlock births and single motherhood.

As Charles Murray described in “Losing Ground,” the Great Society incentivized the same negative behaviors that cause poverty in the first place.

The parents themselves don't know. Sex to them is just a meaningless act that doesn't belong in the family but shared indiscriminately.

:confused:

Forum List

Back