Abstinence only works?!?!?

Anyone who thinks abstinence only works is a naive fool

Well, when you can point to a virgin who is pregnant (outside Christ's mother) or one that has STDs, you might be able to persuade me that Chastity doesn't work.

guess what chastity does work , its when they fail to stay "chaste".

Dont you get that?

I get it completely. Which is why it's not advantageous to teach them not to be. or to pretend as though that it doesnt work.

sixth- and seventh-graders from having sex within a two-year period

This one age group.

I have not known many kids this age who I would think would benifit from learning how to apply a condom.

These kids are too young

Holy crap TM and I virtually had the same point.
I hope I have some cyanide laying around.

Abstinence will only work if the teenager buys in, otherwise its useless.

and, you know, you hope for the best and you hope they make good choices. but in the same breath as any parent says "you shouldn't..." they should also say "but if you do.....".

it's called being realistic and not burying your head in the sand.

more important, imo, to teach them to be responsible and safe when they have sex than to pretend they won't have sex if you take away their condoms.

No doubt, all taking away the condoms does is make them have dangerous sex.

sixth- and seventh-graders from having sex within a two-year period

This one age group.

I have not known many kids this age who I would think would benifit from learning how to apply a condom.

These kids are too young

Jesus, 6th and 7th graders have no business having sex.:eusa_hand:

EVERY unwanted pregnancy has come because of failures of abstinence education

Last edited:
Anyone who thinks abstinence only works is a naive fool

It does work.
abstinace ONLY doesnt

Read the link. Students received abstinence only, abstinence AND sexual education and the last group received just sexual education. The ones that received ONLY abstinence classes had the lowest rate of sexual activity. The study shows that abstinence ONLY is actually MORE effective than both.

So, no - your statement is false according to the study.
.....And, your study is obviously Bullshit.​

Sex Education is not a stand alone topic, it should be part of a comprehensive, age appropriate, curriculum on health.

....because there is no indication that such programs work.

Such programs are obviously working to further someone's goals.

1. In 1923 Georg Lukacs helped establish a Marxist research center at the University of Frankfurt under the sponsorship of Felix Weil. Like Marx’s benefactor, Friedrich Engels, Weil was the son of a wealthy capitalist and an ardent Marxist who had earned a Ph.D. in political science from Frankfurt University. These rich slackers used family money to fund the Institute for Social Research, best known as the institutional home of the Frankfurt School and critical theory. http://www.lust-for-life.org/Lust-F...turalMarxismAndPoliticalCorrectness-part2.pdf

a. …the Institute attracted gifted scholars not only in economics but also in philosophy, history, psychology, sociology… convinced that the major impediment to the spread of Marxism was Western culture. In particular, they despised traditional Judeo/Christian ethics and morality, which they believed prevented the widespread acceptance of Marxism.

b. The Frankfurt School propagated a revisionistic Neo-Marxist interpretation of Western culture called Critical Theory, an aggressive promotion of a radical left-wing socio/political agenda. In essence, Critical Theory was a comprehensive and unrelenting assault on the values and institutions of Western civilization. Based on utopian social and political ideals, Critical Theory offered no realistic alternatives, but it was nonetheless a devastating critique of the history, philosophy, politics, social and economic structures, major institutions, and religious foundations of Western civilization.

....because there is no indication that such programs work.

Such programs are obviously working to further someone's goals.

1. In 1923 Georg Lukacs helped establish a Marxist research center at the University of Frankfurt under the sponsorship of Felix Weil. Like Marx’s benefactor, Friedrich Engels, Weil was the son of a wealthy capitalist and an ardent Marxist who had earned a Ph.D. in political science from Frankfurt University. These rich slackers used family money to fund the Institute for Social Research, best known as the institutional home of the Frankfurt School and critical theory. http://www.lust-for-life.org/Lust-F...turalMarxismAndPoliticalCorrectness-part2.pdf

a. …the Institute attracted gifted scholars not only in economics but also in philosophy, history, psychology, sociology… convinced that the major impediment to the spread of Marxism was Western culture. In particular, they despised traditional Judeo/Christian ethics and morality, which they believed prevented the widespread acceptance of Marxism.

b. The Frankfurt School propagated a revisionistic Neo-Marxist interpretation of Western culture called Critical Theory, an aggressive promotion of a radical left-wing socio/political agenda. In essence, Critical Theory was a comprehensive and unrelenting assault on the values and institutions of Western civilization. Based on utopian social and political ideals, Critical Theory offered no realistic alternatives, but it was nonetheless a devastating critique of the history, philosophy, politics, social and economic structures, major institutions, and religious foundations of Western civilization.

Gee.....nothin' biased about that data.

handjob.gif

Abstinence is 100% effective at preventing unwanted pregnancy and STDs.

Now getting people to practice abstinence is a horse of a different color.

Which is why we need to develop better techiniques. preferably not at a government level.

It's none of the government's business anyway.

Well to be fair if you look at all the teen moms and other single women with not much money who have children and end up living on the government dime, it kind of is.

In order to have children that are successfully promiscuous the sex act has to be separated from feelings that develop between two people as a result of such intimacy. Sex has to become completely mechanical. Then boys and girls can be as promiscuous as they want without caring about one another. It is not expected that the pregnancies of such trivial unions would be anything more than worthless inconveniences.

Let's take this immature group with poor impulse control, who are so easily led, and remove sexual controls. Who could possibly think this is a good idea?

Personally I think all this demand for sex education is edorsing or giving kids the ok in having sex. If a parent wants to teach abstinence or putting a banna on a condom, then fine, but the schools or government should not be involved.

yes telling kids the beifits of waiting until they are older to enguage in sex is a good idea.

I have no problem with telling them this , I told my own child this.

Its when they want it to be the only thing you teach them about sex that it is wrong

Educate them about sex and also tell them WHY its best to wait and why its best to limit your partners.

Who are You?
What did You do with TM?
How much are you willing to pay us to take her off of your hands?

Personally I think all this demand for sex education is edorsing or giving kids the ok in having sex. If a parent wants to teach abstinence or putting a banna on a condom, then fine, but the schools or government should not be involved.

The schools do have to teach them something because alot of parents don't teach their kids jack shit these days.

The schools do have to teach them something because alot of parents don't teach their kids jack shit these days.

What is being taught that is so important? You think sex edd is even minimally effective in lowering unwanted pregnancies or STDs? I don't think so...

In order to have children that are successfully promiscuous the sex act has to be separated from feelings that develop between two people as a result of such intimacy. Sex has to become completely mechanical. Then boys and girls can be as promiscuous as they want without caring about one another. It is not expected that the pregnancies of such trivial unions would be anything more than worthless inconveniences.

Let's take this immature group with poor impulse control, who are so easily led....
.....And, tell them "NO!"

Yeah.....great idea......

241.png

Forum List

Back