Abortion Doctor George Tiller Reportedly Killed at Church

I like to see bad things happen to bad people.

I like the rule of law – particularly when it rests within a democratic republic. If you don’t think that abortions should be allowed, encourage other people to believe similarly, vote for anti-abortion policies, and vote for candidates who will vote for anti-abortion policies. Even though people may see abortion as murder, abortion is legal.

The very notion that this son-of-a-bitch provided late term abortions is sickening. Just sickening. If the fetus can survive outside the womb - then it should be murder if you abort it. What's even more reprehensible is that people who claim themselves to be "pro life" are actually pro-death penalty and pro abortion clinic bombings and pro abortion clinic doctor killings. While this man's death means that there will be one less source in the county to provide partial-birth abortions, which is always a positive, it is yet another life lost out of cold blood. I condemn this "doctor" for all of the slayings of late term fetuses, and I also condemn those who think that killing a human being to "save" others is a GOOD thing. Murder is NEVER a good thing and out of all of the laws that God could have given us, he gave us 10 and murder was one of the biggest no-nos. Murder, for ANY reason, is WRONG.

The very notion that this son-of-a-bitch provided late term abortions is sickening. Just sickening. If the fetus can survive outside the womb - then it should be murder if you abort it. What's even more reprehensible is that people who claim themselves to be "pro life" are actually pro-death penalty and pro abortion clinic bombings and pro abortion clinic doctor killings. While this man's death means that there will be one less source in the county to provide partial-birth abortions, which is always a positive, it is yet another life lost out of cold blood. I condemn this "doctor" for all of the slayings of late term fetuses, and I also condemn those who think that killing a human being to "save" others is a GOOD thing. Murder is NEVER a good thing and out of all of the laws that God could have given us, he gave us 10 and murder was one of the biggest no-nos. Murder, for ANY reason, is WRONG.

Having read some of your remarks about the Palestinians this kind of rings hollow to me.

Having read some of your remarks about the Palestinians this kind of rings hollow to me.

Why? I do not support murdering innocent Arabs. I've stated that time and time again. I just suggest they get off of our property and go to one of the 22 Arab countries out there and stay off of Jewish land.

I guess many people here don't really believe in the notion that "Two wrongs do not make a right."

Would you kill one person to save the lives of thousands? I'm sure that's how the gunman saw the situation and wasn't too worried about right and wrong.

I would not murder to save the lives of thousands.

I would pursue legal means to save the lives.

Call me crazy...but I don't kill others.

If you don't believe in abortion, then don't freakin' have one.
It is that simple.
But no, it is easier to shovel your ideals down someone else's throat.
It is none of your business what a woman chooses to do.
And it is, by all certainty, wrong to kill a man over this.

I find it amusing that the anti abortion croud is always for first to bitch about welfare moms.
I find it equally amusing that this same croud was complaining about the Octo-Mom when she is actually anti-abortion herself.

And those of you applauding this act don't have any balls.
You live vicariously through your computer screen.
If you think this was a good thing then pick up your gun and stalk a doctor at his church.

Then again, I am wondering why Christians aren't more outraged that this happened in a place of worship. Probably, the man you see brutally murdered and tortured hanging on the cross has lessened your sensitivity.

Last edited:
The Church can't convince even the Christians to not have abortions. They can't impart enough faith into their own church members to stop them from having them. So, despite their insistance that the Government stay out of their religious issues, they decided to make an exception on this issue and see if the government can force feed people what they can't get them to take on faith alone.

The church and God can't seem to get the job done so they look to govenment. When that doesn't work, they kill people. And abortion goes on.

I love how some of the radicals protest abortions and then kill these people or bomb an abortion clinic. In the end they are no better than the person they have killed if not worse.
not better and not worse,, they took a life.
but the doctor was not acting hypocritical and didn't act in cold blood or without permission. I am not saying what the doctor is right but he was providing a service that is legal and one must give permission to do nor did he do it in a public place.

An abortion doctor doesn't act in cold blood? So, what? He goes into his operating room angry at that fetus for something he did to offend him?

And legal, well . . . since it's legal, that negates the fact that it's still killing a human being, right? And since you obviously equate legal with moral, you'd be all for this guy being shot if we just passed a law making abortion doctors fair game, yes? (That was sarcasm, since I know many of you geniuses out there can't figure that out on your own.)

As to your little irrelevancy concerning permission, I sincerely doubt that he ever got permission from any of his victims. He only got it from his co-conspirators.

And I fail to see how killing someone in private is any better than killing them in public. Maybe you could explain the moral gradations on that for me.

thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers; Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you ... Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him: But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die." -- Dt.13:6-10

Tell you what, Billy Graham. We'll call you to teach us how to practice our beliefs right after I get a three hundred pound biker dude to teach me to breastfeed and walk in high heels. I'm sure he'd know just as much about woman stuff as you do about the Bible. The only thing dumber than someone taking instruction on Christianity from an arrogant, cherry-picking non-believer is the cherry-picking non-believer arrogant enough to believe he's qualified to teach.

If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant, And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; ... Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.
-- Deuteronomy, Chapter 17:2-3,5

thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers; Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you ... Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him: But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die." -- Dt.13:6-10
all taken WAY out of context
but you keep showing what an asshole you can be

I didn't write that stuff.

Please, tell us what context is missing from this verse that commands Christians to kill people?

Is the Koran being taken out of context, with regard to killing people of other faiths?

How about the entire rest of the freaking chapters, moron? Or possibly the willingness to know and understand what you're reading, rather than trying to use it as the cross you and your sheet-wearing bigoted brethren are burning on someone's figurative lawn? And as for explanations, what was it that Christ said about casting pearls before swine?

Sorry. Fact is, these murders and bombings over abortion are almost always done by people who beleive they are acting on Gods word, the bible, some notion they picked up from Christianity. It's a terrorist act with a religious motive.

Fact is, bigots are always trying to tie these horrible acts to Christians in general like mean little kids tying cans to a dog's tail, despite the fact that those same people are horrified - HORRIFIED - by any attempt to generalize or draw conclusions regarding their own sacred cows. So I guess you're not only a bigot, but you're a hypocrite.

Agreed. I give the highest probability to a religious motive. I am trying to recall the last incident involving a secular terrorist act against abortion.
police have the suspect in custody
still no word on his motive
i say the guy is mentally unstable no matter what he claims as a motive
but then i believe ANYONE that would murder someone is mentally unstable

btw, i dont agree with "innocent by reason of insannity" defense
i think it should be "guilty, but mentally insane"

I do wonder about the mental disposition of the people who often support violence for religion too. Trying not to jump the gun on this guy but the odds are that it was a religious motive. We often see numbers of religious people, Christians, church members who will shelter, encourage or defend the these actions although they might not be able to do it themselves.

A friend of mine has his own theory on putting an end to the insanity defense. You may plead insanity but the penalty for insanity is death.

I wonder about the mental disposition of anyone who has such an obvious and obsessive hatred of religion and religious people.

Christians and church members don't "shelter, encourage, or defend" these people. Unlike your beloved Muslims, Christians are the first people to condemn this sort of behavior. I'm still waiting for the Muslim community to come out with any strong or spirited condemnation of their own lunatic fringe.

If you don't believe in abortion, then don't freakin' have one.
It is that simple.
But no, it is easier to shovel your ideals down someone else's throat.
It is none of your business what a woman chooses to do.
And it is, by all certainty, wrong to kill a man over this.

I find it amusing that the anti abortion croud is always for first to bitch about welfare moms.
I find it equally amusing that this same croud was complaining about the Octo-Mom when she is actually anti-abortion herself.

And those of you applauding this act don't have any balls.
You live vicariously through your computer screen.
If you think this was a good thing then pick up your gun and stalk a doctor at his church.

Then again, I am wondering why Christians aren't more outraged that this happened in a place of worship. Probably, the man you see brutally murdered and tortured hanging on the cross has lessened your sensitivity.

Did someone request an incoherent rant on the abortion lobby talking points? I don't believe that order belongs at this table.

You're wondering why Christians aren't more outraged, are you? Tell me, how many Christians do you actually know to talk to? How many Christians have you even bothered to get reactions from? Where have you been looking for this outrage, precisely?

If those who oppose abortion on the grounds that it's equivalent to murder and favor the death penalty for all murderers oppose Tiller's killing, how would that be consistent?

Forum List

Back