Abortion Doctor George Tiller Reportedly Killed at Church

If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant, And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; ... Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.
-- Deuteronomy, Chapter 17:2-3,5

thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers; Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you ... Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him: But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die." -- Dt.13:6-10
all taken WAY out of context
but you keep showing what an asshole you can be

We have been over it before. The Bible has passages that suggest that killing is condoned. There are Bible passages that suggest that killing is wrong. The Koran has passages that suggest that killing is condoned. The Koran has passages that suggest that killing is wrong. If you find a passage that suits your bias but not the bias of your opponent, then he will simply say that you pulled it out of context. If your opponent finds a passage that does not agree with your bias, then you can say that he pulled it out of context. It is an old and tiresome game. Thankfully, god (assuming that he, she, it, or they exist) will be the ultimate judge. I would not presume to be the great judge as to who is a Christian and who is not – or who is a true Muslim and how is not. Let each practice according to his own conscious provided that he obeys the laws of the land. If he disobeys the laws of the land, then let him be punished according to our laws. With respect as to whether he sinned against god (according to his religion), I’ll let his god and his conscious be the judge.

I already said, I'm equal opportunity when it comes to religious acts of terrorism. I don't claim the Koran or the Bible commands people to kill anymore than the other. Fact is, they both can be read to command that we kill each other. I haven't said otherwise.

Sorry. Fact is, these murders and bombings over abortion are almost always done by people who beleive they are acting on Gods word, the bible, some notion they picked up from Christianity. It's a terrorist act with a religious motive.
terrorist act? no doubt. motivation is unknown at this point

Agreed. I give the highest probability to a religious motive. I am trying to recall the last incident involving a secular terrorist act against abortion.

Sorry. Fact is, these murders and bombings over abortion are almost always done by people who beleive they are acting on Gods word, the bible, some notion they picked up from Christianity. It's a terrorist act with a religious motive.

Agreed. I give the highest probability to a religious motive. I am trying to recall the last incident involving a secular terrorist act against abortion.
police have the suspect in custody
still no word on his motive
i say the guy is mentally unstable no matter what he claims as a motive
but then i believe ANYONE that would murder someone is mentally unstable

btw, i dont agree with "innocent by reason of insannity" defense
i think it should be "guilty, but mentally insane"

Last edited:
I would love to be one of the 12 jury members at the guys trial.

I would vote him "Not Guilty"
which is why you should never be in a jury
About every 5 years my name comes up for a week of jury duty,

As a patriotic and law abiding citizen.

I take jury duty as a serious duty that all Americans shoud participate in.
anyone that thinks someone is guilty or not guilty before they've seen the evidence should never be on a jury

which is why you should never be in a jury
About every 5 years my name comes up for a week of jury duty,

As a patriotic and law abiding citizen.

I take jury duty as a serious duty that all Americans shoud participate in.
anyone that thinks someone is guilty or not guilty before they've seen the evidence should never be on a jury
In a perfect world you would be correct

Sad that things like this have to happen. Sad that so many crazy people are out there who think murder is the ONLY answer.

I do wonder about the mental disposition of the people who often support violence for religion too. Trying not to jump the gun on this guy but the odds are that it was a religious motive. We often see numbers of religious people, Christians, church members who will shelter, encourage or defend the these actions although they might not be able to do it themselves.

A friend of mine has his own theory on putting an end to the insanity defense. You may plead insanity but the penalty for insanity is death.

I do wonder about the mental disposition of the people who often support violence for religion too. Trying not to jump the gun on this guy but the odds are that it was a religious motive. We often see numbers of religious people, Christians, church members who will shelter, encourage or defend the these actions although they might not be able to do it themselves.

A friend of mine has his own theory on putting an end to the insanity defense. You may plead insanity but the penalty for insanity is death.
yeah, because only religious people are against abortion

Atheists and Abortion: Godless Views on the Legality and Morality of Abortion

:eusa_whistle:

I doubt that anyone is arguing that only Christians or “believers” are opposed to abortion. The question seems to be the proportion of believers who resort to violence in their opposition to abortion versus non-believers who resort to violence. I’m opposed to abortion but I don’t care to bomb clinics or kill doctors.

Last edited:

I doubt that anyone is arguing that only Christians or “believers” are opposed to abortion. The question seems to be the proportion of believers who resort to violence in their opposition to abortion versus non-believers who resort to violence. I’m opposed to abortion but I don’t care to bomb clinics or kill doctors.

Yes, it's just deflection tactics. I could post a few pages of Christian nut job violence against abortion. I wonder if Divecon can give us an example of Athiest abortion violence?

But the fact is (my babble joke aside) that we don't know enough yet to jump to any kind of conclusions. This is all speculation so far.

Forum List

Back