Abortion and morality

Assuming responsibility for one's self and one's existence is maturity.

Understanding how language functions, how our brain works, what language really is are necessary to human advancement.

Morality is a human invention. If that truth makes someone uncomfortable, that person should go back to watching 'reality' tv.

Abortion and morality
is an oxymoron.

If God took the time to place the individual hairs on the heads of those aborted children, I'll bet He meant for them to have a life. When He judges the Nations, we'll be paying for this mistake.
Possibly, the number of Americans killed during the tribulation period may equal the number of His children we have killed, I don't know, but I doubt he overlooks it.

Are you going to tell me that a zygote has hairs on their head? Really? There's not even a nervous system, a brain (which most say is what separates us from the animals), nor a heart.

Sorry.......................but until that fetus has drawn the breath of Life (as it was said in Genesis, where God breathed the breath of life into Adam), it's not really human.

A zygote is a blueprint for a human, but it's not a human.

Blueprints for a house will make a house, but the blueprints are not a house.

What makes you think we abort zygotes and stop there?
A partial birth abortion is exactly what it says.
Remember when abortion was passed to protect the mother?
We now can abort a child whenever we want for whatever reason we choose.

Here is what we do to them:
We birth the head. If the woman doesn't like the hair color of that child she has the right to ask that that partially born child be aborted. It is now called abortion on demand.

At that point the doctor either slits the neck of the child to sever it's spinal chord or crushes it's skull, then delivers the rest of it. If they aren't dead yet, the Law has made a provision for the babies that are finished being born but are still breathing. The doctors are relieved of the duty of caring for the wounded child. They are permitted to throw the child in the trash and allow it to breath it's last breath in the garbage. It absolves the doctor of any wrong doing.

It is so horribly brutal that we banned it. Now we embrace it. Because women have rights! It would be more humane to just birth it and then put it to sleep like we do with dogs.

Last edited:
Those who view abortion as an inhumane act of cruelty must bear in mind that we cannot expect to remove all the dark aspects from life.

The Bible says otherwise. The life of Jesus proves otherwise.
The Bible says thou shalt not kill. < A dark aspect that we choose to embrace or choose to reject.
Darkness is not a condition we're are forced to endure. Darkness flees the Light.

'Earth' cannot be devastated, because devastation is merely a human illusion. The planet has been transformed countless times by huge occurrences. We would call it devastated. The earth calls it nothing as the earth is not something that uses thought, words or concepts.

Over population is only bad because it is undesirable to humans, unless it isn't. I don't want it and don't think it expresses the highest and best attributes of 'humaness', but that is my view. Humans determine what has value, what is precious, what has rights, etc. Reality is what we choose to acknowledge.

That it a horrible rationalization, void of the moral perspective. Not to acknowledge the moral responsibility that human beings have for the earth and its species is utter relativism and complacency.

M. Winther

What is the advantage of pretending that words are not totally relative to humans?

Those who view abortion as an inhumane act of cruelty must bear in mind that we cannot expect to remove all the dark aspects from life.

The Bible says thou shalt not kill. < A dark aspect that we choose to embrace or choose to reject.
Darkness is not a condition we're are forced to endure. Darkness flees the Light.

In fact, the life of Jesus shows how he embraced the dark aspects of existence. He lived a life in austerity and allowed himself to be flogged and fixed on a cross. His message is: "Lift up your cross and follow me" (Mark 8, Luke 9). He wasn't an advocate of the Cloud cuckoo land. On the contrary, He said that the Kingdom is within. Don't believe the people who say that it can be established in gross materiality, which is the modern global welfare ideal. Don't expect so much from worldly existence.

Mats Winther

"He said that the Kingdom is within."

Exactly, he expressly indicates the internal, subjective reality. Heaven is in a human, not out in space.

"He said that the Kingdom is within."

Exactly, he expressly indicates the internal, subjective reality. Heaven is in a human, not out in space.

Your posts are amusing; like watching a monkey who has convinced himself he's a concert pianist. :lol:

In fact, the life of Jesus shows how he embraced the dark aspects of existence. He lived a life in austerity and allowed himself to be flogged and fixed on a cross. His message is: "Lift up your cross and follow me" (Mark 8, Luke 9). He wasn't an advocate of the Cloud cuckoo land. On the contrary, He said that the Kingdom is within. Don't believe the people who say that it can be established in gross materiality, which is the modern global welfare ideal.
Mats Winther

It was Christ that said not to believe the people who say that it can be established in gross materiality, then proved it.

He fixed Himself to that cross as propitiation for sin. It had everything to do with salvation, and nothing to do with submission.

Dark aspects of existence are a by product of the war Satan has declared on humanity. They exist here (for a time), but not in Cloud cuckoo land, because Satan is not there.

But Christ is. And if you were right about Christ not believing in Cloud land it would mean I would have to blot out about 70 percent of what he said from my Bible. I was going to list some of the references to Cloud land that Jesus made, but the board isn't long enough.

"Pick up your cross and follow me", refers to righteousness, not austerity. Neither God nor Jesus have a problem with wealth, in fact God expects His children to prosper, and stores up more treasure for them in Cloud land, according to Jesus.
Christ never told Joseph of Arimathea to get rid of his wealth and he was the richest man on earth at the time. Christ's view on wealth was it's fine, but the love of it (greed) is not.
As to the "Kingdom is within us", Keep it in context: or you will end up relying on your self instead of Christ

God's power and truth are not born in you.
John 3 To enter the kingdom he must be born again..
That refers to a spiritual birth that requires a process to obtain.

Here are some humans who didn't not have the Kingdom of the Lord hot wired within:
John 8:44 "You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do&#8221;

And in these cases:
Matthew 12:28 &#8220;But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, surely the kingdom of God has come upon you.&#8221;
and specifically this,
Luke 17:20-21 &#8220;Now when He was asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, He answered them and said, "The kingdom of God does not come with observation; nor will they say, 'See here!' or 'See there!' For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you.&#8221;
should be understood as Jesus saying the Kingdom of God is within your midst, or among you. "Within" in this context is a loose translation of "entos" meaning "in the midst of"

Wherever Jesus was, the Kingdom accompanied Him.
What it does NOT mean is that it resides in everyone. If you're right, then Christ wouldn't have said, "thy Kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in Cloud cuckoo land".

Last edited:
To believe in the truest sense of Christ's sacrifice, you have to believe that humans and the choice they made crucified Jesus. If he did it himself, the whole point is missed.

Of course, I speak metaphorically. Jesus only taught in metaphor (as noted in the NT). Ever wonder why?

'Earth' cannot be devastated, because devastation is merely a human illusion. The planet has been transformed countless times by huge occurrences. We would call it devastated. The earth calls it nothing as the earth is not something that uses thought, words or concepts.

Over population is only bad because it is undesirable to humans, unless it isn't. I don't want it and don't think it expresses the highest and best attributes of 'humaness', but that is my view. Humans determine what has value, what is precious, what has rights, etc. Reality is what we choose to acknowledge.

I wish I could believe that There4, but the Bible tells a different story.

S. Korea intercepted a Chinese ship, out of N. Korea sending ab missiles to Syria. We no longer enjoy the relationship we had with Russia. You push your button we'll press ours. Crazy men have nuclear weapons now. When one sets a few dozen off, they'll all set them off. We will actually throw the earth off of its axis, and not one living thing will survive on this earth if Christ doesn't shorten those days and return to clean up our mess.
The Bible says nothing of this magnitude has ever happened to the earth before.

A few humans determine what has value. And that is the problem. A few have decided that we may overpopulate the earth. Stats don't bear that out, but because a few have made it their concern, (Oprah for one) they have given us their solution for the problem. Abortions on demand for all, and gays, that love, but don't procreate. And we put it between two slices of political correctness and eat it right up. Women rights, gay rights, have nothing to do with it. That is the condiment they serve to cover the meat.

Last edited:
To believe in the truest sense of Christ's sacrifice, you have to believe that humans and the choice they made crucified Jesus. If he did it himself, the whole point is missed.

Of course, I speak metaphorically. Jesus only taught in metaphor (as noted in the NT). Ever wonder why?

Please forgive me for being contrary. I really don't mean to be. We just see some things differently.

Christ knew the circumstances of His death before He ever left Heaven. Prophets foretold the chain of events and the method that would be used to kill Him hundreds of years before the humans that reacted in the situation were even born.
His mission on the cross was to shed His blood for our sins. Those humans that were involved, and the choices they made merely added to the number of sins Christ was there to cleanse us of.
At the event, when the lights came back on, the Roman soldier that was standing under the cross, frozen in fear for those 3 hours of darkness while Christ was paying for our sins, remarked, "Surely, we have killed the Son of God", and was converted on the spot. The Roman soldier that pierced Christ's side was cured of his near blindness when Christ's blood ran down the handle of the spear to his hands and he rubbed his eyes.
Christ didn't care who it was that hung him there, only that He could remain there until His and His Father's plan to snatch our souls right out of Satan's hands was finished. When it was finished, He moved on to what was next on His list.

Christ was specific and clear cut for most of His ministry, especially with His disciples. He began to speak in parables to the masses as a blessing. For those that had understanding, the message was clear.
Had He made things perfectly clear to all of them, then those that chose to disregard His message, would suffer a different consequence, as those who just didn't get it.

Soooo..we shouldn't think so highly of humans, and to prove it, we should kill babies.

Forum List

Back