A serious question about Jewish history

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by Indofred, Feb 25, 2013.

1. ima

ima BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +209
    Wasn't the Jews fault. Next.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Indofred

Indofred Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    More sorting out than I expected.
    Records of the time are confusing at best and accounts seem to vary.

King Bahram II (276–293 CE) seems to have claimed to have smashed the false religions, Christians and Jews amongst them.
    Shapur I seems to have been pro Jewish as was Shapur II, ruler up to 379 AD.

According to Šahris-tānihā ī Ērān, Yazdegerd (r. 399-421), who's wife may have been Jewish, settled Jews in Jay.
    The problem seems to have been with king Pērōz (r. 459-84) who ordered a massacre that killed half the Jews in the city and enslaved their sons.
    According to Ḥamza Eṣfahāni, these events took place in or about the year 472.
    The rumour was, Jews had flayed alive two Zoroastrian priests and used their skins in their tanning industry.

There is a problem. So far I've found nothing at all to back the Ḥamza Eṣfahāni account of events - not a sausage.
    This event, so far, remains clouded in the mists of time.
    If anyone can help, I'd he grateful.
    :)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2013
  3. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,630
    I don't know about the exact date, but YES, the word Ghetto means WALL and it became a word used by Jews to describe the neighborhood they were exiled into.

OOPS!

I stand corrected by myself

Etymology

Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
  4. Indofred

Indofred Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    That may well be useful for events further down the list - cheers. :)

5. richstacy

richstacy Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +47
    I believe it has been largely the false belief, often perpetuated by the Church, that Jews were responsible for the Death of Jesus. In fact one needs look no further than this to discount such beliefs: The following people were Jewish: Jesus, Joseph, Mary, Peter, Mathew, Luke, John, Paul etc, etc etc. It is impossible to hate Jews without hating them as well.

Of course there were some Jews who were for getting rid of Jesus, Just as there were some Christians who burned witches and heretics at the stake, and extracted confessions with thumbscrews.

6. Indofred

Indofred Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    This seems to have been used by the early church for its own reasons, commonly cash.

7. ima

ima BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +209
    There's not even any real proof that Jesus even existed, Fred, is that the Jews fault as well?:D

8. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,630
    FYI

Partisans write their version of history and then REAL HISTORIANS write REAL HISTORY when they can.

Now do NOT tell me that the majority of you didn't once believe that the Pyramids were build by the Jews because I know damned well that that was the commonly understood history most of us were taught.

That FALSE history was brought to you by partisans.

Now thanks mostly to acheologists' findings of the records of how many people worked on those structures, and of the pay records of the workers who build them , HISTORY can finally lay that MYTH to rest.

I do not doubt many of us want to reject those findings because they don't jibe with our cherised beliefs.

History doesn't care what we want to believe.

History doesn't make moral arguments.

History just reports the verifiable facts as it uncovers them.

HISTORY, much like the physical sciences, REVISES ITSELF when new facts come to light.

In fact, that's what ALL real social sciences strive to do.

They report what they THINK they know, and when they find they were wrong, they report that they were wrong, too.

It's called INTELLECTUAL HONESTY.

Practice that and you will never again CARE if somebody proves you wrong.

In fact, when they do, YOU WILL THANK THEM for showing you the errors in your thinking.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
  9. ThirdTerm

ThirdTerm Severely Conservative

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +145
    False stereotypes about Judaism were prevalent in the Middle Ages and Ashkenazi Jews lived in Europe with little inflow or outflow from migration, conversion, or intermarriage with other groups, which served to maintain their ethnic identity while living in exile for 2,000 years. But their self-segregating lifestyle also reinforced those stereotypes due to the lack of communication with local populations.

10. PaulS1950

PaulS1950 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +238
    I don't know what school you were in that taught you that the Jews built the pyramids but I was never taught that and I have gone through a lot of schooling. I have a masters in theology and history of religions.