83% of U.S. Residents Oppose Immigration Increase

get_involved

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2009
Pew Research Center Poll: 83% of U.S. Residents Oppose Immigration Increase | NumbersUSA

Record 61.8 million U.S. Residents Speak Foreign Language at Home!

The "Melting Pot" is not melting! There is a huge lack of assimilation from too much immigration!

Record 61.8 million U.S. Residents Speak Foreign Language at Home

immigration%20levels8.gif

And being able to speak a foreign language at home is somehow a bad thing? Really?

Please show me the clause in the Constitution where an official state language is declared.

Oh wait, there isn't such a clause.

The USA is one of only a handful of nations, if even a handful, that has no official national language.

Since that is that case, exactly which language is therefore a "foreign" language? Hmmm???

My daughter speaks 3 languages and will surely learn one or two more in the next years.

And you think that is bad?

Are you sick, or just brain damaged?

And being able to speak a foreign language at home is somehow a bad thing? Really?

Please show me the clause in the Constitution where an official state language is declared.

The USA is one of only a handful of nations, if even a handful, that has no official national language.

Since that is that case, exactly which language is therefore a "foreign" language? Hmmm???

My daughter speaks 3 languages and will surely learn one or two more in the next years.

But what does that have to do with the 83% of Americans polled which oppose increase in immigration?

-Geaux

But what does that have to do with the 83% of Americans polled which oppose increase in immigration?

-Geaux

Yes, indeed, that is the question. Because the OP link points to absolutely no data to back up this claim.

So, ask the OP.

-Geaux

Yes, indeed, that is the question. Because the OP link points to absolutely no data to back up this claim.

So, ask the OP.

From the link

-Geaux

===================================

The Pew report on population growth and immigration that was released on September 28, which projected that immigration would add 103 million people to the U.S. population between 2015 and 2065, accounting for 88 percent of total population growth, also contained polling data on attitudes about immigration policy (pages 121-127).

The reason that people favor less immigration becomes clear when they are asked about its effect on society.

The Pew polling data is very important because it confirms that Americans, while welcoming to immigrants, want lower levels of immigration.

Pew Research Center Poll: 83% of U.S. Residents Oppose Immigration Increase | NumbersUSA

From the link

-Geaux

===================================

The Pew report on population growth and immigration that was released on September 28, which projected that immigration would add 103 million people to the U.S. population between 2015 and 2065, accounting for 88 percent of total population growth, also contained polling data on attitudes about immigration policy (pages 121-127).

The reason that people favor less immigration becomes clear when they are asked about its effect on society.

The Pew polling data is very important because it confirms that Americans, while welcoming to immigrants, want lower levels of immigration.

Well, I figured if the OP can lie out of his ass, so can I.

Because the OP title is an out and out lie.

Here, from p. 123 of the PEW survey that is quoted, the actual numbers:

2016-09-029 Pew Foundation internal 001.png

As you can clearly see, 49% is not the same as 83%. And it could never be 83%, because 15% of those polled actually want immigration to INCREASE and 34% want immigration levels to stay as they are, which means neither increase nor decrease.

But as Right-wingers are so prone to lie out their asses, all they did, in their laziness, was to take the 15% who want an increase + the 2% who gave no answer and then subtracted it from 100 and came up with a figure of 83% that is nothing more than a trip through fairy-dust land. Again, the OP title says:

83% of U.S. Residents Oppose Immigration Increase

That is a lie.

get_involved : you are a liar. And the numbers prove that you lied. Go fuck yourself, you RWNJ.

Derideo_Te

Here's the kind of people we are letting in the country today:

• "Despite concerted efforts to stem the flow, we have largely failed to stop Americans from traveling overseas to join jihadists. Of the hundreds of Americans who have sought to travel to the conflict zone in Syria and Iraq, authorities have only interdicted a fraction of them."

US failing to stop most people trying to join ISIS, report finds

Some key takeaways from the article

-Geaux
--------------------------------

The public’s views of
immigrants’ impact on the
U.S. vary across different
aspects of American life.
Views are most negative about
the economy and crime: Half
of U.S. adults say immigrants
are making things worse in
those areas. On the economy,
28%
say immigrants are
making things better
while
20% say they are not having
much of an effect. On crime,
by contrast, just 7% say
immigrants are making things
better
while 41% generally see
no positive or negative impact
of immigrants in the U.S. on
crime

-Geaux

The public’s views of
28%
say immigrants are
making things better
while
by contrast, just 7% say
better
while 41% generally see
crime
Yes, that is also in the write-up, however, it is unrelated to the OP title, which is a lie.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

-Geaux

The public’s views of
28%
say immigrants are
making things better
while
by contrast, just 7% say
better
while 41% generally see
crime
Yes, that is also in the write-up, however, it is unrelated to the OP title, which is a lie.

OK- ~50% think so... Just about the same margin than gave us the abortion Obama for 8 years. Thank god that sentence is coming to an end

-Geaux

-Geaux

The public’s views of
28%
say immigrants are
making things better
while
by contrast, just 7% say
better
while 41% generally see
crime

OK- ~50% think so... Just about the same margin than gave us the abortion Obama for 8 years. Thank god that sentence is coming to an end

-Geaux
So, you agree that 49 and 83 are not the same number. Good.

of course they do. we don't anymore unprotected immigrations right now. we want CONTROL of our boarders first and foremost. anyone who supports Obama and the Democrats party on immigration is UNAMERCIAN

Yet our Immigration System continues to be dismantled, and the border stays wide open. Do Citizens still have say in what their Government does? It doesn't look like it.

-Geaux

The public’s views of
28%
say immigrants are
making things better
while
by contrast, just 7% say
better
while 41% generally see
crime

-Geaux
So, you agree that 49 and 83 are not the same number. Good.

Glad you point out the obvious...

BTW- Water is wet

-Geaux

Forum List

Back