MAGA Immigration Chart for Dummies

citygator

Posting From Hunters Laptop
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2019
Charlotte
Looks like I finally found a chart to explain the immigration problem to me in a language I understand - hogwash. Trump did nothing to stave off immigration in this country until he let COVID run rampant. See study below the very clearly labeled chart.

1704404070405.png

But as the Trump tenure nears its end, analysis of immigration data shows that, despite public perception to the contrary, the administration’s policies have not led to a marked drop in the number of permanent immigrants, temporary foreign workers, international students, and those receiving asylum in the United States—at least not yet. In other words, with the exception of refugee admissions, there has not been a dramatic, across-the-board “Trump effect” attributable either to the administration’s policies or rhetoric on immigration levels.

Instead, the most significant drop in U.S. immigration during the president’s term came from COVID-19. As the pandemic affected migration globally, permanent and temporary immigration to the United States reached a record low in fiscal year (FY) 2020, a trend that could continue into FY 2021. The number of immigrant visas issued abroad in FY 2020 dipped 45 percent from a year earlier, and the number of temporary (nonimmigrant) visas issued decreased 54 percent. However, without the public-health crisis, it seems unlikely that immigrant and nonimmigrant visa issuance would have fallen this low. And while Trump acted to limit mobility in response to the coronavirus outbreak, trends suggest that immigration was dropping in advance of his proclamations.

The buried lie of omission....

"...with the exception of refugee admissions...."

Hey, I have an idea....Let's totally ignore the totally illegal border crashing, under the fraudulent guise of "refugee" for this one!

Yeeeeeahhhh, that's the ticket.
That word salad has no meaning.

Looks like I finally found a chart to explain the immigration problem to me in a language I understand - hogwash. Trump did nothing to stave off immigration in this country until he let COVID run rampant. See study below the very clearly labeled chart.

View attachment 883390

But as the Trump tenure nears its end, analysis of immigration data shows that, despite public perception to the contrary, the administration’s policies have not led to a marked drop in the number of permanent immigrants, temporary foreign workers, international students, and those receiving asylum in the United States—at least not yet. In other words, with the exception of refugee admissions, there has not been a dramatic, across-the-board “Trump effect” attributable either to the administration’s policies or rhetoric on immigration levels.

Instead, the most significant drop in U.S. immigration during the president’s term came from COVID-19. As the pandemic affected migration globally, permanent and temporary immigration to the United States reached a record low in fiscal year (FY) 2020, a trend that could continue into FY 2021. The number of immigrant visas issued abroad in FY 2020 dipped 45 percent from a year earlier, and the number of temporary (nonimmigrant) visas issued decreased 54 percent. However, without the public-health crisis, it seems unlikely that immigrant and nonimmigrant visa issuance would have fallen this low. And while Trump acted to limit mobility in response to the coronavirus outbreak, trends suggest that immigration was dropping in advance of his proclamations.
Yes .. yes .. because Democrats supported and approved measures to restrict illegal immigration. Where is that in your chart? Biden is only "concerned" with illegal immigration as we go into an election year.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist.

View attachment 883390

What part of 302,000 unknown immigrants in December do you not understand cg?

View attachment 883390

According to your chart trump did far better than obama

And biden’s open door policy was like a magnet to migrants

None of which, Mac-6, make the Rs the way to go as winners.

You Rs are no less reprehensible on immigration reform than the Ds.

Both parties have to compromise.

None of which, Mac-6, make the Rs the way to go as winners.

You Rs are no less reprehensible on immigration reform than the Ds.

Both parties have to compromise.

Both parties need to enforce the fucking LAWS, as they have sworn to do. Or just let the border States repel the invasion.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back