51 Hours Left to Live

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps you missed the post above where I tore apart your ridiculous arguments. It amuses me to watch you fail at skirting the actual issues with these inane accusations of trolling. My points are valid. You can either address them like a big girl, or continue pretending like those facts don't exist as you usually do.

I didn't see that you tore apart a thing. You threw around some insults and made vague references...

what argument of mine did you decimate, exactly? Maybe it will help if you actually identify it.

well, we can start with your poorly formed idea that this was murder by physician

Allie said:
*assisted* suicide is just legalized murder.

Er, no. I asked you to point out where you have ALREADY destroyed an argument of mine. That's what you claimed. Please direct me to where you did this.

irrelevant semantics. we're in this thread now. try addressing this thread's topics. I shot down something you said in this thread. you replied with 6 posts now of immaturity.

do you concede you were incorrect regarding the points I addressed in this post, would you like to actually refute my well formed points and support what you originally said, or will you continue with your unrelated inane responses?

I was talking about this thread, you idiot. That's where you made the claim.

Though you are also bouncing around different threads referencing outside threads as well.

Just one quote, one link supporting anything you've said.

In case you don't remember, you claimed you had blasted my arguments. In this thread. Of course you didn't say which argument you had blasted. I'm just asking for a little clarification.

Perhaps you missed the post above where I tore apart your ridiculous arguments. It amuses me to watch you fail at skirting the actual issues with these inane accusations of trolling. My points are valid. You can either address them like a big girl, or continue pretending like those facts don't exist as you usually do.[/quote]

Lie. You didn't tear apart any argument or even identify any specific argument. The post you refer to in this post is just another claim that you tore apart my arguments without identifying them or providing any information.

What a joke.

:clap2::cuckoo::clap2:

If that's what person wants, the state has no place there. Particularly not there administering the drugs and holding the hands of people who are administering death.

Surely you want professionals administering the drugs though? You mean a hack should do it?

Yeah, I don't see the problem with all this. The state sets mandatory requirements like x number of doctors have to agree on the terminal diagnosis, and only x type of cocktail can be used. Obviously all with consent. As long as these laws are written strict, with maybe some kind of panel that reviews each case to make sure procedure has been followed. I think in this case, the guy actually has a button he pushes whenever he's ready. The reddit thread was pretty cool, a major foil to this thread.

In summary: you are completely clueless about this issue. Now is a good time to leave the thread.

These feeding patterns have been observed several times, and leads me to conclude that it won't go back under the bridge until it's had its fill.

Wow. That reminds me either of Gollum-speak or the killer who dances around with his dick between his legs in Silence of the Lambs.

Either way, very weird.

I was going for the clinical diagnosis angle, considering the context of the thread. Now please, go on about how Jews willingly walked into gas chambers. That was a good one.

Since you seem to have trouble following the progression of this thread, I'll make this easier for you:

*assisted* suicide is just legalized murder.
false. offering an option whereby a person who has been shown to be psychologically sane can end his own life in a controlled and pain-free manner, thereby avoiding the potentially stressful and damaging alternative methods otherwise available is not someone else murdering that person. it's allowing the person to take their own life in one of the most effective and pain free methods available. People otherwise do not have access to such methods.

When the state condones it, it's just state sponsored murder. You should look into the egregious abuses that went on in the Netherlands when they decided to embrace eugenics.
First sentence still false. Second sentence completely unrelated in location, laws, and topic.

That's a lie perpetrated by people who want to practice genetic engineering and eugenics.
Still false. Oregon's assisted suicide has nothing to do with eugenics. The patients are already dying and have less than 6 months to live. Note how eugenics has nothing do with quality of life issues surrounding impending death.

And it's just a coinicidence that the biggest and best support for *assisted suicide* comes from places and people who support eugenics.
Unless you plan to show that assisted suicide IS eugenics and unethical, this is completely irrelevant, and a perfect example of your usual misdirection. It doesn't matter even IF it happened to be in the same places that previously supported outright genocide. These laws need be evaluated independently from their geographic history.

AllieBaba said:
Dude enlists the assistance of other people, opens up a chatline on the internet, dude is political.
Completely unsupported speculation.

AllieBaba said:
BTW, life is full of crap episodes; my dad fell into an outhouse when he was 3 and spent an unpleasant period of time in shit up to his neck before his mother finally found him. I wouldn't wish that on anyone, either. But I wouldn't kill them to save them from the risk of it ever happening again. Just because it's unpleasant for you to think about doesn't mean you get to off all the people in misery.
Again, completely irrelevant. This man is not going through unpleasantness. He is facing imminent death after pain and poor quality of life. It is not simply a crap hole he can eventually get pulled out of, and thus comparing it to the above is yet another example of your completely unrelated anecdotes.

AllieBaba said:
ASSISTED suicide isn't suicide at all. It's murder.
Still false.

Let me know if you're still having trouble understanding where I've shown your poorly formed points to be wrong or irrelevant.

Oh. I see. When you disagree with something someone says, no proof is needed. We just accept that what you say is the indisputable truth; no further evidence is necessary!

Perfect. You may return to trolling now, you have proven you have nothing to bring to this table.

If a patient choses to be Do Not Resusitate, do you consider them to be suicidal?

Are the family members, paramedics, and doctors who do not perform resuscitation murderers?

by AllieBaba's worldview, if someone buys a gun legitimately and years later kills themselves with it, it's REALLY "murder" by the person who originally sold the gun.

by AllieBaba's worldview, if someone buys a gun legitimately and years later kills themselves with it, it's REALLY "murder" by the person who originally sold the gun.

Not when it comes to guns. Guns are sacred and are protected by our God-given rights.

Medicine is not.

Oh. I see. When you disagree with something someone says, no proof is needed. We just accept that what you say is the indisputable truth; no further evidence is necessary!

Perfect. You may return to trolling now, you have proven you have nothing to bring to this table.

oh i see the reason you didn't see where I shot down your ridiculous ideas. you were looking for a link. Here I was under the assumption that evidence could be in the form of basic understanding of English words, such as murder and relevance.

Well, here's your "evidence" then:
meriam-webster.com said:
SUICIDE

a : the act or an instance of taking one's own life voluntarily and intentionally especially by a person of years of discretion and of sound mind
Yes, this does describe someone taking their own life voluntarily and intentionally by a person of sound mind. Notice how no one is taking this man's life unwillingly. Therefore, you are still incorrect regarding his suicide being murder.

meriam-webster.com said:
RELEVANT

a : having significant and demonstrable bearing on the matter at hand
b : affording evidence tending to prove or disprove the matter at issue or under discussion
Note how the Netherlands has no bearing on the matter regarding Oregon laws of assisted suicide. Further note how your relative being stuck in crap similarly has no bearing on the aforementioned matter. It should be no surprise that neither is evidence that proves of disproves anything regarding Oregon suicide.

Would you like me to provide the definition of eugenics to show how it too doesn't apply to this topic? Let me know what other "evidence" you insist I provide, if logical reasoning and now basic word definitions are still confusing you.

Fuck off, you crack whore. You have no idea of what I've had to live through or what I've witnessed.

BTW, everyone can opt to kill themselves at any time. When the state condones it, it's just state sponsored murder. You should look into the egregious abuses that went on in the Netherlands when they decided to embrace eugenics. Er..I mean, euthanasia. Particularly post-birth abortion and non-consensual euthanasia. Not that you would care, I'm sure you have no problem with the slaughter of people who are viewed as a burden to someone..anyone...even themselves...
Once again I find you in a thread spewing this moronic garbage. The usual setup is this: you know nothing of the actual circumstances surrounding a topic, yet give your completely unfounded political or religious opinion anyway, often times comparing the actual situation so something completely irrelevant. In this thread alone, such irrelevancies have included an anecdote of a family member falling into an outhouse, and euthanasia in other areas of the world and eras in history.

The FACT still remains that THIS CASE is one where someone IS DYING of cancer, and is in a tremendous amount of pain. This person has a very poor quality of life with no chance of that changing until his impending death, which is within 6 months, as verified by multiple physicians. He is being given medications which he will take himself, free from anyone else's hand, which by definition precludes it from being murder. The specific drugs are designed to reduce unnecessary end of life pain and stress that might otherwise accompany other forms of suicide.

In summary: you are completely clueless about this issue. Now is a good time to leave the thread.

If it wasn't political, then he could just be quiet and die with the dignity he says he seeks

It is political. Probably the ultimate political statement
Or he's trying to reach out to and connect with people before he dies.

No one wants a progressive disease of any sort, some learn to live their best and die quietly with no fan fare. Those people are heroes
Dying alone and quietly makes someone a hero? REALLY NOW?!

The man that this thread is about has done all that he can. Oregon has a system that allows him to end his own life. In my mind it is his God given if not human right. I hope he go's to the here after in peace.

Not when it comes to guns. Guns are sacred and are protected by our God-given rights.

Medicine is not.

Nice red herring.
This is not a red herring. You insist that providing a person with a means of taking their own life is MURDER. Clearly when that ridiculous idea is applied to any other means of dying, such as gun sales, it is erroneous. Yet somehow you think that it can apply to this situation just fine. Amazing how it only applies when you want it to.

You have this habit of crying "logical fallacy" whenever you don't like what is being said. I'm beginning to suspect you don't actually know what that means.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back