Your Personality Makes Your Politics

The test, though has me pegged as a strong Conservative, has flaws.
These are from the comments supporting a 18% liberal result:

You prefer documentaries over action movies

I prefer knowledge and science to fluff, though I will watch an action adventure or a comedy as a diversion.

You have a messy desk

THAT means I'm a Liberal?

You like fusion cuisine

I like new experiences. I don't see anything political there

You use a modern browser

Firefox is a modern browser? I've been using it since it was Netscape. I don't use Windows or Mac so why the F would I use IE of Safari? I don't use Chrome because I don't like the feel of it.

You prefer the Met to Times Square.

Again, I prefer expanding my knowledge to partying with a bunch of drunk Libs on New Year's Eve.

I like dogs more than cats but either way they're a pain in the neck at times.

I just switched to Chrome a week ago and with widows 8 it's only slightly better.

Sooo.. Chrome is a dog and Firefox is a smelly cat box..

Well, at least you aren't using IE, LOL. Yep, the Chrome browser makes you more Conservative.

For some reason. Huh?

Well, Republicans do tend to like things to work out a little better and Chrome seems to be it...:smiliehug:..welcome to the good side..

Firefox has worked just fine for me until last week. I got caught by an annoying adware program. I think I got rid of it, but I'm not positive about that. The people that create those viruses should be apprehended, tried and when convicted taken out behind the courthouse and summarily shot.

Immie

Possibly the worst test I have ever taken to show if you are more conservative or liberal.

You can see the questions and how they mislead people. "Are you proud of your countries history?" Strongly agree = conservative Strongly disagree = Liberal.... Really? No middle ground? Like parts of the history?

Impossible to answer these questions honestly as they give very little to no context for many of the questions.

If you're more likely to eat "mixed" food your liberal?

There were option on the history. The extremes were agree and disagree. In between there were option like mostly disagree.

You're a Conservative in denial..I suspect...:lol:

:lol:

Thing said I was 66% Conservative and 33% Liberal. Must be because I use Chrome and like dogs more than cats.

I just switched to Chrome a week ago and with widows 8 it's only slightly better.

I picked firefox and that was a "modern browser" and a Lib trait.

I think Cons are expected to use IE.

Well, at least you aren't using IE, LOL. Yep, the Chrome browser makes you more Conservative.

For some reason. Huh?

Well, Republicans do tend to like things to work out a little better and Chrome seems to be it...:smiliehug:..welcome to the good side..

Firefox has worked just fine for me until last week. I got caught by an annoying adware program. I think I got rid of it, but I'm not positive about that. The people that create those viruses should be apprehended, tried and when convicted taken out behind the courthouse and summarily shot.

Immie

I've had similar feelings but in my scenario, they're forced to watch MSNBC political :)lol:) news 24 hours a day for a month, then, they're committed to an insane asylum..

• Thanks
Reactions: Vox
:lol:

Thing said I was 66% Conservative and 33% Liberal. Must be because I use Chrome and like dogs more than cats.

That is just stupid, isn't it

• Thanks
Reactions: Vox

That is just stupid, isn't it

extremely. I don't know anybody who uses IE

This IS the NY Times. They think that Conservatives are stupid and refuse to adapt. I saw an article that said Windows users tended to be more Conservative than Mac users and Linux users were the most Liberal.

I simply use Linux because I love the concept of individuals contributing to a community and I dislike buying software or rebooting my computer every day to regain control of some memory or processor hole.

My laptop hasn't rebooted in 81 days and 3 hours.

Last edited:
See:

Time.com/mypolitics and take the quiz.

"Social scientists find many questions about values and lifestyle that have no obvious connection to politics can be used to predict a person’s ideology. Even a decision as trivial as which browser you’re using to read this article is imbued with clues about your personality. Are you on a Mac or PC? Did you use the default program that came with the computer or install a new one?

"In the following interactive, we put together 12 questions that have a statistical correlation to a person’s political leanings, even if the questions themselves are seemingly apolitical. At the end of this (completely anonymous) quiz, we’ll use your responses to guess your politics."

Read more: Personality Quiz: Can TIME Guess Your Politics? | TIME.com Personality Quiz: Can TIME Guess Your Politics? | TIME.com
I answered everything as truthfully as possible...

72% Con vs 28% Lib

Attachments

• $Screenshot - 01_13_2014 Mon - TIME Personality Politics Test.jpg
    $Screenshot - 01_13_2014 Mon - TIME Personality Politics Test.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 44
The "I" in "IE" stands (really) for Invitation. The "E"? That's for Exploitation. There are plenty of other browsers out there, each suited best to a range of purposes. Chrome. Flock. Opera. Safari. iCab. Flock is best for "social" sites. iCab for anything coming out of Europe. Safari can be clunky but is about as close to bulletproof as it gets. Firefox seems to have the best range of add-ons to block ads and scripted crap. But you have to choose them wisely and then add them on. Then they can get in the way of doing certain stuff. For example, with ad and script blockers it's hell to order anything online 'cause you have to keep turning features off and on to complete order forms. So far I've found Safari best for that purpose as it's recognized by most websites. Opera frequently is not supported. Chrome is fast and reliable but it rats you out to Google (hence NSA & friends) with every move you make.

Immie

I've had similar feelings but in my scenario, they're forced to watch MSNBC political :)lol:) news 24 hours a day for a month, then, they're committed to an insane asylum..

Let's compromise!

24 hour a day MSNBC for a month followed by the firing squad. Deal?

Immie

Immie

Let's compromise!

24 hour a day MSNBC for a month followed by the firing squad. Deal?

Immie

That s cruel and usual punishment Immie

Halfway between liberal and moderate, about 10:30 on the scale, 9 being liberal and 12 being moderate.

Forum List

Back