Zone1 Used car and truck market.

Are we being gouged these days in the used car and truck market place ?

It seems to me that we are or maybe I have just fallen behind the times. A 1995 Chevy pick up for $8,500 dollars ? To me that was just too high for a 1995.

What say you all ? Do you think in a lot of ways that you are being gouged when attempting to purchase a used vehicle these days ???
The EV push of Biden IMMEDIATELY devalued ALL trade-ins that are not EV.
He is a stupid lazy man and this is more of same.

Food , gas, housing, cars --- all being pushed up

Saw the other day that Biden has made Census folks count illegal immigrants so he can count their jobs as the economy is improving.
Americans losing jobs to illegal immigrants -- and that makes the creepy jerk smile

Americans losing jobs to illegal immigrants -- and that makes the creepy jerk smile

As it does his voter and thug base of assorted deviants and vermin. Burb Brat Democrats apparently believe jacking up the poverty rates in the U.S. will sell more $100K EVs or something.

Saw the other day that Biden has made Census folks count illegal immigrants so he can count their jobs as the economy is improving.
I've never seen a country that literally hates it's own citizen's as bad as this United States of America does....... It uses it citizen's against each other in these contest, and it hates them all when it comes to their bottom line or power being threatened.

It uses foreign nations to shield itself from it's own citizen's, otherwise when the citizen's catch on to all the fleecing and corruption going on in which is being done by design.

You omit corporations who should be punished.

Gee. I wish I would have been able to find a Yak, of conservative color for you, but not too many out there and (not a prime consideration), that are also rated for Class IV+ rivers, yet able or comfortable and with storage capacity with movable bulkhead for overnight Class I, II, and III+ trips. That is a Jackson Traverse. I wanted something that would stand up and be controllable in Class III and IV. You will not find me in class V flows and drops unless I screw up, not aware of weather upstream, as Class II/III can easily turn into class IV/V+, quickly even if no rain present where you are whitewater kayaking, as these are (for the most part) mountainous canyon streams, quickly dumping a low of rain into deeper canyon streams. At almost 70 and with my experience, I don't screw up much, knowing flow (cfs), gauge height and weather in the watershed before leaving, but wearing the skirt and not overloaded or loaded incorrectly it does well in those flows, easily bracing, able to roll, turns on a dime, light enough to portage if a particular drop looks more challenging than I want to attempt. Having broken two open boat canoes (one rate for white water), discretion is the better part of valor and common sense. At the same time it works for overnight longer trips on class II & III, and is comfortable for day use, on class I & II or open coastal ocean kayaking, with a movable drop skag to maintain straighter, easier paddling, when ability to make radical turns is not necessary.
sorry ... I didn't take the time to read your long reply ...

sorry ... I didn't take the time to read your long reply ...
That's OK. The Jeep shown was the the USED Truck, repainted instead of supporting the godawful high prices we are seeing in the USED Car and Truck Market. The Kayak on top was purchased new and is in excellent condition. Used Kayaks don't bring jackshit in the market, at least not in TN.

Used truck prices are now determined as much by condition as year, make, model, and miles, especially trucks with V8's. If it's in good condition, no rust, well taken care of, and 4WD. 100,000 miles is no longer a significant drawback.

During the Covid Spring, I was looking to trade in the Jeep on a late model used pickup truck, something no more than two model years old. The last dealer I bought new from, quoted me a price, $2000 dollars higher than what the truck listed for brand new, saying it was due to the chip shortage.
I had the Jeep painted. It runs great!
I bought my Challenger in February 2020. I sold it in April 2022. I put 35,000 miles on it.

I sold it to a dealer for what I paid.

I bought my Challenger in February 2020. I sold it in April 2022. I put 35,000 miles on it.

I sold it to a dealer for what I paid.
Impressive, as a seller.:thup:

Unless parts become a huge issue, then what ?

China.
I've been seeing vintage Beetles around here lately, including a 1962 convertible. Loved the whole concept of cars from a several year production having interchangeable parts. Also liked not having to screw with radiators, water pumps, and thermostats going bad.
What an awful car.
I get a new car every three years.
So, you're the guy in hock up to your eyeballs.

Only in Mexico. Not available in the US past 79 due to emissions.

I'm a beetle expert. My dad owns 3 and we spent 4 years restoring his '65 that he bought back in like 1980 as a go-to-work cheap car. It sat in the woods for 25 years. We had to drag it out with a tractor with someone (that would be me) holding in the clutch because it was stuck in gear. We did a light rebuild on the engine and he basically put all new electrical components in it. Had it repainted inside and out, and redid the interior himself. He was real funny to put back ONLY factory accurate parts. Meaning, the correct bumpers, the correct wheels and tires, the correct numbers matching engine is still in it. He actually left it 6 volts and did not do the popular upgrade to 12 volts. Why? Because it didn't come that way from the factory. It was a 6 volt car.

He has that '65, a '72 and a '77 convertible.
I'm sorry.

Are we being gouged these days in the used car and truck market place ?

It seems to me that we are or maybe I have just fallen behind the times. A 1995 Chevy pick up for $8,500 dollars ? To me that was just too high for a 1995.

What say you all ? Do you think in a lot of ways that you are being gouged when attempting to purchase a used vehicle these days ???
It is not that difficult, new car prices have escalated dramatically, which naturally effects used car prices.

It is not that difficult, new car prices have escalated dramatically, which naturally effects used car prices.
True, but everything was fluid based upon the vehicle and it's condition, yet it appears that trends are being followed where the buyer's are being backed into a corner with very little options, and especially if they are on a fixed or limited income.

This starts a downward spiral that can be hard to overcome for many, and if the trends continue without some sort of relief or new resolve by inducing more incentives that spur dealers to sell at cheaper prices, then many Americans will fall deeper into dependency, and become subjected to predatory practices.

We are Americans that should be doing everything within our power and economies to make America great again at all levels of society. The lifting of all boat's by making sure that fraud and gouging is kept as much as possible to a bear minimum is highly important to every sector in society. If people think that all levels aren't connected in some sort of way, then they are fooling themselves, and worse they are setting themselves up for failure in an eventual way also.

True, but everything was fluid based upon the vehicle and it's condition, yet it appears that trends are being followed where the buyer's are being backed into a corner with very little options, and especially if they are on a fixed or limited income.

This starts a downward spiral that can be hard to overcome for many, and if the trends continue without some sort of relief or new resolve by inducing more incentives that spur dealers to sell at cheaper prices, then many Americans will fall deeper into dependency, and become subjected to predatory practices.

We are Americans that should be doing everything within our power and economies to make America great again at all levels of society. The lifting of all boat's by making sure that fraud and gouging is kept as much as possible to a bear minimum is highly important to every sector in society. If people think that all levels aren't connected in some sort of way, then they are fooling themselves, and worse they are setting themselves up for failure in an eventual way also.
Henry Ford died in 1947.
He revolutionized business operations throughout America, well outside of just the auto industry.
At the time he began his operations, America's economy had a lot in common with European economies.
Almost completely agriculture for the masses, and luxury "big ticket" items for the elites.
Ford saw that there was a whole lot more money that could be made by raising the income of the masses and instead of making $1million selling cars to only the wealthy - you could make $100 million selling affordable cars to millions of people.
That is not the direction America's economy is going now.

Henry Ford died in 1947.
He revolutionized business operations throughout America, well outside of just the auto industry.
At the time he began his operations, America's economy had a lot in common with European economies.
Almost completely agriculture for the masses, and luxury "big ticket" items for the elites.
Ford saw that there was a whole lot more money that could be made by raising the income of the masses and instead of making $1million selling cars to only the wealthy - you could make $100 million selling affordable cars to millions of people.
That is not the direction America's economy is going now.
Explain in detail where the new economies are going then, and who are the winner's and who will be the loser's ? Give us some discrepancy number's if possible.

Forum List

Back