Would You Find This to be an Accurate Statement?

Today's technology is making people stupid. That was a direct quote by a family member and coming from somebody who doesn't even bother having notes of phone numbers anymore or even bothers memorizing them,.. I wholeheartedly agree with him.
I used to carry an address book, now I have an iphone and I don't have to waste time dialing. Yes, I'm that old!!

Yep. I had a job where I had to photograph houses. Very tough having to read a map and drive, very dangerous. Today, you just speak the address and the Nav takes you there.

I still remember phone numbers or write them down on paper.

Put no one in my contacts, Google crawls all that. That ain't none of their business.

I got my phone numbers I need to have. Either in my head or on paper.

My phone number is not in the head. :( I knew my old one, don't know this one that good.

I still remember phone numbers or write them down on paper.

Kids nowadays probably don't even know what paper is. Everything is probably done on laptops in schools. I don't think that they even use pencil and paper anymore.

In my field, I’ve noticed a distinct decline in newer (younger) nurses’ ability to write narrative nurses notes. I take at least a little pride in that I can write a coherent paragraphs-and everything note summarizing a shift.

But many young people don’t seem to be able to write anything other than “text-speak”. In response, employers are switching from narrative notes to point-and-click boxes. I hate it and it’s frankly insulting, it suggests we’re incapable of writing.

If writing coherently is a measure of intelligence, then the younger generations are undeniably becoming more and more stupid.

Last edited:
To be very nit-picky here......................

No, techonology doesn't make people stupid. People make themselves stupid by becoming lazy and depending on technology to do EVERYTHING for them, instead of using technology as a TOOL to HELP them.

Example:
Take a home builder that uses his tools (hammer, nails, saws) to build homes.
One day he expects these items to build the homes themselves, while he sits at home watching football all day.
Not only do homes not get built, he gets stupid from being lazy, because he doesn't care about anything anymore.

It's called a "smart" phone, because it has computer technology in it, NOT because it's a sentient device that does your work for you, your thinking for you, your living for you. But thats what the lazy, inpet dipshits of the world think these phones do.

These phones are just TOOLS to help you do your job BETTER, to think BETTER, to remember BETTER, and to live BETTER. Anybody DEPENDING on these things to make their lives better by just having one, or by osmosis, is just a fuktarded jackass.

If you use technology WISELY, you can go far and let it do most of the hard work. That doesn't mean YOU don't HAVE to work!
People who use technology wisely, end up with better jobs, better homes, better paychecks, and better lives.

Those that expect technology to DO everything FOR them, will never get out of the lazy assed hole they've dug for themselves.

Today's technology is making people stupid. That was a direct quote by a family member and coming from somebody who doesn't even bother having notes of phone numbers anymore or even bothers memorizing them,.. I wholeheartedly agree with him.
Tech changes the way we do things, it doesn't make us any smarter or dumber. One thing it has done is make us way better connected and informed than ever.

No, techonology doesn't make people stupid. People make themselves stupid by becoming lazy and depending on technology to do EVERYTHING for them, instead of using technology as a TOOL to HELP them.

Those that expect technology to DO everything FOR them, will never get out of the lazy assed hole they've dug for themselves.
Absolutely .
Not only has memory suffered but with it the consequent ability to think constructively and critically .
People ( generalisation ) do not think as much and as hard any more.
They want everrything brought to them on a plate and they encourage Fake News because they will not question or think critically.
Let alone DYOR
imho

Forum List

Back