Would you be willing to join/support a party like this?

Would you vote for this party?

• Yes

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • No

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters

CelloX

Rookie
Jun 9, 2016
Principles:
A economically center/left party with Christian values (I think, I am obviously not the most knowledgable person when it comes to political definitions).

Issue stances:
-Against abortion
-Against gay marriage, although willing to aim for a separation of marriage from government control
-Protects/regulates the environment
-Neutral/state law/"do what is best for that specific area" policy on gun rights
-Neutral policy on marijuana, opposes other illegal substances
-Supports the easing of healthcare costs through government intervention
-Rejects attempts to force people to do things against their religion
-Supports reforming the legal immigration system to encourage legal immigration
-Favors a tactically soft approach towards illegal immigration, but is open to deportation of illegals based on criminal activity
-Look for alternate sources of revenue for the government to offset debt

Drop the religious overtones that let people determine what a woman does with her own body or who a person decides to love, and ignore fair treatment for anybody based on some religious belief, and you might have something. You really should do something to reign in the gun nuts too. Giving liberals a pat on the head and continuing most of the same hateful right wing crap won't get you too many followers.

Drop the religious overtones that let people determine what a woman does with her own body or who a person decides to love, and ignore fair treatment for anybody based on some religious belief, and you might have something. You really should do something to reign in the gun nuts too. Giving liberals a pat on the head and continuing most of the same hateful right wing crap won't get you too many followers.

I don't think that its hateful if you believe those things are simply wrong... I mean, if I believe that babies have souls before they are born, would it be hateful to want to ban abortion?

Yeah I don't agree with all the focus on guns that republicans give. The regulation of guns is a noble pursuit, I don't think anyone is saying all guns should be taken away or anything... although there doesn't seem to be much reason for a gun if you can't defend yourself in public. Home defense maybe, but it seems to get reduced to a recreational tool if we get rid of the ability to carry it in public. Not really sure if publically carrying a weapon will really provide many opportunities to use it in self defense compared to opportunities to use it wrongfully, though.

To me, the bible is very clear about helping the poor, protecting the widows, and submitting to the government when it is right to do so. That's why I would choose a left leaning party rather than the Republicans, as long as it had biblical values. Can't really get rid of the religious part... kind of part of the ideals there.

Why vote for a party with no policies?

What do you mean? Should I have put specific plans of action to carry out these ideas? I would appreciate help with understanding what is missing.
It's just very vague/moderate.

They seem firm on gay hatred though. Is it a gay marriage protest party?

I mean, I think that just because you think something is wrong doesn't mean its hatred. Getting rid of government marriage control would allow for marriage to be simply a traditional or/and religious thing, devoid of the passions and conflict that come from declaring gay marriage official.

Why vote for a party with no policies?

What do you mean? Should I have put specific plans of action to carry out these ideas? I would appreciate help with understanding what is missing.
It's just very vague/moderate.

They seem firm on gay hatred though. Is it a gay marriage protest party?

I mean, I think that just because you think something is wrong doesn't mean its hatred. Getting rid of government marriage control would allow for marriage to be simply a traditional or/and religious thing, devoid of the passions and conflict that come from declaring gay marriage official.
ok, so it's the antigay marriage party.

I think marriage was destroyed by feminism., so no I wouldn't vote for your party. Not unless you have some other policies.

I don't think that its hateful if you believe those things are simply wrong... I mean, if I believe that babies have souls before they are born, would it be hateful to want to ban abortion?

Yeah I don't agree with all the focus on guns that republicans give. The regulation of guns is a noble pursuit, I don't think anyone is saying all guns should be taken away or anything... although there doesn't seem to be much reason for a gun if you can't defend yourself in public. Home defense maybe, but it seems to get reduced to a recreational tool if we get rid of the ability to carry it in public. Not really sure if publically carrying a weapon will really provide many opportunities to use it in self defense compared to opportunities to use it wrongfully, though.

To me, the bible is very clear about helping the poor, protecting the widows, and submitting to the government when it is right to do so. That's why I would choose a left leaning party rather than the Republicans, as long as it had biblical values. Can't really get rid of the religious part... kind of part of the ideals there.

The bible only mentions abortion in one place that I know of, and that is giving instructions on how to perform one. It was certainly known and practiced in that time, so why wasn't it mentioned in the new testament? We aren't talking about late term abortion. Most agree that is barbaric and should only be done in an extreme medical necessity.That has also been banned since the 90s.

The bible only mentions abortion in one place that I know of, and that is giving instructions on how to perform one. It was certainly known and practiced in that time, so why wasn't it mentioned in the new testament? We aren't talking about late term abortion. Most agree that is barbaric and should only be done in an extreme medical necessity.That has also been banned since the 90s.

This perplexes me. I don't remember any place in the bible where instructions for abortion are. Can you point them out to me? Tried a quick google search, but didn't see anything about that...

This perplexes me. I don't remember any place in the bible where instructions for abortion are. Can you point them out to me? Tried a quick google search, but didn't see anything about that...

Numbers 5:11-22 NIV

11 Then the Lord said to Moses, 12 “Speak to the Israelites and say to them: ‘If a man’s wife goes astray and is unfaithful to him 13 so that another man has sexual relations with her, and this is hidden from her husband and her impurity is undetected (since there is no witness against her and she has not been caught in the act), 14 and if feelings of jealousy come over her husband and he suspects his wife and she is impure—or if he is jealous and suspects her even though she is not impure— 15 then he is to take his wife to the priest. He must also take an offering of a tenth of an ephah[a] of barley flour on her behalf. He must not pour olive oil on it or put incense on it, because it is a grain offering for jealousy, a reminder-offering to draw attention to wrongdoing.

16 “‘The priest shall bring her and have her stand before the Lord. 17 Then he shall take some holy water in a clay jar and put some dust from the tabernacle floor into the water. 18 After the priest has had the woman stand before the Lord, he shall loosen her hair and place in her hands the reminder-offering, the grain offering for jealousy, while he himself holds the bitter water that brings a curse. 19 Then the priest shall put the woman under oath and say to her, “If no other man has had sexual relations with you and you have not gone astray and become impure while married to your husband, may this bitter water that brings a curse not harm you. 20 But if you have gone astray while married to your husband and you have made yourself impure by having sexual relations with a man other than your husband”— 21 here the priest is to put the woman under this curse—“may the Lord cause you to become a curse among your people when he makes your womb miscarry and your abdomen swell. 22 May this water that brings a curse enter your body so that your abdomen swells or your womb miscarries.”

“‘Then the woman is to say, “Amen. So be it.”

11 Then the Lord said to Moses, 12 “Speak to the Israelites and say to them: ‘If a man’s wife goes astray and is unfaithful to him 13 so that another man has sexual relations with her, and this is hidden from her husband and her impurity is undetected (since there is no witness against her and she has not been caught in the act), 14 and if feelings of jealousy come over her husband and he suspects his wife and she is impure—or if he is jealous and suspects her even though she is not impure— 15 then he is to take his wife to the priest. He must also take an offering of a tenth of an ephah[a] of barley flour on her behalf. He must not pour olive oil on it or put incense on it, because it is a grain offering for jealousy, a reminder-offering to draw attention to wrongdoing.

16 “‘The priest shall bring her and have her stand before the Lord. 17 Then he shall take some holy water in a clay jar and put some dust from the tabernacle floor into the water. 18 After the priest has had the woman stand before the Lord, he shall loosen her hair and place in her hands the reminder-offering, the grain offering for jealousy, while he himself holds the bitter water that brings a curse. 19 Then the priest shall put the woman under oath and say to her, “If no other man has had sexual relations with you and you have not gone astray and become impure while married to your husband, may this bitter water that brings a curse not harm you. 20 But if you have gone astray while married to your husband and you have made yourself impure by having sexual relations with a man other than your husband”— 21 here the priest is to put the woman under this curse—“may the Lord cause you to become a curse among your people when he makes your womb miscarry and your abdomen swell. 22 May this water that brings a curse enter your body so that your abdomen swells or your womb miscarries.”

Well, this seems to be a punishment. It does say this makes it okay for God to abort babies for punishment reasons, but it doesn't necessarily support people doing abortion for selfish reasons.

I don't know, how old would God require a fetus to be before he considers it murder? Does a soul really need to be brain conscious before it becomes a soul? These are tough questions... I really don't know the answer.

Principles:
A economically center/left party with Christian values (I think, I am obviously not the most knowledgable person when it comes to political definitions).

Issue stances:
-Against abortion
-Against gay marriage, although willing to aim for a separation of marriage from government control
-Protects/regulates the environment
-Neutral/state law/"do what is best for that specific area" policy on gun rights
-Neutral policy on marijuana, opposes other illegal substances
-Supports the easing of healthcare costs through government intervention
-Rejects attempts to force people to do things against their religion
-Supports reforming the legal immigration system to encourage legal immigration
-Favors a tactically soft approach towards illegal immigration, but is open to deportation of illegals based on criminal activity
-Look for alternate sources of revenue for the government to offset debt

My modifications.

Abortions left to the States, no punishment for going to another State to get one.
Gay marriage issuance left to the States, but States have to recognize any legal marriage from another State
Way too vague of a statement to respond to.
Nope, 2nd amendment is clear.
Would agree to start with Pot, and see how legalization works with that before trying others.
The current model is working soooooo well, so no.
Within reason, government services, and certain point of sale transactions/time sensitive transactions would be covered by PA laws. anything else, people should have the right to refuse service for whatever reason.
That still won't handle the illegal situation here. Build a wall, enforce and deport, and then figure out how to up the legal #'s
Deport if you find them, deport them all. Children with citizenship can remain as wards of the State until they are 18.
Vague statement, cannot respond.

You called it a center left party. But Christian values make it a right wing party. You've put in too much repression for this to be center left.

Although I realize that what is called center left these days was considered right wing a few years ago before our 24 hour cable news talking heads redefined everything.

I know, if conservatives would just cave to all your dark desires.....

Well, this seems to be a punishment. It does say this makes it okay for God to abort babies for punishment reasons, but it doesn't necessarily support people doing abortion for selfish reasons.

I don't know, how old would God require a fetus to be before he considers it murder? Does a soul really need to be brain conscious before it becomes a soul? These are tough questions... I really don't know the answer.

Try Exodus 21:22

Forum List

Back