US funding Iranian military. $1.7 Billion

Obama is not called Hussein for nothing. We know his heart belongs with Islam.

And that greedy rotten Hillary witch could sell her mother for some bucks.

Outrageous all the same, but nothing surprising here.

According to your article, the money was from the Shah's Trust fund in the USA, plus interest.

That means it was Iranian money, but the article just lied and claimed it was US Taxpayer money.

Hell of a dishonest source you're using. It just burns some people up, that Obama negotiated such a success. Why can't you ODSers be loyal to your country, instead to your party?

According to your article, the money was from the Shah's Trust fund in the USA, plus interest.

That means it was Iranian money, but the article just lied and claimed it was US Taxpayer money.

Hell of a dishonest source you're using. It just burns some people up, that Obama negotiated such a success. Why can't you ODSers be loyal to your country, instead to your party?
Wrong. $1.3 billion was taxpayer money.

U.S. to pay Iran $1.7 billion in legal settlement - CNNPolitics.com

The $1.3 billion "interest payment" was tax payer money

From the CNN link I posted.

"Iran had set up a $400 million trust fund for such purchases, which was frozen along with diplomatic relations in 1979. In settling the claim, which had been tied up at the Hague Tribunal since 1981, the U.S. is returning the money in the fund along with "a roughly $1.3 billion compromise on the interest," the statement said."

Further, from the Wall Street Jornal.

U.S. Payment of $1.7 Billion to Iran Raises Questions of Ransom

"U.S. officials said the $1.7 billion came from a permanent Treasury Department fund established to cover court judgments and settlements.

But some lawmakers also are questioning why the White House didn’t use the $1.7 billion to compensate U.S. terror victims. Iran has lost numerous court cases in the U.S. tied to terror attacks Tehran allegedly supported."

Last edited:
So the interest I get on my money is really the bank's money?

Dang, you conservatives are getting desperate. No, the interest is not taxpayer money, it's interest, so that money belongs to that Iranian account.

There isn't one, not one country to be trusted over there, not even Israel. Talk about a wall? Build a huge wall all around the middle east, then flood it.

So the interest I get on my money is really the bank's money?

Dang, you conservatives are getting desperate. No, the interest is not taxpayer money, it's interest, so that money belongs to that Iranian account.

Only a liberal douche would want to give $1.3 billion tax payers dollars to the Iranian military after the funds were frozen because of terrorism. They are still one of the largest sponsors of terrorism in the world.

The principle should have gone to the families of the victims.

Last edited:
So where are all the libs? We were told this deal is great. Now crickets when exactly what was predicted to happen, has happened.

Forum List

Back