Would someone tell me where we'll get the electricity to charge EV cars/trucks?

No, you just made something up. Nowhere is anyone arguing we will have all these electric buses in any immediate future.
As of June 2022, school districts around the US committed to 12,275 EV school buses across 38 states.

So far 3% of the 480,000 busses are EVs.

KAMALA: "I'm excited about electric school buses! I love electric school buses! I just love them for so many reasons! Maybe because I went to school on a school bus. Raise your hand if you went to school on a school bus!"
OK Kamala... where will the electricity come from to charge the buses?
A) How many active school buses in America?
  • Nationally, 26 million children in the U.S. take 480,000 buses to and from school each day.
  • School buses travel about 12,000 miles per year per bus or almost 6 billion cumulative miles per year.
So how many kWh will be used if all the above buses are EVs at the documented rate per bus of 2.17 kWh/mile.
So 480,000 EV buses traveling 12,000 per bus per year is about 6 billion.
Electricity used by the above buses: 12,499,200,000 kWh.
Add that to electricity usage if just 25% of all Cars/Trucks that will use 3,729,594,048,071 kWh.
This is in ADDITION to the national electricity generate TODAY of 4,165,030,000,000 kWh, the Total electricity generated in USA in 2021 by all the 11,070 total power plants in usa. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)
So if ALL school buses are EVs to the additional electricity needed will be 7,907,123,248,071 or more than 189% more electricity than is being generated today.
Oh by the way who will pay the additional trillions of dollars for new power plants?
View attachment 747329

Liberals are dumb as shit. We cannot simply switch to electric cars without massive expansion of fossil fuels.

They are morons duped by one of the biggest hoaxes ever.

Manmade climate change is bullshit.

What year was the climate “perfect”? Never.

No, you just made something up. Nowhere is anyone arguing we will have all these electric buses in any immediate future.
So now you say immediate future and I agree!
but this vast dumb ass movement to total EVs will cause more blackouts like Calif already warns!

There is no movement to total EV.
What do you call this?
The Federal Government has set a goal to make half of all new vehicles sold in the U.S. in 2030 zero-emissions vehicles, and to build a convenient and equitable network of 500,000 chargers to help make EVs accessible to all Americans for both local and long-distance trips.
Capacity will become a concern in future years as charging infrastructure and EVs become more ubiquitous,” New Mexico said in its plan. Vermont wrote that “Unmanaged or unplanned for EV charging could cause utilities to incur significant costs to maintain grid reliability and create challenges for grid operators” and that some locations “may also necessitate intensive grid upgrades and buildout.”
Now do dummies who haven't figured out that these 500,000 chargers WILL be using electricity from the grid!
Where will the electricity come from if According to US car sales statistics, there are approximately 17 million auto retail sales each year,
9 million per year from now till 2030 is 63 million EVs each EV using .251 kWh per mile.
miles by EV drivers at ave/year/of 14,263 https://www.thezebra.com/resources/driving/average-miles-driven-per-year/
So that is 3,565 kWh per year per EV/ year or for 63 million EVs that is 224 Billion kWh per year.
Total electricity generated in USA in 2021 by all power plants 4,165,030,000,000 kWh.
Electricity generation, capacity, and sales in the United States - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)
See attached:
Screen Shot 2023-01-14 at 9.45.42 PM.png

What do you call this?
The Federal Government has set a goal to make half of all new vehicles sold in the U.S. in 2030 zero-emissions vehicles, and to build a convenient and equitable network of 500,000 chargers to help make EVs accessible to all Americans for both local and long-distance trips.
Capacity will become a concern in future years as charging infrastructure and EVs become more ubiquitous,” New Mexico said in its plan. Vermont wrote that “Unmanaged or unplanned for EV charging could cause utilities to incur significant costs to maintain grid reliability and create challenges for grid operators” and that some locations “may also necessitate intensive grid upgrades and buildout.”
Now do dummies who haven't figured out that these 500,000 chargers WILL be using electricity from the grid!
Where will the electricity come from if According to US car sales statistics, there are approximately 17 million auto retail sales each year,
9 million per year from now till 2030 is 63 million EVs each EV using .251 kWh per mile.
miles by EV drivers at ave/year/of 14,263 https://www.thezebra.com/resources/driving/average-miles-driven-per-year/
So that is 3,565 kWh per year per EV/ year or for 63 million EVs that is 224 Billion kWh per year.
Total electricity generated in USA in 2021 by all power plants 4,165,030,000,000 kWh.
Electricity generation, capacity, and sales in the United States - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)
See attached:View attachment 747703

I think that is you getting all upset over something that is never going to happen. Crap like that is exactly the same as Trump saying he will get Mexico pay for the wall.

A light enough vehicle could easily be recharged at home with solar panels in many, many areas. The problem with much of the thinking today is that one solution is sought for every location and situation. "Diversity" isn't a dirty word.

Making human existence cleaner is enough of a goal. Saving the planet is another concept.

Where will we keep getting this oil we are using? According to the oil companies themselves, we have about 50 years of oil left.

Even the don’t worry about dwindling oil supplies, we have a plan nuts are admitting the time crunch.

Their plan? First convert plastic back to oil. Then get oil from other planets. Yeah. They are planning on interplanetary tankers to bring the oil to us.

Got that fusion propulsion thing figured out yet? Better get busy.

And yes. The oil companies themselves say that 50 years is about all we have left.

Bah. What do they know?

It’s worse than that though. The easy to get to oil has been gotten. That which is left is farther offshore, in deep water, or the difficult to get and hard to refine shale and tar sands oil.

So planning for the future is needed now. Because that oil is going to be needed for other things than powering your F-250 truck to the corner store for a lottery ticket. We need it for plastics, we need it for lubricants, and asphalt.

So you are sort of right. We need more electricity for the future. Georgia is building nuclear power plants. I think everyone should be. But we also need the tech you detest. The solar and wind. We are going to need a lot of power.

But we won’t do it. Not because the Liberals don’t want to. But because you fans of internal combustion are too obstructionist to even think of any future beyond today.

So we will continue down this road. Doing nothing. Then oil and gas will increase in price. You will blame the left. Gas turbine power plants will shut down. And before long we will be looking at coal in desperation.

We aren't doing nothing. We are taking steps in developing alternative sources.

It's free, it comes from those lines on the power poles. You must remember
Democrats are morons incapable of rational thought. :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:
President Joe Biden promotes them, saying things like, “The great American road trip is going to be fully electrified” and, “There’s no turning back.”

To make sure we have no choice in the matter, some left-leaning states have moved to ban gas-powered cars altogether.

California Gov. Gavin Newsom issued an executive order banning them by 2035. Oregon, Massachusetts and New York copied California. Washington state’s politicians said they’d make it happen even faster, by 2030.

Thirty countries also say they’ll phase out gas-powered cars.

But this is just dumb. It will not happen. It’s magical thinking.

In my new video, I point out some “inconvenient” facts about electric cars, simple truths that politicians and green activists just don’t seem to understand.

“Electric cars are amazing,” says physicist Mark Mills of the Manhattan Institute. “But they won’t change the future in any significant way (as far as) oil use or carbon dioxide emissions.”

Inconvenient fact 1: Selling more electric cars won’t reduce oil use very much.

“The world has 15, 18 million electric vehicles now,” says Mills. “If we (somehow) get to 500 million, that would reduce world oil consumption by about 10%. That’s not nothing, but it doesn’t end the use of oil.”

Most of the world’s oil is used by things like “airplanes, buses, big trucks and the mining equipment that gets the copper to build the electric cars.”

Even if all vehicles somehow did switch to electricity, there’s another problem: Electricity isn’t very green.

I laugh talking to friends who are all excited about their electric car, assuming it doesn’t pollute. They go silent when I ask, “Where does your car’s electricity come from?”

They don’t know. They haven’t even thought about it.

I think that is you getting all upset over something that is never going to happen. Crap like that is exactly the same as Trump saying he will get Mexico pay for the wall.
So the following statements are just "crap"???

I want you to look into my eyes, I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels”

"No more drilling," Biden said.
After the protester continued to shout at him, he shot back, sounding even more irritable:
"There is no more drilling. I haven’t formed any new drilling."

Biden: "Number one, no more subsidies for fossil fuel industry.
No more drilling on federal lands.
No more drilling, including offshore.
No ability for the oil industry to continue to drill, period, ends, number one."

So the following statements are just "crap"???

I want you to look into my eyes, I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels”

After the protester continued to shout at him, he shot back, sounding even more irritable:

No ability for the oil industry to continue to drill, period, ends, number one."

Yes.

We aren't doing nothing. We are taking steps in developing alternative sources.
Shoving it down Americans throats is different than taking steps. Lies about climate change and forcing citizens to pay the freight for enriching elites and corrupted people is disgusting.

Shoving it down Americans throats is different than taking steps. Lies about climate change and forcing citizens to pay the freight for enriching elites and corrupted people is disgusting.

Tell us, what has been shoved down your throat? Are you forced to buy an electric car? I'm not. Are you forced to use only solar power? I'm not.

Maybe remove whatever it is that is actually being shoved down your throat if something is there.

Hmmm... Let's see how much you have as possibly a gasoline buyer has had to pay for that "crap"...
Gas prices in September 2019 when Biden told us...

..$2.68 per gallon 6/2019 BUT JUST 32 months later, $5.032 or 87% more in 6/2022
View attachment 747780

I'm not a member of either cult. I understand the reasons for wildly fluctuating prices. The argument was it was because of Biden being president and the war in Ukraine. Biden is still president and the war drags on but prices are way down from their highs.

OPEC called it "irrational exuberance" when it happened under Bush.

I'm not a member of either cult. I understand the reasons for wildly fluctuating prices. The argument was it was because of Biden being president and the war in Ukraine. Biden is still president and the war drags on but prices are way down from their highs.

OPEC called it "irrational exuberance" when it happened under Bush.
The war in Ukraine WAS the Biden's administration excuse.
Why is it so hard to comprehend that when a President of the USA declares that an American Industry will be "rid of" CEOs like this one have an EXCUSE to raise prices! I've been around US presidents since Truman and neither Democrat or GOP would attack an industry that provides over 6,000 products including 2 billion tires a year that use 300 million barrels of oil or asphalt that covers 94% of USA roads that uses 1.5 BILLION barrels of oil a year....Let alone gasoline for us consumers and diesel for supply chain transportation!
And to make such totally truly truly ignorant statements as the below, well in my mind that is treasonous!
Why would any president want to get rid of "fossil fuels" when "fossil fuels" are so integral to our civilization other than he is plain stupid!

U.S. Will Never Build Another Oil Refinery, Chevron CEO Says
My personal view is there will never be another new refinery built” on U.S. soil, said Wirth.
“You’re looking at committing capital 10 years out, that will need decades to offer a return for shareholders, in a policy environment where governments around the world are saying, ‘We don’t want these products.’”
www.theenergymix.com

I want you to look into my eyes, I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels

Forum List

Back