Would someone tell me where we'll get the electricity to charge EV cars/trucks?

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
KAMALA: "I'm excited about electric school buses! I love electric school buses! I just love them for so many reasons! Maybe because I went to school on a school bus. Raise your hand if you went to school on a school bus!"
OK Kamala... where will the electricity come from to charge the buses?
A) How many active school buses in America?
  • Nationally, 26 million children in the U.S. take 480,000 buses to and from school each day.
  • School buses travel about 12,000 miles per year per bus or almost 6 billion cumulative miles per year.
So how many kWh will be used if all the above buses are EVs at the documented rate per bus of 2.17 kWh/mile.
So 480,000 EV buses traveling 12,000 per bus per year is about 6 billion.
Electricity used by the above buses: 12,499,200,000 kWh.
Add that to electricity usage if just 25% of all Cars/Trucks that will use 3,729,594,048,071 kWh.
This is in ADDITION to the national electricity generate TODAY of 4,165,030,000,000 kWh, the Total electricity generated in USA in 2021 by all the 11,070 total power plants in usa. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)
So if ALL school buses are EVs to the additional electricity needed will be 7,907,123,248,071 or more than 189% more electricity than is being generated today.
Oh by the way who will pay the additional trillions of dollars for new power plants?
Screen Shot 2023-01-13 at 4.27.48 PM.png

KAMALA: "I'm excited about electric school buses! I love electric school buses! I just love them for so many reasons! Maybe because I went to school on a school bus. Raise your hand if you went to school on a school bus!"
  • Nationally, 26 million children in the U.S. take 480,000 buses to and from school each day.
  • School buses travel about 12,000 miles per year per bus or almost 6 billion cumulative miles per year.
So how many kWh will be used if all the above buses are EVs at the documented rate per bus of 2.17 kWh/mile.
Add that to electricity usage if just 25% of all Cars/Trucks that will use 3,729,594,048,071 kWh.
This is in ADDITION to the national electricity generate TODAY of 4,165,030,000,000 kWh, the Total electricity generated in USA in 2021 by all the 11,070 total power plants in usa. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)
So if ALL school buses are EVs to the additional electricity needed will be 7,907,123,248,071 or more than 189% more electricity than is being generated today.
Oh by the way who will pay the additional trillions of dollars for new power plants?
View attachment 747329
Dems just assume that one of those nasty old white men that they always complain about will invent something to make it work.

Electric buses aren’t viable. One local school district here looked into it. The batteries can’t heat the bus during winter and also have enough power to even complete one run. Plus the added cost of adding the charging stations. At least in this area, if you are the one requesting additional power output (to charge your buses for example), YOU have to pay for the construction of another substation or whatever it is you need. Residents won’t approve school budgets with a huge tax hike to pay for this.

Who says there are going to be 480,000 electric school buses in anyone's near future?

Who says there are going to be 480,000 electric school buses in anyone's near future?
Well planners generally take the existing numbers i.e. 480,000 buses assuming that schools will be in existence in the near future.
And even if ALL BUSES were EVs that's not the major contributor BUT it still will require billions more MORE of kWh. So how will these
buses get charged if as California is NOW experiencing blackouts and there is NO way the amount of electricity being used that equals what EVs will require.
1) more blackouts... See Calif... California Avoids Blackouts With Bigger Test Ahead as Heat Looms

View attachment 747329
youre a racist,,

Well planners generally take the existing numbers i.e. 480,000 buses assuming that schools will be in existence in the near future.
And even if ALL BUSES were EVs that's not the major contributor BUT it still will require billions more MORE of kWh. So how will these
buses get charged if as California is NOW experiencing blackouts and there is NO way the amount of electricity being used that equals what EVs will require.
1) more blackouts... See Calif... California Avoids Blackouts With Bigger Test Ahead as Heat Looms

You didn't actually answer my question. Who is arguing we will have 480,000 electric buses in anyone's near term future?

You didn't actually answer my question. Who is arguing we will have 480,000 electric buses in anyone's near term future?
Who told the Prog to convert our grid in a dangerous way and interfere with the people in this nation with stupidity green agendas that is going to low up in their faces. When the electricity goes out in weather or disaster or mother nature situations there is going to bedlam.

The irony of an electric school bus ferrying kids to class , with a 'save the planet' curriculum that can't possibly do the math.......

:icon_rolleyes: ~S~

we have EV charging outlets all over that are solar powered & UCONN uses buses that run on spent veggie oil.

View attachment 747329

We won't....that is the plan.....limiting access to energy forces the serfs to change their lifestyles to a lifestyle allowed by their leftist over lords.....and it forces them to have fewer children since the leftist overlords think there are too many people on the planet...and by people, they don't mean themselves...they mean you and your family.

I did but you didn’t understand so I’ll repeat. “Well planners generally take the existing numbers i.e. 480,000 buses assuming that schools will be in existence in the near future.”

I did but you didn’t understand so I’ll repeat. “Well planners generally take the existing numbers i.e. 480,000 buses assuming that schools will be in existence in the near future.”

No, you just made something up. Nowhere is anyone arguing we will have all these electric buses in any immediate future.

Forum List

Back