Wonderful, The Saudis armed ISIS.

Sallow

The Big Bad Wolf.
Oct 4, 2010
New York City
:evil: Like there was ever a doubt? :mad:

'Thank God for the Saudis': ISIS, Iraq, and the Lessons of Blowback

U.S lawmakers encouraged officials in Riyadh to arm Syrian rebels. Now that strategy may have created a monster in the Middle East.

“Thank God for the Saudis and Prince Bandar,” John McCain told CNN’s Candy Crowley in January 2014. “Thank God for the Saudis and Prince Bandar, and for our Qatari friends,” the senator said once again a month later, at the Munich Security Conference.

McCain was praising Prince Bandar bin Sultan, then the head of Saudi Arabia’s intelligence services and a former ambassador to the United States, for supporting forces fighting Bashar al-Assad’s regime in Syria. McCain and Senator Lindsey Graham had previously met with Bandar to encourage the Saudis to arm Syrian rebel forces.

But shortly after McCain’s Munich comments, Saudi Arabia’s King Abdullah relieved Bandar of his Syrian covert-action portfolio, which was then transferred to Saudi Interior Minister Prince Mohammed bin Nayef. By mid-April, just two weeks after President Obama met with King Abdullah on March 28, Bandar had also been removed from his position as head of Saudi intelligence—according to official government statements, at “his own request.” Sources close to the royal court told me that, in fact, the king fired Bandar over his handling of the kingdom’s Syria policy and other simmering tensions, after initially refusing to accept Bandar’s offers to resign.
'Thank God for the Saudis': ISIS, Iraq, and the Lessons of Blowback - Steve Clemons - The Atlantic

Brought to you by the same people that did 9/11..

:doubt:

:evil: Like there was ever a doubt? :mad:

'Thank God for the Saudis': ISIS, Iraq, and the Lessons of Blowback

U.S lawmakers encouraged officials in Riyadh to arm Syrian rebels. Now that strategy may have created a monster in the Middle East.

“Thank God for the Saudis and Prince Bandar,” John McCain told CNN’s Candy Crowley in January 2014. “Thank God for the Saudis and Prince Bandar, and for our Qatari friends,” the senator said once again a month later, at the Munich Security Conference.

McCain was praising Prince Bandar bin Sultan, then the head of Saudi Arabia’s intelligence services and a former ambassador to the United States, for supporting forces fighting Bashar al-Assad’s regime in Syria. McCain and Senator Lindsey Graham had previously met with Bandar to encourage the Saudis to arm Syrian rebel forces.

But shortly after McCain’s Munich comments, Saudi Arabia’s King Abdullah relieved Bandar of his Syrian covert-action portfolio, which was then transferred to Saudi Interior Minister Prince Mohammed bin Nayef. By mid-April, just two weeks after President Obama met with King Abdullah on March 28, Bandar had also been removed from his position as head of Saudi intelligence—according to official government statements, at “his own request.” Sources close to the royal court told me that, in fact, the king fired Bandar over his handling of the kingdom’s Syria policy and other simmering tensions, after initially refusing to accept Bandar’s offers to resign.
'Thank God for the Saudis': ISIS, Iraq, and the Lessons of Blowback - Steve Clemons - The Atlantic

Brought to you by the same people that did 9/11..

:doubt:

I have mentioned the alleged funding by Saudis a few times, we will see if the allegations are true. There is little dispute the groups that became ISIS began operations long before 2009.

Last edited:
Obama gets no blame for the clusterfuck in the mid east. He knows nothing about it. He read it in the papers like the rest of us. He's simply too enlightened for mere mortals to understand.

01125107.Par_.23238.ImageFile.jpg

Interesting. Obama as President set Foreign policy not Senator McCain. Kerry carries it out. Yet here we have the left blaming McCain for a policy established and promoted by the White House. Talk about stupid.

Obama gets no blame for the clusterfuck in the mid east. He knows nothing about it. He read it in the papers like the rest of us. He's simply too enlightened for mere mortals to understand.

01125107.Par_.23238.ImageFile.jpg

Yeah, he doesn't.

Nothing about any of Obama's foreign policy has contributed to what is going on in the middle east.

This was all foretold.

Now? It's happening.

Interesting. Obama as President set Foreign policy not Senator McCain. Kerry carries it out. Yet here we have the left blaming McCain for a policy established and promoted by the White House. Talk about stupid.

Stupid was supporting the invasion of Iraq given the geo-political conditions of the region.

THAT was extremely stupid.

I do and?

What's he suppose to do?

Kick his ass?
Kiss is spelled with two ss's not a ck. aside from that just blame bush and dick who invented warfare.

I don't know how you think heads of state should be treated.

In any case? "Bush and Dick" invaded Iraq.

There has never been a national reckoning for that.

By the way? That's what the Saudis wanted us to do.

I do and?

What's he suppose to do?

Kick his ass?
Kiss is spelled with two ss's not a ck. aside from that just blame bush and dick who invented warfare.

I don't know how you think heads of state should be treated.

In any case? "Bush and Dick" invaded Iraq.

There has never been a national reckoning for that.

By the way? That's what the Saudis wanted us to do.

And why not. 9/11 was a Saudi gold mine. Their money and mostly their people. Anything the Saudis can do to drive the cost of a barrel of oil higher benefits who the most? The Saudis.

They can finance war. Send terrorists to wage war and we (the USA) will defend them to our deaths if any one fucks with them. And we won't say a word to them.

WTF have the Saudis got on us that they can do this shit? Beside having a lot of oil that is.

Talk about being late to the party. We have been warning you guys about this for months. We have been warning you guys about supporting radical islamists against Assad(supposedly the new hitler that carried out so called chemical attacks which were never proven). But no, you guys insisted on supporting "democracy" in Syria all the while ignoring that the weapons we were supplying were going to radicals, and we were helping the Saudis do the same.

Now in Iraq, you reap what you sow liberals and neo-cons.

Last edited:
Sallow never gives you the truth.. Let's see what John Effing Kerry while in Egypt to the Muslim Brotherhood/ISIS:

“We do not share the view of the Egyptian government about links between the Muslim Brothers and terrorist groups like ISIS [the Islamic State in Syria and Iraq]. [Egyptian leaders] need to include, and find ways to reach out to, the Muslim Brothers. … With regard to the challenge that the Muslim Brothers pose, I would characterize it more as a political challenge than a security challenge.”
Read more at In Egypt, Kerry has sympathetic words for Muslim Brotherhood. Whose side is he on? | Allen B. West - AllenBWest.com

Well well well.. Looky looky what we have here..

Talk about being late to the party. We have been warning you guys about this for months. We have been warning you guys about supporting radical islamists against Assad(supposedly the new hitler that carried out so called chemical attacks which were never proven). But no, you guys insisted on supporting "democracy" in Syria all the while ignoring that the weapons we were supplying were going to radicals, and we were helping the Saudis do the same.

A guy who just signed up here claims he's been warning us for months.

Let's acknowledge that on the right - and thus on this board - there are 3 groups,

1. the neocon types who wanted to arm the Syrian rebels as well as intervene anywhere and everywhere else in the ME.

2. the Rand Cheney-is-a-fucking-idiot Paul types, who want us to stay out of the ME, and

3. The Obama Derangers, who just want to opportunistically blame the President no matter which way he goes.

A guy who just signed up here claims he's been warning us for months.

This has nothing to do with this "forum". This has to do with those of us who have been warning about blowback from the Syria intervention and those of you who supported the intervention or were apathetic about it.

Now I sit back and laugh at your ignorance and stupidity.

If you expect us to take sides in a Sunni-Shia religious war, your first job is to convince us who the good guys are.

You guys took the sunnis side by arming ISIS in Syria and now in pressuring Maliki to negotiate with the rebels and dissolve his cabinet, but be careful about the flees you get from lying with these sunni terrorist dogs.

Forum List

Back