Will liberal Jews still support Obama if he allows The U.N. to declare "Palestinian Statehood

Obama's U.N. ambassador once recommend troops U.N. troops in Israel

What we don't need is some kind of early warning mechanism there, what we need is a willingness to put something on the line in helping the situation. Putting something on the line might mean alienating a domestic constituency of tremendous political and financial import; it may more crucially mean sacrificing — or investing, I think, more than sacrificing — billions of dollars, not in servicing Israel's military, but actually investing in the new state of Palestine, in investing the billions of dollars it would probably take, also, to support what will have to be a mammoth protection force, not of the old Rwanda kind, but a meaningful military presence. Because it seems to me at this stage (and this is true of actual genocides as well, and not just major human rights abuses, which were seen there), you have to go in as if you're serious, you have to put something on the line.
Unfortunately, imposition of a solution on unwilling parties is dreadful. It's a terrible thing to do, it's fundamentally undemocratic. But, sadly, we don't just have a democracy here either, we have a liberal democracy. There are certain sets of principles that guide our policy, or that are meant to, anyway. It's essential that some set of principles becomes the benchmark, rather than a deference to [leaders] who are fundamentally politically destined to destroy the lives of their own people. And by that I mean what Tom Freidman has called "Sharafat." I do think in that sense, both political leaders have been dreadfully irresponsible. And, unfortunately, it does require external intervention."

Anyone would think apartheid was an American value.

You seem to think the mindless parroting of idiotic buzz terms designed for the consumption of morons is a good substitute for knowledge.
Well you had apartheid for the majority of your nation's existance and only gave it up formally within our lifetimes, after civil resistance and struggle. I can see how you empathise with it.

Anti-Semantic? Well of course you have to deny apartheid in the Occupied Territories, otherwise the narrative of Israel you've constructed comes crashing down. Everyone else has taken off the green eyeshades and sees the Emerald City for what it is.

WHAT ARE APARTHEID ROADS?

http://www.ochaopt.org~.pdf

‘A network of roads that are primarily
for Israeli use and which connect
Israeli settlements and other infrastructure
to each other and to Israel. Palestinian
vehicular access into these roads is either
restricted or prevented and ultimately diverted.
Consequently, these roads have become
barriers.’

Source: U.N. Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian
Affairs CAP 2008

Anti-Semantic? Well of course you have to deny apartheid in the Occupied Territories, otherwise the narrative of Israel you've constructed comes crashing down. Everyone else has taken off the green eyeshades and sees the Emerald City for what it is.

WHAT ARE APARTHEID ROADS?

http://www.ochaopt.org~.pdf

‘A network of roads that are primarily
for Israeli use and which connect
Israeli settlements and other infrastructure
to each other and to Israel. Palestinian
vehicular access into these roads is either
restricted or prevented and ultimately diverted.
Consequently, these roads have become
barriers.’

Source: U.N. Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian
Affairs CAP 2008
These are roads owned by Israel and built by Israel and considered a private property of Israel allowing only Israelis to use, the definition of 'apartheid' falls way behind, and even in the small article you've posted it says 'primarily' - where is the word apartheid mentioned again?

The word apartheid is rather ignorant. Do the results of the latest election indicate that to you?

"A record 28 female MKs were slated to enter the Knesset, up slightly from 27 in the 19th Knesset and 21 in the 18th Knesset.

There was also a large increase in number of Arab MKs, 17, up from 12 after the previous elections."

I think it's completely appropriate to the Zionist Regime. Just because they let SOME Arabs vote and have largely meaningless seats on the Knesset, doesn't take away from the fact that Arabs are second class citizens in their own country.

Just like Blacks were in South Africa.

These are roads owned by Israel and built by Israel and considered a private property of Israel allowing only Israelis to use, the definition of 'apartheid' falls way behind, and even in the small article you've posted it says 'primarily' - where is the word apartheid mentioned again?

Isn't that kind of like saying that since White people paid for the buses and water fountains in the South, Jim Crow laws were perfectly acceptable.

Thank you for admitting that the Zionist Entity is an apartheid state.

I was unaware that liberal Jews, or in this case American Jews, supported Israel at all.

The real problem is, for most sensible American Jews, Israel has become the crazy relative who shouts about Hitler to your goyim Friends at your Bat-Mitzvah.

"Uncle Moshe, you are embarrassing me in front of my FRIENDS!!!"

Israel is built on a foundational lie. - "A land without a people for a people without a land". But there were people living there, and they want that land back. Not just the shitty parts you are willing to give them, either.

We may find out as Obama "explores other options" on the "two state solution"....

"We take him at his word when he said that it wouldn't happen during his prime ministership, and so that's why we've got to evaluate what other options are available to make sure that we don't see a chaotic situation in the region," the president said in an interview with The Huffington Post on Friday

Though he pledged to keep working with the Israeli government on military and intelligence operations, Obama declined to say whether the United States would continue to block Palestinian efforts to secure statehood through the United Nations. In a phone conversation the two had on Thursday, he said he indicated to Netanyahu that "it is going to be hard to find a path where people are seriously believing that negotiations are possible."

Obama Details His Disappointment With Netanyahu In First Post-Election Comments
Liberal Jews want a 2 state solution.

The word apartheid is rather ignorant. Do the results of the latest election indicate that to you?

"A record 28 female MKs were slated to enter the Knesset, up slightly from 27 in the 19th Knesset and 21 in the 18th Knesset.

There was also a large increase in number of Arab MKs, 17, up from 12 after the previous elections."

I think it's completely appropriate to the Zionist Regime. Just because they let SOME Arabs vote and have largely meaningless seats on the Knesset, doesn't take away from the fact that Arabs are second class citizens in their own country.

Just like Blacks were in South Africa.
Remind me what Israeli Arabs cannot do.
Oh yeah, nothing.
Next. You're the biggest bigot on this site, Joe.

Isn't that kind of like saying that since White people paid for the buses and water fountains in the South, Jim Crow laws were perfectly acceptable.

The dry cleaners called. Your brown shirt is ready to be picked up, Joe.

Hillary will do better with Women and Hebrews than President Obama did...
Not if the Democrats push Israel out of the American Camp before the 2016 general election.

Will never happen.
With any luck, you are correct, but the very fact that such possibilities are being bantered-about, is cause for concern, given how much damage Obumble is doing to the Democratic brand, amongst friends of Israel.

No, its not even close, in fact apartheid relates to discrimination of within the same society, when Palestinians are not allowed to enter Israel because they are enemies the same goes for North Koreans, pardon me but I don't think you know what apartheid means, care to explain us instead of pulling comparisons?

Will liberal Jews still support Obama if he allows The U.N. to declare "Palestinian Statehood

A good number of Jews voted for Hitler - just sayin

Forum List

Back