Wikileaks: The Democrats feared Rand Paul as the nominee...?

aaronleland

Diamond Member
May 19, 2012
Leaked Emails Show Democrats Feared Rand Paul as GOP Nominee

The memo divided the GOP field into two groups. One was the “Pied Pipers” which were candidates that would only appeal to a certain set of voters. The Clinton strategy was to push the more established candidates to the right in order to make them the leaders.

These candidates included Ted Cruz, Donald Trump, and Ben Carson.

Their second goal was to undermine the candidates who would try and focus on “building a winning general election coalition.” These candidates included Jeb Bush, Scott Walker, Chris Christie, and Marco Rubio. But perhaps the candidate that scared the Clinton campaign the most was Rand Paul.

“What to undermine: the idea he is a “different” kind of Republican; his stance on the military and his appeal to millennials and communities of color,” the memo stated.

If true they sought to undermine the candidates they thought could actually build a winning coalition. In particular focusing on Rand Paul. Well, Trump supporters, don't say I didn't tell ya' so. :dunno:

What we discovered through The Donald exposing them, a "winning coalition" with establishment republicans is a loss for the American people. Besides, the MSM would have tied him to Ron Paul and would falsely claim he was racist, 24/7.

Leaked Emails Show Democrats Feared Rand Paul as GOP Nominee

The memo divided the GOP field into two groups. One was the “Pied Pipers” which were candidates that would only appeal to a certain set of voters. The Clinton strategy was to push the more established candidates to the right in order to make them the leaders.

These candidates included Ted Cruz, Donald Trump, and Ben Carson.

Their second goal was to undermine the candidates who would try and focus on “building a winning general election coalition.” These candidates included Jeb Bush, Scott Walker, Chris Christie, and Marco Rubio. But perhaps the candidate that scared the Clinton campaign the most was Rand Paul.

“What to undermine: the idea he is a “different” kind of Republican; his stance on the military and his appeal to millennials and communities of color,” the memo stated.

If true they sought to undermine the candidates they thought could actually build a winning coalition. In particular focusing on Rand Paul. Well, Trump supporters, don't say I didn't tell ya' so. :dunno:

They feared Rand Paul as the nominee? That's because they would have liked RuPaul as the nominee instead.

What we discovered through The Donald exposing them, a "winning coalition" with establishment republicans is a loss for the American people. Besides, the MSM would have tied him to Ron Paul and would falsely claim he was racist, 24/7.

Rand Paul's minority outreach was widely publicized during the primaries. The racist angle wouldn't have stuck.

And it sounds like what you call a winning coalition are those candidates who actually appeal to anyone outside of the fringe right.

And all she needed was some help from her friends, in the media.

I learned to vote for the person the media hates during the Reagan years. The blind hate and blatant lies they told about him were obvious to a teenager.

I learned to vote for the person the media hates during the Reagan years. The blind hate and blatant lies they told about him were obvious to a teenager.

I said something similar just today in a thread a Trump supporter posted saying that the election was rigged by the media. I said that if they rigged it in any way it was by giving millions in free air time to the one person Hillary could lose to.

I said something similar just today in a thread a Trump supporter posted saying that the election was rigged by the media. I said that if they rigged it in any way it was by giving millions in free air time to the one person Hillary could lose to.
the election isn't rigged, the dnc nomination, clearly is, but not the election.

what's rigged is the wide open and blatant support of hillary

wiki drops the email bomb, but what trump said is headline news.

what trump said is more important that hillary and her people did.

the election isn't rigged, the dnc nomination, clearly is, but not the election.

what's rigged is the wide open and blatant support of hillary

wiki drops the email bomb, but what trump said is headline news.

what trump said is more important that hillary and her people did.

The news media goes where the ratings are. What have the email leaks revealed? That Hillary is a crooked politician? No shit. People may have been shocked if the same info were released 20 years ago. Meanwhile we have Trump going on daily Twitter rants, accusing Hillary of being on drugs, attacking his own party, bragging about groping women, saying the elections are rigged...

It open the door for Rand Paul to run in 2020 and point to the fact that Clinton feared running against him. The next four years Rand Paul need to reshape the GOP and take control of the leadership of the political party and then make his run at Clinton in 2020...

Of all the Candidates that ran on the GOP Rand Paul was the only true fiscal conservative in my opinion and would have been a fine President!

Forum List

Back