Zone1 Why the rosary is a most important prayer/meditation all Christians should say daily

I assume you memorized the Rosary many years ago. What further guidance can it provide you?
Did we memorize math tables, spellings and definitions of words, where we and our friends and family live? Haven't we memorized these things because we use them in different ways and knowing/memorizing them have been helpful and useful throughout our lives? Many times what we have memorized provides a step or a leap to what is new, different, and even innovative.

Think of all the times you have used your debit card, credit card, or cash to purchase something. These methods of payment do not take you to the same place and the same purchase over and over again. Neither does the Rosary. Most of my childhood we said the Rosary as a family. Sometimes that proved hilarious and continue on as some of my favorite memories. (You had to be there.)

Are you aware that not all believe as you do? Many believe that when death occurs, the spirit returns to God, who is God of both the living and those who have passed on. Jesus told his Apostles he goes to prepare a place for them. Do you imagine Jesus is making up beds? ;)
The difference is, what I say is rooted deeply in Scripture. You, as Peter said, "twist the Scriptures to your own destruction

I've come out of Babylon many decades ago. You would be wise to do so too

I'm just wondering what your god gets out of it.
Think about family and friends whom you love and who love you. If you have children, you might especially be able to relate to this. What do you get and what to you give when doing things together? God loves us. Sure, he could do things on his own, but how much better to involve those he loves.

Suppose, however, that while reciting the Rosary, all you can think about is what you want god to do for you?
God listens. Sometimes we just need to talk. Prayer is never the same, never formula. We bring whatever it is we have to bring.
If half the believers on Earth rejected god, would he be harmed?
Harmed? No. God's nature is immutable. Think of all the love people have to give. No one is harmed when only half of those we love ignore us, love just is--despite of what is given in return.

Are you suggesting that god needed the boys lunch to feed everyone else? If he could stretch a PBJ to feed a hundred people - an act requiring he violate the laws of nature - he never needed the PBJ in the first place. What was accomplished by this scenario? The boy will not be able to repeat the feat. Did god do that to impress people?
The lesson isn't about what God can do. The lesson involves what God can do with the little we give. Let's return to love and doing things together. What builds a better relationship: A parent building a tree house for his kids while they are asleep or out of the way? Or a family building that tree house together? Probably every parent wrestles with this from time-to-time: Involve the children or get it done better and faster when the children are asleep or playing somewhere else.

What do you have to give god that he wants or needs?
It's more a matter of appreciating the love that God has for us, and recognizing he treasures the relationships that can be built with all of us.

It's more a matter of appreciating the love that God has for us, and recognizing he treasures the relationships that can be built with all of us.
At Catholic Mass we get the explanation

For, although you have no need of our praise,
yet our thanksgiving is itself your gift,
since our praises add nothing to your greatness
but profit us for salvation
through Christ our Lord.

The difference is, what I say is rooted deeply in Scripture. You, as Peter said, "twist the Scriptures to your own destruction
Some consider all of scripture. The Transfiguration is one example: Jesus did not meet with a sleeping Elijah and Moses. Jesus did not go to the dead after the crucifixion to talk to those who were asleep. Are you saying Peter claimed that upon his death, Jesus merely slept for a few days? Keep in mind all throughout the Bible, scripture uses metaphors, similes, and picturesque language.

No one is twisting scripture. Most strive to understand scripture for enlightenment. Not every word is meant to be taken literally. I have no problem that some believe scripture is saying that upon death their spirits go into a deep sleep. And I have no problem with some believing it is like the body is in a deep sleep in the earth, but the spirit, alive and well, returns to God. Scripture notes that, too.

At Catholic Mass we get the explanation

For, although you have no need of our praise,
yet our thanksgiving is itself your gift,
since our praises add nothing to your greatness
but profit us for salvation
through Christ our Lord.
Absolutely. Perfect.

Where does god or jesus tell us to study the Bible as it postdates Jesus by several centuries and your god hasn't spoken a great deal since his son passed through. The Bible tells you to study the Bible
The Bible is a compilation of the writings of Christ's disciples. The Bible is used for:
2 Timothy 3:16-17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.
It is how God speaks to us. He used to speak to us through His prophets, but we killed most of them. Look what we did to His Son. The only human thing in Heaven are scars.
Okay ,this whole thing is false off the bat.
There are Anglican Rosaries.
Methodists include great champions of the Rosary The late J. Neville Ward was an English Methodist and it was his FIve for Joy that got me enthusiastic about the Rosary

Plus it is gross ignorance or a pure lie to deny the popularity of the Scriptural Rosary forALL CHRISTIANS

Scripture Alone Rosary: A Prayer in Common for All Christians

by Andrew Schmiedicke | Oct 13, 2022
Being born and raised in the Methodist church, I never saw one member in my church with a rosary. Not many, if any, of today's Methodists champion rosaries. It isn't ignorance but fact that there is no popularity for a rosary in Protestant churches. If one is used it is an exception, not the norm. Same with Baptist churches, Presbyterians, Church of Christ. None promote the rosary or praying in rote.

Bible translations prove problematic because there may not be a word in the language being translated to that closely resembles the word used in Hebrew or ancient Greek. That is why Koine was an excellent choice to translate the Hebrew and Aramaic text.
For instance, the word love. We say love, e.g. I love God. I love my husband. I love my friends. I love sex. The Greeks distinguish the type of love involved. Sexual love is eros. brotherly love is philia, the love of God is Agape.
Most translators went to great lengths to stay as closely as they could to the original. The particular theme of the scripture is rarely altered. If you are reading a Bible that says bongs for Jesus, pitch it and go get one of the more scrutinized, traditional ones.

The lesson isn't about what God can do. The lesson involves what God can do with the little we give. Let's return to love and doing things together. What builds a better relationship: A parent building a tree house for his kids while they are asleep or out of the way? Or a family building that tree house together? Probably every parent wrestles with this from time-to-time: Involve the children or get it done better and faster when the children are asleep or playing somewhere else.
God doesnt need our love or anything from us; He is God and self sustaining. ALL our works are as filthy rags to Him.

it is amazing isn't it? How they are blinded by satan? several posts recently I showed a side by side of several important bible topis rcc catechiam vs kjv- and its PLAIN to see how the rcc is total opposite!

Bible translations prove problematic because there may not be a word in the language being translated to that closely resembles the word used in Hebrew or ancient Greek. That is why Koine was an excellent choice to translate the Hebrew and Aramaic text.
For instance, the word love. We say love, e.g. I love God. I love my husband. I love my friends. I love sex. The Greeks distinguish the type of love involved. Sexual love is eros. brotherly love is philia, the love of God is Agape.
Most translators went to great lengths to stay as closely as they could to the original. The particular theme of the scripture is rarely altered. If you are reading a Bible that says bongs for Jesus, pitch it and go get one of the more scrutinized, traditional ones.
kjv is most accurate. I recommend "born again barbarian" on youtube Irish Ram.

God doesnt need our love or anything from us; He is God and self sustaining. ALL our works are as filthy rags to Him.
As the King James English has struck again, let's take a look at the a closer Hebrew rendition:

And we all have become like one unclean, and like a discarded garment are all our righteous deeds

The discarded garment is a menstrual cloth, clean when it is first put on, and then discarded. In other words, the people have discarded righteous deeds as they would a menstrual cloth. One Jewish commentary adds that one way to discard doing what is right is by doing what is right for one's own gain or for attention. Another way is to call what is evil to God (abortion always a good example) and claim that it is right. (What is right in our eyes, is an abomination to God.)

In other words, have we discarded doing all that is right as we would discard a used menstrual cloth?

The Catholic Church has existed from the time of the Resurrection. No other purported "church" has. Protestants nver want to study history. Well, it makes u look incredibly ignorant when you don't know history of the Church.

As one convert to the CC once said "To be deep into history is to cease being Protestant"

+

Jerusalem was the first center of the Christian Church according to the Book of Acts.
The Catholic Church has existed from the time of the Resurrection. No other purported "church" has. Protestants nver want to study history. Well, it makes u look incredibly ignorant when you don't know history of the Church.

As one convert to the CC once said "To be deep into history is to cease being Protestant"

+

The first church was started by the disciples in Jerusalem and was run by Christ's brother James until he was murdered. There were approximately 120 members. Paul and Barnabas taught at the church at Antioch for a year before Paul left to start other churches. < The ones Jesus refers to while talking to John.
Acts 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Once again, just like the churches Jesus spoke of in Rev., the church in Rome isn't even mentioned.

Last edited:
Once again, just like the churches Jesus spoke of in Rev., the church in Rome isn't even mentioned.
Something had to be happening in Rome...Paul did write his longest letter to the Romans, whether or not the church is Rome is mentioned in Revelation. Christian/Jews were being driven out of Rome by the year 49; Paul wrote his letter to them about 56. Revelation was written about twenty-five years later.

Something had to be happening in Rome...Paul did write his longest letter to the Romans, whether or not the church is Rome is mentioned in Revelation. Christian/Jews were being driven out of Rome by the year 49; Paul wrote his letter to them about 56. Revelation was written about twenty-five years later.
St Peter was martyred in Rome

His bones are literally under the Cathedral there.

Forum List

Back