Why the GOP Establishment Should Grab For Trump Like A Life-Preserver.

Silhouette

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2013
I say if you have to, nominate Trump. It's a win-win for the GOP...stay with me...

If the establishment guys were smart and started talking like "we have changed our minds about Trump...he's our kind of guy"... get some shots of him chumming with establishment types...wrap their loving arms around Trump...

If it "backfires" and Trump gets the nomination, back him anyway and get the consolation prize: having to deal with his unstable personality for four years; but at least the GOP brand is intact, marred, but intact. The worst possible thing on earth the GOP could do is squeeze Trump out of the nomination by a good old boy pick at their convention. The GOP would be amputating what's left of their base with only a few far right dingleberries clinging on for dear life.

If embracing Trump now works and it drives his support away...they'll need someone else to pick up those people. Someone who still represents an outsider's perspective but is still truly conservative at the end of the day. Someone also willing to fight with the GOP for real. Don't bother in this regard with cardboard cutout replicas. The people will know the real thing from the fake. The days of pulling the wool over voters eyes are long long LONGGGGG behind the Rove-machine. Welcome to the internet and the world library at people's fingertips..

C'mon Lindsey Graham, Carl Rove, Mitt Romney...Trump group hug? Either way you save the republican party. One way just takes longer. :eusa_think:

Save the Repub party. Why?
Because a one party system is tyrannical rule. You may have no idea why conservative values are important to you. In fact you may have a shrine in your house with a picture of conservative values with a stake going through its heart...

But I assure you that the minute all conservative values were evaporated from the earth, you would miss them quite dearly.

Why fight with the Donald? Embrace him. If he wants to run as a republican, then let the establishment republicans gather around and endorse him. His supporters will impressed..

All the enthusiasm is with Trump. He is about 24 hours from sweeping Super Tuesday, North, South, East and West.

All the enthusiasm is with Trump. He is about 24 hours from sweeping Super Tuesday, North, South, East and West.
So the GOP establishment should embrace him, right? What's in a name anyway? They should claim him as "their success"....

...you follow?...

So the GOP establishment should embrace him, right? What's in a name anyway? They should claim him as "their success"....

...you follow?...

Yes! The GOP said we had to support Romney in 2012 when he started winning a few primaries. They said that long drawn out primaries hurt our chances of winning the General Election. Shouldn't we follow that advice in 2016?

Yes! The GOP said we had to support Romney in 2012 when he started winning a few primaries. They said that long drawn out primaries hurt our chances of winning the General Election. Shouldn't we follow that advice in 2016?

You're being sarcastic, right? Romney lost, remember?

Nope. The GOP claimed he was the greatest candidate ever...it was getting beat up in a long drawn out primary that sunk his chances in the General Election. In fact, in 2014, the RNC adopted rules to shorten the primary season specifically to keep it from happening again.

Nope. The GOP claimed he was the greatest candidate ever...it was getting beat up in a long drawn out primary that sunk his chances in the General Election. In fact, in 2014, the RNC adopted rules to shorten the primary season specifically to keep it from happening again.
No, his personality sunk his race. Everyone with eyes that could see knew Romney was just an empty suit with "fill Cheney's continuing agenda here' monogrammed across his lapels..

No, his personality sunk his race. Everyone with eyes that could see knew Romney was just an empty suit with "fill Cheney's continuing agenda here' monogrammed across his lapels..

Lesson learned GOP. If the boring guy couldn't do it in 2012 then nominate the Richie Rich/Jersey shore mashup.

Lesson learned GOP. If the boring guy couldn't do it in 2012 then nominate the Richie Rich/Jersey shore mashup.

Don't you mean the boring Richie Rich/Massachusetts guy couldn't do it.

If that somehow makes a difference.

TRUMP in a HYYUUUJJJJJJJ Landslide.

Hillary goes to prison.

Obama gets tried for treason.

And the GOP Establishment gets purged of its gangrenous Open Borders pukes.

I say if you have to, nominate Trump. It's a win-win for the GOP...stay with me...

If the establishment guys were smart and started talking like "we have changed our minds about Trump...he's our kind of guy"... get some shots of him chumming with establishment types...wrap their loving arms around Trump...

If it "backfires" and Trump gets the nomination, back him anyway and get the consolation prize: having to deal with his unstable personality for four years; but at least the GOP brand is intact, marred, but intact. The worst possible thing on earth the GOP could do is squeeze Trump out of the nomination by a good old boy pick at their convention. The GOP would be amputating what's left of their base with only a few far right dingleberries clinging on for dear life.

If embracing Trump now works and it drives his support away...they'll need someone else to pick up those people. Someone who still represents an outsider's perspective but is still truly conservative at the end of the day. Someone also willing to fight with the GOP for real. Don't bother in this regard with cardboard cutout replicas. The people will know the real thing from the fake. The days of pulling the wool over voters eyes are long long LONGGGGG behind the Rove-machine. Welcome to the internet and the world library at people's fingertips..

C'mon Lindsey Graham, Carl Rove, Mitt Romney...Trump group hug? Either way you save the republican party. One way just takes longer. :eusa_think:

"The conservative movement in this country is at stake, and the only way to save it is for Hillary Clinton to defeat Donald Trump." A great article for everyone to read.
I’ll Take Hillary Clinton Over Donald Trump

Right now, 30% of the Republican party will not cast a vote for Donald Trump, and they're getting very vocal about it on Republican social media threads. They will not vote for a Democrat--or someone who does not represent a smaller, more efficient government.

Trump really should be running on the Democrat ticket against Hillary Clinton. He doesn't belong anywhere on the Republican platform. He has supported many liberal democrat policies in the past, like Obama's 878 billion dollar economic stimulus bill. This when only one Republican in the entire congress voted for it, and he promptly lost his seat thereafter.
That Time Donald Trump Praised The Stimulus Package On Fox News

Those that support Donald Trump think they have some type of John Wayne figure, but who they really have is Colonel Custer and they're part of the 7th Calvary.

Republicans who have been involved in politics more than 10 years, know who Donald Trump is. They are not fascinated with his platitude speech's, his arrogance, or his offensive remarks. They know exactly who Donald Trump is. They don't trust him to do what he says, and they are adamantly opposed to him being the nominee. So they'll either sit out the election, vote a write in, or will vote for Hillary Clinton.
Column: Trump exploits rational political ignorance

The Republican party has shattered into pieces, there is no Unity among them. This makes for a very BLUE election night.

Hillary Clinton will be the next POTUS

Clinton1web_2831249b.jpg

And it's the Tea Party's fault. It's Mr. Talent on loan from Gawwwwwd-d's fault. It's every right wing talk show host fault. They have effectively dumbed down their audiences to a point, that they'll donate too, and promote any candidate they're told too. They have instilled this ignorance and hate toward the Republican party and it's candidates, and the Republican party has imploded over it.
Let’s Elect Hillary Now

tea_party_teenager.jpg

Last edited:
Before Trump running for office, I always got a kick out of his unabated arrogance and narcissism, he's given me a good chuckle and smile a time or two over the years of following him...that being said, learned some things tonight...

Trump ''sold'' his University, much the way he's sold you guys on his candidacy....I urge you to look and listen to his sales pitch for his trump university scam....the same exact sales pitch he's giving you all now....not a stroke of difference... i.e. -he's going to personally pick the best and smartest professors, (but he didn't)....now it is he's going to personally pick the best and smartest team for his administration....

he's a con artist...

and he has you hook, line, and sinker... just like he had the students that signed up for his course and are now suing him...

The first I saw of this was tonight on various news programs...sure, I heard Trump University turned out to be a scam before he even jumped in to the race, but never dug in to it...

now's the time to dig in to it...I've just begun, and the video I've seen of his Trump University Sales Pitch gave me shivers...the familiarity to his candidacy run, is breath taking...and scary...because he's a good ''Pitch man''...

I know you all don't have much of a choice in your candidates, and he's a charismatic outsider, which is attractive...

I keep trying to put myself in your shoes...and ask myself: if I were a republican, who would I be supporting? And if Trump's off the cuff tongue could have been controlled, along with his wacko bigoted comments and foreign policy positions, there are a few of his other positions that I could probably have gotten behind, MORE SO than any of the other Republican candidates....

However, being involved in merchandising, marketing, and sales, most of my life... I see thru him, and his sales pitch and showmanship that sways with the wind of the polls...

I'm sorry but I know you are being had... in a big big way....

Hillary goes to prison.

2740700716_2a4c8ea232.jpg

Hillary goes to prison.

You remind me I should buy stock in kleenex.

Forum List

Back