Zone1 Is the GOP at a Crossroads?

This whole thing started with: "
Donald Trump won the South Carolina Republican primary, moving closer to the GOP nomination. Despite losing, Nikki Haley, the state's former governor, is not giving up, showing what appears to be deep differences within the Republican Party.

Trump's success in early primaries shows he has strong support. His strong stance on nationalism and immigration appeals to his loyal supporters.

Haley, however, is pushing for a return to classic conservative values. Despite her setback, she's still in the race, backed by extremely strong financial support and ready to face the long battle ahead, keeping an eye on Trump's legal issues.

Trump's lead in the primaries shows he's popular in the party, but it also raises questions about his ability to win over a wider range of voters, including those with college degrees and racial minorities. His controversial nature and legal problems could be hurdles in a national election, even though he has a lot of support from conservatives.

Is this situation a turning point for the Republican Party, making it think about its future path? Will it stick with Trump's style of politics, or try to reach more voters by going back to more traditional conservative ideas? Last, will Haley and her persistence to go to the end create a split vote in the GOP in the end result?" and it was my intent to create a civil and educated discussion. Oh well. Can't win em all. That being said I am moving on and away from this topic. Thanks for the conversation such as it was.

In that light what makes it right for you to be mean spirited and me to reign in. I have just as much right to cut your candidates down to size as you do mine. That is politics. Why would I want to reign in reps that are doing good for Americans and not trying to rip them off? As to whining I was trying to be nice, but I see your lot can't handle nice. Too bad.
You've done a great job at exhibiting your ignorance--are you from Bozeman or Missoula. Those are the only places "of higher education" where they don't know what rein in, a verb, means opting instead for "reign" which is a noun. LMAO, the reps that are ripping you off are the ones that have been in gov't for the past 50 years---Biden--doing nothing. And, yeah, you were whining. Its OK, we've become accustomed to democrats assaulting people and then claiming they are victims--Jussie Smollett. BLM/Antifa. Fani Willis. Joe Biden. Keep digging.

Is this situation a turning point for the Republican Party, making it think about its future path?

At some point, I hope so. I suspect they need to suffer a major asskicking first. I don't see that happening this fall though. Fiscal insanity reigns supreme these days in both parties tho, and if that doesn't change then I think we're headed for a major economic depression brought on by out of control inflation.

The Democrats will take the Presidency, the senate and the house

This is my greatest fear. Once this happens, it's Katy bar the door and the democrats will pretty much do as they please, cuz the very 1st thing they'll do is abolish the filibuster and then we will see a perpetual one-party gov't once the electoral college is gone and the presidential election will be decided by popular vote. Maybe it happens in 2024, or maybe later, but when it does I think this country is fucked.

Maybe someday Montana will see a turnover. I see a whole new crop of young Dems coming out of Montana colleges and High Schools and it is refreshing because many are shooting for positions of authority in the political arena. Let's see what Montana's political landscape looks like in ten years' time.
First study CA. I was a long term citizen there and now live in Idaho. So hi Neighbor. CA used to be worth bragging about. Today it is a shit hole. I moved out before my city became a shit hole. Hopefully it is not now one.

Yes. I think Trump has made people more aware of the do nothing style of survival that republican politicians play.

The Republican Strategy has been this: Say everything your electorate likes, the democrat bullies hate, exert all the energy in your being to make sure nothing is ever accomplished, and make frequent speeches about the evils of abortion.

Trump has shown us what happens when a republican actually does something. They get destroyed by any means necessary. "Republicans are going to have to get tougher." ~Donald Trump

Except Trump didn't really get anything accomplished, other than appoint some knuckledraggers to SCOTUS that overturned Roe.

Trump couldn't get legislation passed when he controlled both houses of Congress.

Mexico didn't pay for the wall, and the number of immigrants increased on his watch.
He ran up the debt by 8 Trillion in four years.

If Republicans want to survive they are going to have to go through the same torture Trump is enduring but not only that, they are going to have to inflict torture in the same fashion. The game isn't played in the ballot box. Republicans win tons of elections because the things they say resonate with voters. The game is played in the courts. Republicans are going to have to learn that game and play it as vicious as bleep bleep bleep. Republican voters are slowly losing their patience with all the hot air they are being given.

I think this is where you are a little confused. Most of your policy positions aren't popular, especially on social issues.

I am not the one who first noticed, but the punctuation is flawless.
Perfect paragraphing also.
People don't type like that.

Makes me wonder. The leftist idiots who are programming the bots know SHIT about grammar, so how do they get the bots programmed so properly, grammatically? Great mystery.

Sure it does. That's why the Pope isn't the boss of me.

What we really need to do is remove the tax exemption for any church that gets involved in politics.
I am sure its an oversight on your part but where do you find that in our laws??

a link would be nice,,

what we really need to do is remove all taxs on guns and accs. since those are also a right and shouldnt be taxed,,

The GOP is a party quite different from the Democrat party. Democrats are in lockstep with party leaders while Republicans often fight among themselves. It's called divide and conquer.

The GOP is a party quite different from the Democrat party. Democrats are in lockstep with party leaders while Republicans often fight among themselves. It's called divide and conquer.
would you rather have an echo chamber of a diversity of ideas??

I think this is where you are a little confused. Most of your policy positions aren't popular, especially on social issues.

That's interesting. There are many solid red states that haven't elected a democrat in decades yet democrat policies still reign supreme in all of those red states.

Trump will get convicted before election day. Haley knows that. That's why she's staying in the race
Yes. She is positioning herself as a backup plan. Somebody should definitely be doing that. I don't think Trump getting convicted will prevent him from being elected president but he is fairly old. He could die or something. A backup candidate is necessary. The democratic party should have a second place person playing the game too. I guess they do but they aren't a viable candidate.

Forum List

Back