Why is Trump now mocking people with physical disabilities?

How would that be better than Obama !?

If you think Obama is a fascists , what do you think trump would do as prez !?

He's not the perfect candidate by any means.
But he speaks on the majority of the American peoples concerns...cant help it if you're behind the curve.

You aren't answering the question. What makes you think trump,would be any less the "fascist" ? Considering he lives his whole life as a spoiled , mean , dictator . He has all the makings of a fascist.

As they say Timmy....better my fascist than yours.

Oh I see. Then you really do t have a problem with what Obama does , you are just mad because he's a dem. got it!

Critical thinking isnt your strong point huh Timmy.....?
Actually I was saying the fascist we have in office now is not better than the one YOU consider fascist......that isnt.

Define "fascist" as it applies to Obama.....

You aren't answering the question. What makes you think trump,would be any less the "fascist" ? Considering he lives his whole life as a spoiled , mean , dictator . He has all the makings of a fascist.

Oh I see. Then you really do t have a problem with what Obama does , you are just mad because he's a dem. got it!

Actually I was saying the fascist we have in office now is not better than the one YOU consider fascist......that isnt.
Not yours either, critical thinking is a misnomer.
The actual name is analytical thinking .
"Analytical thinking" is also a misnomer. It should just be called government brainwashing.

What is it with you people and your contempt for Reason?

Because hes financially independent.

he CAN.

Suck it up you capito-fascists.
"Nothing is more curious than the almost savage hostility that Humour excites in those who lack it." - George Saintsbury, A Last Vintage

Applies equally to intelligence.....witness bripat

This has to be a new low - even for Trump. I'd say he has probably lost the cripple vote.

It's not. Most of Trumps supporters are Rush Limbaugh fans. Rush loves to mock people with disabilities.

This is entirely consistent with Trump's obvious fascism. Him and his supporters are all fascists and fascists believe people with disabilities are inferior citizens.

The amount of hypocrisy and irony on this thread from both sides is unbelievable while I'm sure there are a few who are simply being sarcastic with their responses most arent and worse don't even realize how full of it they are.

The amount of hypocrisy and irony on this thread from both sides is unbelievable while I'm sure there are a few who are simply being sarcastic with their responses most arent and worse don't even realize how full of it they are.

Yeah, and you're just an honest broker.

5657257c1b0000470029ea9d.jpg

Donald Trump apparently mocking a reporter's joint condition has been called a "new low" for his campaign, but in reality it's not the first time the Republican candidate has come under fire for remarks on physical disabilities.

Trump incited backlash this week after he did an impression of The New York Times' reporter Serge Kovaleski, who has arthrogryposis, a condition that affects his joint movements, Politico reports.

Speaking at a South Carolina rally on Tuesday, Trump referenced an article Kovaleski wrote while working for The Washington Post in 2001, noting it was “written by a nice reporter.” He continued, "Now the poor guy -- you ought to see the guy: ‘Uhh I don’t know what I said. I don’t remember!’ He’s going, ‘I don’t remember! Maybe that’s what I said.’”

While quoting Kovaleski, Trump jerked his arms and body and held his hands in a claw-like manner reminiscent of the disease’s symptom.

More: Trump Mocking Physical Disabilities Is Nothing New

This has to be a new low - even for Trump. I'd say he has probably lost the cripple vote.

Goddamit, I think he's gone too far this time. Surely there aren't enough reactionary bigots in America voting in the primaries that will give him the robe now is there? Shit, I thought if he got it it would be an easy romp, maybe both houses and the Presidency for the Democrats. You probably know we Canadians gave our Liberal party a majority government last month. These statements I've clipped from P.M. Justin Trudeau's letter to his new Attorney General point a satisfactorily progressive direction, and I actually believe this government will deliver on it's commitments. These commitments include legalising pot, adding gender identity as a prohibited ground for discrimination under the Canadian Human Rights Act, reducing the rate of incarceration amongst Indigenous Canadians, strengthening accountability with respect to national security and better balances collective security with rights and freedoms, reducing the number of handguns and assault weapons on our streets.

Would it blow a few minds if an American president ordered those changes?

This statement might interest you Lakhota, you probably know our native peoples have never been treated fairly up here, it looks like he's serious when he says he's committed to changing our ways;

"I made a personal commitment to bring new leadership and a new tone to Ottawa. We made a commitment to Canadians to pursue our goals with a renewed sense of collaboration. Improved partnerships with provincial, territorial, and municipal governments are essential to deliver the real, positive change that we promised Canadians. No relationship is more important to me and to Canada than the one with Indigenous Peoples. It is time for a renewed, nation-to-nation relationship with Indigenous Peoples, based on recognition of rights, respect, co-operation, and partnership."

Direction Trudeau's Taking us.
Statements from Trudeau's letter to the new Attorney General, Ms. Wilson-Raybould, which I believe they're going to take action on;

"As Minister of Justice and Attorney General of Canada, your overarching goal will be to ensure our legislation meets the highest standards of equity, fairness and respect for the rule of law. I expect you to ensure that our initiatives respect the Constitution of Canada, court decisions, and are in keeping with our proudest legal traditions. You are expected to ensure that the rights of Canadians are protected, that our work demonstrates the greatest possible commitment to respecting the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, and that our government seeks to fulfill our policy goals with the least interference with the rights and privacy of Canadians as possible."

"Introduce government legislation to add gender identity as a prohibited ground for discrimination under the Canadian Human Rights Act, and to the list of distinguishing characteristics of “identifiable group” protected by the hate speech provisions of the Criminal Code."

"In particular, I will expect you to work with your colleagues and through established legislative, regulatory, and Cabinet processes to deliver on your top priorities":

"Lead a process, supported by the Minister of Health, to work with provinces and territories to respond to the Supreme Court of Canada decision regarding physician-assisted death."

"Working with the Ministers of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness and Health, create a federal-provincial-territorial process that will lead to the legalization and regulation of marijuana."

"Develop, in collaboration with the Minister of Indigenous and Northern Affairs, and supported by the Minister of Status of Women, an approach to, and a mandate for, an inquiry into murdered and missing Indigenous women and girls in Canada, including the identification of a lead Minister."

"You should conduct a review of the changes in our criminal justice system and sentencing reforms over the past decade with a mandate to assess the changes, ensure that we are increasing the safety of our communities, getting value for money, addressing gaps and ensuring that current provisions are aligned with the objectives of the criminal justice system. Outcomes of this process should include increased use of restorative justice processes and other initiatives to reduce the rate of incarceration amongst Indigenous Canadians, and implementation of recommendations from the inquest into the death of Ashley Smith regarding the restriction of the use of solitary confinement and the treatment of those with mental illness."

"Work with the Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness and the Minister of Indigenous and Northern Affairs to address gaps in services to Aboriginal people and those with mental illness throughout the criminal justice system".

"... introduce new legislation that strengthens accountability with respect to national security and better balances collective security with rights and freedoms.
Support the Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness in his efforts to repeal key elements of Bill C-42 and implement our commitment to reduce the number of handguns and assault weapons on our streets."

"Implement our platform commitments to toughen criminal laws and bail conditions in cases of domestic assault, in consultation with stakeholders and with the goal of keeping survivors and children safe. You should undertake this work in consultation with the Minister of Status of Women and the Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness".

"Our platform guides our government. Over the course of our four-year mandate, I expect us to deliver on all of our commitments. It is our collective responsibility to ensure that we fulfill our promises".
"You are expected to do your part to fulfill our government’s commitment to transparent, merit-based appointments, to help ensure gender parity and that Indigenous Canadians and minority groups are better reflected in positions of leadership."

"As Minister, you will be held accountable for our commitment to bring a different style of leadership to government. This will include: close collaboration with your colleagues; meaningful engagement with Opposition Members of Parliament, Parliamentary Committees and the public service; constructive dialogue with Canadians, civil society, and stakeholders, including business, organized labour..."

"We made a commitment to invest in growing our economy, strengthening the middle class, and helping those working hard to join it. We committed to provide more direct help to those who need it by giving less to those who do not. We committed to public investment as the best way to spur economic growth, job creation, and broad-based prosperity. We committed to a responsible, transparent fiscal plan..."

"I expect Canadians to hold us accountable for delivering these commitments, and I expect all ministers to do their part – individually and collectively – to improve economic opportunity and security for Canadians."

Yours sincerely,
Prime Minister of Canada signature
Rt. Hon. Justin Trudeau, P.C., M.P.
Prime Minister of Canada

Last edited:

Donald Trump apparently mocking a reporter's joint condition has been called a "new low" for his campaign, but in reality it's not the first time the Republican candidate has come under fire for remarks on physical disabilities.

Trump incited backlash this week after he did an impression of The New York Times' reporter Serge Kovaleski, who has arthrogryposis, a condition that affects his joint movements, Politico reports.

Speaking at a South Carolina rally on Tuesday, Trump referenced an article Kovaleski wrote while working for The Washington Post in 2001, noting it was “written by a nice reporter.” He continued, "Now the poor guy -- you ought to see the guy: ‘Uhh I don’t know what I said. I don’t remember!’ He’s going, ‘I don’t remember! Maybe that’s what I said.’”

While quoting Kovaleski, Trump jerked his arms and body and held his hands in a claw-like manner reminiscent of the disease’s symptom.

Goddammit! I think he's gone too far. This might take him out. Shit it would have been such an easy romp, both houses and the Presidency I was thinking. Shit!

Our

Goddamit, I think he's gone too far this time. Surely there aren't enough reactionary bigots in America voting in the primaries that will give him the robe now is there? Shit, I thought if he got it it would be an easy romp, maybe both houses and the Presidency for the Democrats. You probably know we Canadians gave our Liberal party a majority government last month. These statements I've clipped from P.M. Justin Trudeau's letter to his new Attorney General point a satisfactorily progressive direction, and I actually believe this government will deliver on it's commitments. These commitments include legalising pot, adding gender identity as a prohibited ground for discrimination under the Canadian Human Rights Act, reducing the rate of incarceration amongst Indigenous Canadians, strengthening accountability with respect to national security and better balances collective security with rights and freedoms, reducing the number of handguns and assault weapons on our streets.

Would it blow a few minds if an American president ordered those changes?

This statement might interest you Lakhota, you probably know our native peoples have never been treated fairly up here, it looks like he's serious when he says he's committed to changing our ways;

"I made a personal commitment to bring new leadership and a new tone to Ottawa. We made a commitment to Canadians to pursue our goals with a renewed sense of collaboration. Improved partnerships with provincial, territorial, and municipal governments are essential to deliver the real, positive change that we promised Canadians. No relationship is more important to me and to Canada than the one with Indigenous Peoples. It is time for a renewed, nation-to-nation relationship with Indigenous Peoples, based on recognition of rights, respect, co-operation, and partnership."

Direction Trudeau's Taking us.
Statements from Trudeau's letter to the new Attorney General, Ms. Wilson-Raybould, which I believe they're going to take action on;

"As Minister of Justice and Attorney General of Canada, your overarching goal will be to ensure our legislation meets the highest standards of equity, fairness and respect for the rule of law. I expect you to ensure that our initiatives respect the Constitution of Canada, court decisions, and are in keeping with our proudest legal traditions. You are expected to ensure that the rights of Canadians are protected, that our work demonstrates the greatest possible commitment to respecting the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, and that our government seeks to fulfill our policy goals with the least interference with the rights and privacy of Canadians as possible."

"Introduce government legislation to add gender identity as a prohibited ground for discrimination under the Canadian Human Rights Act, and to the list of distinguishing characteristics of “identifiable group” protected by the hate speech provisions of the Criminal Code."

"In particular, I will expect you to work with your colleagues and through established legislative, regulatory, and Cabinet processes to deliver on your top priorities":

"Lead a process, supported by the Minister of Health, to work with provinces and territories to respond to the Supreme Court of Canada decision regarding physician-assisted death."

"Working with the Ministers of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness and Health, create a federal-provincial-territorial process that will lead to the legalization and regulation of marijuana."

"Develop, in collaboration with the Minister of Indigenous and Northern Affairs, and supported by the Minister of Status of Women, an approach to, and a mandate for, an inquiry into murdered and missing Indigenous women and girls in Canada, including the identification of a lead Minister."

"You should conduct a review of the changes in our criminal justice system and sentencing reforms over the past decade with a mandate to assess the changes, ensure that we are increasing the safety of our communities, getting value for money, addressing gaps and ensuring that current provisions are aligned with the objectives of the criminal justice system. Outcomes of this process should include increased use of restorative justice processes and other initiatives to reduce the rate of incarceration amongst Indigenous Canadians, and implementation of recommendations from the inquest into the death of Ashley Smith regarding the restriction of the use of solitary confinement and the treatment of those with mental illness."

"Work with the Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness and the Minister of Indigenous and Northern Affairs to address gaps in services to Aboriginal people and those with mental illness throughout the criminal justice system".

"... introduce new legislation that strengthens accountability with respect to national security and better balances collective security with rights and freedoms.
Support the Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness in his efforts to repeal key elements of Bill C-42 and implement our commitment to reduce the number of handguns and assault weapons on our streets."

"Implement our platform commitments to toughen criminal laws and bail conditions in cases of domestic assault, in consultation with stakeholders and with the goal of keeping survivors and children safe. You should undertake this work in consultation with the Minister of Status of Women and the Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness".

"Our platform guides our government. Over the course of our four-year mandate, I expect us to deliver on all of our commitments. It is our collective responsibility to ensure that we fulfill our promises".
"You are expected to do your part to fulfill our government’s commitment to transparent, merit-based appointments, to help ensure gender parity and that Indigenous Canadians and minority groups are better reflected in positions of leadership."

"As Minister, you will be held accountable for our commitment to bring a different style of leadership to government. This will include: close collaboration with your colleagues; meaningful engagement with Opposition Members of Parliament, Parliamentary Committees and the public service; constructive dialogue with Canadians, civil society, and stakeholders, including business, organized labour..."

"We made a commitment to invest in growing our economy, strengthening the middle class, and helping those working hard to join it. We committed to provide more direct help to those who need it by giving less to those who do not. We committed to public investment as the best way to spur economic growth, job creation, and broad-based prosperity. We committed to a responsible, transparent fiscal plan..."

"I expect Canadians to hold us accountable for delivering these commitments, and I expect all ministers to do their part – individually and collectively – to improve economic opportunity and security for Canadians."

Yours sincerely,
Prime Minister of Canada signature
Rt. Hon. Justin Trudeau, P.C., M.P.
Prime Minister of Canada

Adolf Trump is only interested in one thing - Adolf Trump.

At least he didn't make fun of disabled children, like our president did.

You actually equate Obama's harmless bowling analogy to the Special Olympics on the same level as Adolf Trump's blatant mocking and ridicule of people with physical disabilities? Really? BTW, Obama apologized. Will Adolf Trump?

I'm a 100 times more honest than you ever have been or ever will be shitting bull.

He is not mocking anyone's disabilities. He is doing his best impression of president Obama and he is doing a damn good job of it.

What does reason have to do with anything anything said in this thread?

Not yours either, critical thinking is a misnomer.
The actual name is analytical thinking .
"Analytical thinking" is also a misnomer. It should just be called government brainwashing.

What is it with you people and your contempt for Reason?

Adolf Trump has also made fun of Charles Krauthammer - who is paralyzed and confined to a wheelchair. From the OP:

In July, NBC’s Katy Tur asked Trump about the criticism he received from columnists Charles Krauthammer and Jonah Goldberg -- specifically, Krauthammer calling Trump a “rodeo clown.” Trump responded, ““I went out, I made a fortune, a big fortune, a tremendous fortune … Then I get called by a guy that can’t buy a pair of pants, I get called names?”

Many at the time speculated Trump was making a crack at the fact that Krauthammer is paralyzed from the waist down. Just a few weeks earlier, Trump had derided Krauthammer as a “loser” who “just sits there." Since that comment referred to both Krauthammer and conservative commentator George Will, it's unclear if it was meant to reference Krauthammer's disability, but it was a poor choice of words nonetheless.

At least he didn't make fun of disabled children, like our president did.

You actually equate Obama's harmless bowling analogy to the Special Olympics on the same level as Adolf Trump's blatant mocking and ridicule of people with physical disabilities? Really? BTW, Obama apologized. Will Adolf Trump?

I see. When Obama does it, it's "harmless", even though he insulted an entire class of people (children). BTW, I'm not surprised you would find Obama's insulting remarks funny.

I've never seen bh say anything dishonest. You on the other hand...

Forum List

Back