CDZ Why is George Soros such a demonised figure ?

I understand that many people dont like centre left politics and resent his support for the same.

But it is surely a positive thing that a rich man wants to help the poor and downtrodden ?

Is it because he is Jewish ?

You obviously have no clue about who and what George Soros is or the damage he has done globally.

Tell you what, Taint, go read up on some of the things he's done, not just the good things that will fit your narrative. All of it. When you're done with that, if you are capable of being intellectually honest and set aside your bias', you may understand why so many look down on Mr. Soros.

"I am basically there to make money. I cannot and do not look at the social consequences of what I do."
- George Soros, 1998, 60 Minutes
I have just been watching a documentary about him. His enemies seem to be trashy folk like Orban. His supporters are people like Deborah Lipstadt who seems a lady worthy of respect.

The quote you produce doesnt make him a saint but it doesnt make him a demon either.

I for one don't bother to demonize the man, I just don't like him nor do I agree with much of what he does or believes. Then again, I am far from being on the far right.

And just for the record, I couldn't care less that he is of Jewish descent. Hell, until I read your post I had not even thought about it.

If I may ask, what is the title of this documentary? Does it strike you as mostly favorable? Mostly neutral? Mostly unfavorable? I'd be interested in doing some research on the documentary, the director, the producers, etc., just to get an idea of their influences when it came to making it...

If it's Conspiracy Files: the Billionaire Global Mastermind? Rest assured I don't buy in to the conspiracy theories...

Last edited:
I understand that many people dont like centre left politics and resent his support for the same.

But it is surely a positive thing that a rich man wants to help the poor and downtrodden ?

His goal isn't altruistic nor are his goals to help the poor and down trodden. He is a greedy asshole who panders to special interest groups which separate him from the poor. His special interest groups are his attempts to insulate himself from the poor while he keeps them working as serfs and plays the markets to strip away any wealth they may have accumulated. Its all a big control scam he has devised.
How does playing the market strip the wealth away from poor people?
By law and many employers make sure that even the poor must put their accrued retirement savings into a account that is generally ran by financiers (fund managers) or they pay a penalty. Those at the top play and strip wealth off the top. They know which companies they are going to make and break long before the average Joe.
So how much is Soros taking from poor peoples retirement funds? Take the average low income family. How much is Soros taking from them?

He is satan incarnate to Conservatives

Many of the memes used to demonise him have their roots in anti Semitic images dating back to the Rothschilds.

Only conservatives attempt to demonize him; it’s part of the right’s campaign of conspiracy theories, misinformation, disinformation, fake news, and lies.

It’s classic rightwing fearmongering and demagoguery.

And yes – for far too many on the right, their contempt for Soros is a consequence of anti-Semitism.

You mean like the left does with the Koch brothers?

His goal isn't altruistic nor are his goals to help the poor and down trodden. He is a greedy asshole who panders to special interest groups which separate him from the poor. His special interest groups are his attempts to insulate himself from the poor while he keeps them working as serfs and plays the markets to strip away any wealth they may have accumulated. Its all a big control scam he has devised.
By law and many employers make sure that even the poor must put their accrued retirement savings into a account that is generally ran by financiers (fund managers) or they pay a penalty. Those at the top play and strip wealth off the top. They know which companies they are going to make and break long before the average Joe.
So how much is Soros taking from poor peoples retirement funds? Take the average low income family. How much is Soros taking from them?
Over a life time, by the year or by the month? You really expect me to spend hours putting it all together for you? It ain't happening. There is plenty of information out there already if you take the time to research it out.

Many of the memes used to demonise him have their roots in anti Semitic images dating back to the Rothschilds.

Well there's your problem: Half the memes coming from the left also depict Trump as a "Nazi", a "white supremacist", and a "racist"

Memes are only memes and unless you fact-check them, they're just cartoons.

Over a life time, by the year or by the month? You really expect me to spend hours putting it all together for you? It ain't happening. There is plenty of information out there already if you take the time to research it out.
I’d like to get an idea of what your talking about and also see if you even know or if you’re just talking out of your ass.

I’d like to get an idea of what your talking about and also see if you even know or if you’re just talking out of your ass.
Okay lets go with a person making $20,000.00 a year. That person thinks they are getting an extra 6% by their employer paying into a retirement account and they pay in 6% also. That is $2,400.00 per year that person thinks there will be available for future retirement. The person believes they actually making $21,200.00 per year and this savings being taken out plus the accrued investment gain will be there when they retire. Twenty years goes by and the person thought that their investment was growing every year and it would be there until the fund managers loses it. The average loss in 2008 was 25% or more for some and less for others. Sticking with our poor soul who thought he'd saved $48,000.00 over the years lost 25% of the original value of what was put into the future or $12,000.00. The Feds set a target for 2% inflation per year but the actual inflation rate is actually closer to an average of 3%, so the poor worker who vested his/her money/labor lost not only 25% of that original investment value but also another 3%. That 3% is actually a pretty low figure considering a poor persons house payment ranged from $76.00 a month to $150.00 per month back in 1989. One could rent a beach front lot for a couple hundred a month back then too that now cost from a thousand up. So housing alone has gone up by up to 400% on a very low average at best. Locally here the water and sewer cost for houses in town has increased from an average high of $26.00 a month to well over $300.00 a month for a dinky little 3 bedroom house that now cost $850.00 a month to rent, electric cost well up to 68% more than it was during that period from 1989 to 2008. So called experts claim that an average increase in the S & P is anywhere from 11% to 7% conservatively.

Now try to tell me how helpful it is for an average low pay or even average pay person to gamble their hard earned money with these dickheads who have been stuffing their own pockets at their expense?

Okay lets go with a person making $20,000.00 a year. That person thinks they are getting an extra 6% by their employer paying into a retirement account and they pay in 6% also. That is $2,400.00 per year that person thinks there will be available for future retirement. The person believes they actually making $21,200.00 per year and this savings being taken out plus the accrued investment gain will be there when they retire. Twenty years goes by and the person thought that their investment was growing every year and it would be there until the fund managers loses it. The average loss in 2008 was 25% or more for some and less for others. Sticking with our poor soul who thought he'd saved $48,000.00 over the years lost 25% of the original value of what was put into the future or $12,000.00. The Feds set a target for 2% inflation per year but the actual inflation rate is actually closer to an average of 3%, so the poor worker who vested his/her money/labor lost not only 25% of that original investment value but also another 3%. That 3% is actually a pretty low figure considering a poor persons house payment ranged from $76.00 a month to $150.00 per month back in 1989. One could rent a beach front lot for a couple hundred a month back then too that now cost from a thousand up. So housing alone has gone up by up to 400% on a very low average at best. Locally here the water and sewer cost for houses in town has increased from an average high of $26.00 a month to well over $300.00 a month for a dinky little 3 bedroom house that now cost $850.00 a month to rent, electric cost well up to 68% more than it was during that period from 1989 to 2008. So called experts claim that an average increase in the S & P is anywhere from 11% to 7% conservatively.

Now try to tell me how helpful it is for an average low pay or even average pay person to gamble their hard earned money with these dickheads who have been stuffing their own pockets at their expense?
You seem like a bright guy and I appreciate you writing all that out instead of dismissing my request and resorting to petty insults like most on this board do. But you forgot a few things, mainly the gains that the fund experienced until the 25% loss. Also the rapid growth that we’ve seen since the crash. If somebody had been feeding a fund for 20 years then the gains the 25% loss they saw in 2008 would be a fraction of what they gained over time.

Also, what does Soros have to do with this? Is your issue with investment bankers? Mortgage brokers? Government regulators? Or left wing activists? I’m not seeing how you are trying to tie this all together.

You seem like a bright guy and I appreciate you writing all that out instead of dismissing my request and resorting to petty insults like most on this board do. But you forgot a few things, mainly the gains that the fund experienced until the 25% loss. Also the rapid growth that we’ve seen since the crash. If somebody had been feeding a fund for 20 years then the gains the 25% loss they saw in 2008 would be a fraction of what they gained over time.

Also, what does Soros have to do with this? Is your issue with investment bankers? Mortgage brokers? Government regulators? Or left wing activists? I’m not seeing how you are trying to tie this all together.
The rapid growth is ate up by other factors. Agreed I didn't put everything in there and I am not a guy.

Soros and goons drive the markets with their bs and cash in whenever they feel like it. Congress sold the American public out in many ways and they paid themselves on a whole damn well as they did it. Banks have no place on Wall Street. They were never supposed to be on Wall Street. When they repealed the Glass Steagall Act they basically opened the door for mass corruption on a scale never seen before. The Affordable Care Act was just icing on the cake for all of the bankers because they own the majority of the Insurance industry and they replaced private insurance and we lost a hell of a lot of good doctors who walked away.

One I didn't put in there was how the bankers got another freebie from Congress through the tax acts convincing a shitload of people not to pay off their home loans. So for many of those poor suckers who believed all that crap they lost their homes when bankers decided they would cash in on as many as possible of folks who had worked and spent all their extra to fix up their properties. People who were already struggling do to the excessive interest cost which the Feds allowed. Nope those stock gains don't mean jack to a poor soul who works for a living.

Last edited:

The rapid growth is ate up by other factors. Agreed I didn't put everything in there and I am not a guy.

Soros and goons drive the markets with their bs and cash in whenever they feel like it. Congress sold the American public out in many ways and they paid themselves on a whole damn well as they did it. Banks have no place on Wall Street. They were never supposed to be on Wall Street. When they repealed the Glass Steagall Act they basically opened the door for mass corruption on a scale never seen before. The Affordable Care Act was just icing on the cake for all of the bankers because they own the majority of the Insurance industry and they replaced private insurance and we lost a hell of a lot of good doctors who walked away.

One I didn't put in there was how the bankers got another freebie from Congress through the tax acts convincing a shitload of people not to pay off their home loans. So for many of those poor suckers who believed all that crap they lost their homes when bankers decided they would cash in on as many as possible of folks who had worked and spent all their extra to fix up their properties. People who were already struggling do to the excessive interest cost which the Feds allowed. Nope those stock gains don't mean jack to a poor soul who works for a living.
I agree with some of that. But the culprits here go all the way back to Regan in the 80s and deregulation of our financial institutions. Clinton owns some with how he recklessly pushed loans and the blame game carries on and on. But You still haven’t linked Soros to stealing poor peoples retirements. If you believe in a free market and capitalism and employers are feeding funds for peoples retirements and those funds are growing then that’s that’s how the market works... you either support free markets with little regulation or you support regulation of the markets and would start to fall on the left side of the ideological scale. you are reaching too far to link Soros to these things and we are now getting away from the topic.

I agree with some of that. But the culprits here go all the way back to Regan in the 80s and deregulation of our financial institutions. Clinton owns some with how he recklessly pushed loans and the blame game carries on and on. But You still haven’t linked Soros to stealing poor peoples retirements. If you believe in a free market and capitalism and employers are feeding funds for peoples retirements and those funds are growing then that’s that’s how the market works... you either support free markets with little regulation or you support regulation of the markets and would start to fall on the left side of the ideological scale. you are reaching too far to link Soros to these things and we are now getting away from the topic.
It is not a free market when the laws, grants and federal assistance is skewed to favor giants and monopolies. It is not a free market when the corrupt and crooks are allowed to roam free either. I already gave links way back there in the posts for Soros connections. BTW, did you know what the name Soros means? Its "a brier" such as for carrying the dead. (that isn't on topic either). You wanted to know if I was talking "out my ass" you got a piece and a portion of what I understand so if its off topic that's on you. Now don't bother questioning me again to explain anything to you as I won't waste that time again for you. I told you when you first started posting here 'I post what I want at my pleasure not yours or anyone else's'. Have a great evening.

Last edited:
Soros is most notably known as a predatory currency speculator. Many consider him a central figure in attacks on Thai and Malaysian currencies in 1997, the results of which were not good for those countries' economies. He attempted the same in Hong Kong but failed. He's also known as the man who broke the bank of England, the results of which are said to have cost the UK taxpayers billions.

Coupled with his predatory practices are his efforts to destroy national sovereignty in many places. This is what has earned him many well deserved enemies.

It is not a free market when the laws, grants and federal assistance is skewed to favor giants and monopolies. It is not a free market when the corrupt and crooks are allowed to roam free either. I already gave links way back there in the posts for Soros connections. BTW, did you know what the name Soros means? Its "a brier" such as for carrying the dead. (that isn't on topic either). You wanted to know if I was talking "out my ass" you got a piece and a portion of what I understand so if its off topic that's on you. Now don't bother questioning me again to explain anything to you as I won't waste that time again for you. I told you when you first started posting here 'I post what I want at my pleasure not yours or anyone else's'. Have a great evening.
You’re free to post whatever you want but when you go off topic and bring up random nonsense like the meaning of his name, then you lose the debate. You come off as avoiding the topic and diverting with a bag of randomness that doesn’t make sense. If that’s your style then fine but don’t expect it to be respected

You’re free to post whatever you want but when you go off topic and bring up random nonsense like the meaning of his name, then you lose the debate. You come off as avoiding the topic and diverting with a bag of randomness that doesn’t make sense. If that’s your style then fine but don’t expect it to be respected
I don't debate. I do post information, knowledge and facts as I find them. I also ask people on here that I value their posts and opinions questions from time to time for I can better understand some issues or learn about issues that I do not understand. Your free to "respect" whatever you wish.

Soros is the epitome of the American, cut-throat casino capitalism. But - BUT - he is also pro democracy, and slightly liberal- / libertarian-leaning, not exhibiting the proper contempt for the paupers and their quest for some crumbs of the cake, thus betraying the overwhelmingly reactionary American ruling class. Their aristocratic, near-godly status and their iron grip on policy-making must not be challenged in any way. So, that sacrilegious activity cannot stand.

You obviously have no clue about who and what George Soros is or the damage he has done globally.

Tell you what, Taint, go read up on some of the things he's done, not just the good things that will fit your narrative. All of it. When you're done with that, if you are capable of being intellectually honest and set aside your bias', you may understand why so many look down on Mr. Soros.

"I am basically there to make money. I cannot and do not look at the social consequences of what I do."
- George Soros, 1998, 60 Minutes
I have just been watching a documentary about him. His enemies seem to be trashy folk like Orban. His supporters are people like Deborah Lipstadt who seems a lady worthy of respect.

The quote you produce doesnt make him a saint but it doesnt make him a demon either.

I for one don't bother to demonize the man, I just don't like him nor do I agree with much of what he does or believes. Then again, I am far from being on the far right.

And just for the record, I couldn't care less that he is of Jewish descent. Hell, until I read your post I had not even thought about it.

If I may ask, what is the title of this documentary? Does it strike you as mostly favorable? Mostly neutral? Mostly unfavorable? I'd be interested in doing some research on the documentary, the director, the producers, etc., just to get an idea of their influences when it came to making it...

If it's Conspiracy Files: the Billionaire Global Mastermind? Rest assured I don't buy in to the conspiracy theories...
Yes thats the one. They tackled some of the theories and debunked them. Ive seen how loons spread shit on here and although I havent got an indepth knowledge of Soros I recognise the tactics.

Soros is an atheist and an ultraliberal, not Jewish at all.

And he doesn't want to "help" the poor and downtrodden,he wants to use those folks to gain global hegemony.

Soros is a Hungarian, and he isn't that popular at all with the people of his own home town of Budapest. Prime Minister Orban doesn't care for this evil man who supports subversive outfits like MediaMatters.

Libs love Soros- but its crazy why this foreigner trying to rig our elections openly is praised when the mere hint of possible interference by Russians is condemned.

No, it has nothing to do with Soros belonging to the Jewish faith- and it isn't just because he doesn't.

Why are the Kochs so loathed by the left?

Forum List

Back