CDZ Why is George Soros such a demonised figure ?

Hear ya go Tommy.....

Top 10 Reasons George Soros Is Dangerous

"1. Gives billions to left-wing causes: Soros started the Open Society Institute in 1993 as a way to spread his wealth to progressive causes. Using Open Society as a conduit, Soros has given more than $7 billion to a who�??s who of left-wing groups. This partial list of recipients of Soros�?? money says it all: ACORN, Apollo Alliance, National Council of La Raza, Tides Foundation, Huffington Post, Southern Poverty Law Center, Soujourners, People for the American Way, Planned Parenthood, and the National Organization for Women.

2. Influence on U.S. elections:
Soros once said that removing President George W. Bush from office in 2004 was the “central focus of my life.” He put his money where his mouth is, giving $23.58 million to various 527 groups dedicated to defeating Bush. His early financial support helped jump-start Barack Obama�??s political career. Soros hosted a 2004 fund-raiser for Obama when he was running for the Illinois Senate and gave the maximum-allowed contribution within hours of Obama�??s announcement that he was running for President.

3. Wants to curtail American sovereignty:
Soros would like nothing better than for America to become subservient to international bodies. He wants more power for groups such as the World Bank and International Monetary Fund, even while saying the U.S. role in the IMF should be �??downsized.�?� In 1998, he wrote: �??Insofar as there are collective interests that transcend state boundaries, the sovereignty of states must be subordinated to international law and international institutions.�?�

4. Media Matters: Soros is a financial backer of Media Matters for America, a progressive media watchdog group that hyperventilates over any conservative view that makes it into the mainstream media. Now its founder, David Brock, has openly declared war on Fox News, telling Politico that the group was mounting �??guerrilla warfare and sabotage�?� against the cable news channel, and would try to disrupt the commercial interests of owner Rupert Murdoch�??an odd mission for a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt educational foundation that is barred from participating in partisan political activity.

5. MoveOn.org: Soros has been a major funder of MoveOn.org, a progressive advocacy group and political action committee that raises millions for liberal candidates. This is the group that had on its website an ad comparing President George W. Bush to Adolf Hitler and ran the infamous �??General Betray Us�?� ad in the New York Times, disparaging the integrity of Gen. David Petraeus.

6. Center for American Progress: Headed by John Podesta, White House chief of staff under President Clinton, the Center for American Progress has been instrumental in providing progressive talking points and policy positions for the Obama administration. There has also been a revolving door between the White House and the Soros-funded think tank, with Obama staffing his administration with many CAP officials.

7. Environmental extremism: Former Obama green jobs czar Van Jones and his leftist environmental ideas have been funded by Soros�?? money at these groups: the Ella Baker Center, Green For All, the Center for American Progress, and the Apollo Alliance, which was instrumental in getting $110 billion in green initiatives included in Obama�??s stimulus package. Soros also funds the Climate Policy Initiative to address global warming and gave Friends of the Earth money to �??integrate a climate equity perspective in the presidential transition.�?�

8. America Coming Together: Soros gave nearly $20 million to this 527 group with the express purpose of defeating President Bush. A massive get-out-the-vote effort, ACT�??s door-to-door canvassing teams included numerous felons, its voter registration drives were riddled with fraud, and it handed out incendiary fliers and made misleading taped phone calls to voters. ACT was fined $775,000 by the Federal Election Commission for violations of various federal campaign finance laws.

9. Currency manipulation: A large part of Soros’ multibillion-dollar fortune has come from manipulating currencies. During the 1997 Asian financial crisis, Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir bin Mohamad accused him of bringing down the nation�??s currency through his trading activities, and in Thailand he was called an �??economic war criminal.�?� Known as �??The Man who Broke the Bank of England,�?� Soros initiated a British financial crisis by dumping 10 billion sterling, forcing the devaluation of the currency and gaining a billion-dollar profit.

10. Delusions: Soros has repeatedly said that he sees himself as a messianic figure. Who but a megalomaniac would make these comments? �??I admit that I have always harbored an exaggerated view of my self-importance�??to put it bluntly, I fancied myself as some kind of god�?� or �??I carried some rather potent messianic fantasies with me from childhood, which I felt I had to control, otherwise I might end up in the loony bin.�?� If only the loony bin were an option. As it is, one of the wealthiest men in the world is using his billions to impose a radical agenda on America."

Now....You may agree with all that Tommy, but most real Americans don't.
I dont see a problem with any of this .
You don't? I'm American, not British, but I've always liked Queen Elizabeth after seeing her speech as a young woman thanking the Americans for our part in helping Great Britain contain the Nazi bombings of London and other important British targets that were bombed early on in WWII.

As a consequence of sympathy for the Queen's good causes, I wasn't happy to read that George Soros figured out a way to destroy the banking industry in England over some hatred he had for someone over there. I just thought it was petty. And it hurt a lot of Brits. :(
Its his job and it humiliated the tory government. Doesnt warrant the hatred towards him/..
Don't confuse my pity with hatred, Mr. Tainant. For I pity the unjust for what they will meet on the day of judgment.

Nice attempt at deflection. So you are trying to slip out of accounting for trash like the Koch brothers, Betsy and Eric Prince/Devos (Betsy the fundie thief and rapist supporter and Eric the mercenary), and the rest. There has been a whole cadre of right-wing fascist billionaires funding attacks on the freedoms of Americans. Yes I do mean "fascists," as in people who want to install fascism and a dirty theocracy in place of the legitimate government of the people, by the people, and for the people.

I just gave facts to Tommy about why most Americans dislike Soros. I'm not subject to your straw-man set up and need not explain what you can't.

Not "most Americans." Straighten up. Do you get your information from polls? The only people I've come across in the U.S. who dislike Soros are right-wingers on the internet. I have lived in densely populated areas in the United States all of my life. Should I go out into the street and ask passersby whether they like Soros or not? I don't think that most Americans have ever even heard of him.

The only people I come across that dislike Trump are TDSers like you who believe any lie told about him. As far as Soros goes, I never said I or anyone hated him, I gave Tommy FACTS about what Soros is up to. I would advise you to leave that area of 'dense' people, your mind is being warped.

I've come across many people who dislike the orange whore. What lies have been told about him? Where are your "facts" about the right-winger billionaires trying to steal our country? Don't you know that most Americans live in densely populated areas? I can go out and round up ten people just on the block; real people, not farm animals.

Hear ya go Tommy.....

"1. Gives billions to left-wing causes: Soros started the Open Society Institute in 1993 as a way to spread his wealth to progressive causes. Using Open Society as a conduit, Soros has given more than $7 billion to a who�??s who of left-wing groups. This partial list of recipients of Soros�?? money says it all: ACORN, Apollo Alliance, National Council of La Raza, Tides Foundation, Huffington Post, Southern Poverty Law Center, Soujourners, People for the American Way, Planned Parenthood, and the National Organization for Women.
2. Influence on U.S. elections: Soros once said that removing President George W. Bush from office in 2004 was the “central focus of my life.” He put his money where his mouth is, giving $23.58 million to various 527 groups dedicated to defeating Bush. His early financial support helped jump-start Barack Obama�??s political career. Soros hosted a 2004 fund-raiser for Obama when he was running for the Illinois Senate and gave the maximum-allowed contribution within hours of Obama�??s announcement that he was running for President.
3. Wants to curtail American sovereignty: Soros would like nothing better than for America to become subservient to international bodies. He wants more power for groups such as the World Bank and International Monetary Fund, even while saying the U.S. role in the IMF should be �??downsized.�?� In 1998, he wrote: �??Insofar as there are collective interests that transcend state boundaries, the sovereignty of states must be subordinated to international law and international institutions.�?�

4. Media Matters: Soros is a financial backer of Media Matters for America, a progressive media watchdog group that hyperventilates over any conservative view that makes it into the mainstream media. Now its founder, David Brock, has openly declared war on Fox News, telling Politico that the group was mounting �??guerrilla warfare and sabotage�?� against the cable news channel, and would try to disrupt the commercial interests of owner Rupert Murdoch�??an odd mission for a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt educational foundation that is barred from participating in partisan political activity.

5. MoveOn.org: Soros has been a major funder of MoveOn.org, a progressive advocacy group and political action committee that raises millions for liberal candidates. This is the group that had on its website an ad comparing President George W. Bush to Adolf Hitler and ran the infamous �??General Betray Us�?� ad in the New York Times, disparaging the integrity of Gen. David Petraeus.

6. Center for American Progress: Headed by John Podesta, White House chief of staff under President Clinton, the Center for American Progress has been instrumental in providing progressive talking points and policy positions for the Obama administration. There has also been a revolving door between the White House and the Soros-funded think tank, with Obama staffing his administration with many CAP officials.

7. Environmental extremism: Former Obama green jobs czar Van Jones and his leftist environmental ideas have been funded by Soros�?? money at these groups: the Ella Baker Center, Green For All, the Center for American Progress, and the Apollo Alliance, which was instrumental in getting $110 billion in green initiatives included in Obama�??s stimulus package. Soros also funds the Climate Policy Initiative to address global warming and gave Friends of the Earth money to �??integrate a climate equity perspective in the presidential transition.�?�

8. America Coming Together: Soros gave nearly $20 million to this 527 group with the express purpose of defeating President Bush. A massive get-out-the-vote effort, ACT�??s door-to-door canvassing teams included numerous felons, its voter registration drives were riddled with fraud, and it handed out incendiary fliers and made misleading taped phone calls to voters. ACT was fined $775,000 by the Federal Election Commission for violations of various federal campaign finance laws.

9. Currency manipulation: A large part of Soros’ multibillion-dollar fortune has come from manipulating currencies. During the 1997 Asian financial crisis, Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir bin Mohamad accused him of bringing down the nation�??s currency through his trading activities, and in Thailand he was called an �??economic war criminal.�?� Known as �??The Man who Broke the Bank of England,�?� Soros initiated a British financial crisis by dumping 10 billion sterling, forcing the devaluation of the currency and gaining a billion-dollar profit.

10. Delusions: Soros has repeatedly said that he sees himself as a messianic figure. Who but a megalomaniac would make these comments? �??I admit that I have always harbored an exaggerated view of my self-importance�??to put it bluntly, I fancied myself as some kind of god�?� or �??I carried some rather potent messianic fantasies with me from childhood, which I felt I had to control, otherwise I might end up in the loony bin.�?� If only the loony bin were an option. As it is, one of the wealthiest men in the world is using his billions to impose a radical agenda on America."

Now....You may agree with all that but I don't and most real Americans don't.

Why would these activities be wrong, particularly in view of the funding activities of the anti-American right-wing billionaires in the U.S.?

you cant use bad behavior to justify other bad behavior,,,all it does is prove you know their behavior is bad

Nice attempt at deflection. So you are trying to slip out of accounting for trash like the Koch brothers, Betsy and Eric Prince/Devos (Betsy the fundie thief and rapist supporter and Eric the mercenary), and the rest. There has been a whole cadre of right-wing fascist billionaires funding attacks on the freedoms of Americans. Yes I do mean "fascists," as in people who want to install fascism and a dirty theocracy in place of the legitimate government of the people, by the people, and for the people.

and yet again you fail to state just one freedom being stolen,,,

and hate to break it to you buttercup but trump is the duly elected president of the USA

Women's freedom of reproductive choice and of religious freedom. Civil freedoms and religious freedoms of those who are LGBT, for starters. We are coping with the fact that the "duly elected president of the USA" is a whore and conman who hates the American People, and bows to putin and right-wing "religious" cults.

Hear ya go Tommy.....

2. Influence on U.S. elections: Soros once said that removing President George W. Bush from office in 2004 was the “central focus of my life.” He put his money where his mouth is, giving $23.58 million to various 527 groups dedicated to defeating Bush. His early financial support helped jump-start Barack Obama�??s political career. Soros hosted a 2004 fund-raiser for Obama when he was running for the Illinois Senate and gave the maximum-allowed contribution within hours of Obama�??s announcement that he was running for President.
3. Wants to curtail American sovereignty: Soros would like nothing better than for America to become subservient to international bodies. He wants more power for groups such as the World Bank and International Monetary Fund, even while saying the U.S. role in the IMF should be �??downsized.�?� In 1998, he wrote: �??Insofar as there are collective interests that transcend state boundaries, the sovereignty of states must be subordinated to international law and international institutions.�?�

Now....You may agree with all that but I don't and most real Americans don't.

Why would these activities be wrong, particularly in view of the funding activities of the anti-American right-wing billionaires in the U.S.?

you cant use bad behavior to justify other bad behavior,,,all it does is prove you know their behavior is bad

and yet again you fail to state just one freedom being stolen,,,

and hate to break it to you buttercup but trump is the duly elected president of the USA

Women's freedom of reproductive choice and of religious freedom. Civil freedoms and religious freedoms of those who are LGBT, for starters. We are coping with the fact that the "duly elected president of the USA" is a whore and conman who hates the American People, and bows to putin and right-wing "religious" cults.

there is no right to murder your own children , thats a privilege women have over men who have no choice to whether they have children,,,

and gay rights are special rights not human rights,, not to mention they have no religion

you have a very twisted view of what rights really are,

so its you and your leftist friends that are taking away rights and freedoms,,,

I've come across many people who dislike the orange whore. What lies have been told about him? Where are your "facts" about the right-winger billionaires trying to steal our country? Don't you know that most Americans live in densely populated areas? I can go out and round up ten people just on the block; real people, not farm animals.

There is no 'orange whore'....

Yes women are free to kill their own offspring. Congratulations!! :113: You must be so proud!! There is no 3rd sex. LGBT are fetishes. When did Trump say he hated the American People? You seem to be the one harboring all the hatred.

They only hate billionaires that support left wing causes. they do not hate billionaires who support right wing causes, like Sheldon Adelson, or the Koch Brothers, or the Walmart Walton family, or Robert Mercer who funded Trump's campaign behind the scenes with Briebart, and Kelly Ann Conway, Steve Bannon and Cambridge Analytica etc. etc. etc.

well considering left wing causes involve the destruction of freedom and implementation of socialism across the globe its a good cause to be against
nahhhh, they are just trying to get back, what was legally stolen from the middle class...

They only hate billionaires that support left wing causes. they do not hate billionaires who support right wing causes, like Sheldon Adelson, or the Koch Brothers, or the Walmart Walton family, or Robert Mercer who funded Trump's campaign behind the scenes with Briebart, and Kelly Ann Conway, Steve Bannon and Cambridge Analytica etc. etc. etc.

well considering left wing causes involve the destruction of freedom and implementation of socialism across the globe its a good cause to be against
nahhhh, they are just trying to get back, what was legally stolen from the middle class...

and that would be what??

and what about their actions against the 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th and 7th amendments,
the leftist and their friends from the right have been against them for decades

Oh look, another made up racist-classist Neo-Marxist phrase "middle class" applied to anyone the lefties want to brand as 'victims.'

Can you name some freedoms that the left wing destroys? I really can't name any right wing policies that help the average American, that's for sure.

Can you name some freedoms that the left wing destroys? I really can't name any right wing policies that help the average American, that's for sure.
we can start with the 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th and 8th amendments all of which the left wishs didnt exist

and its not the job of the fed gov to help the citizens,,,thats our job,,,
only useless people want the government to take care of them

we can start with the 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th and 8th amendments all of which the left wishs didnt exist

I don't see the left destroying these amendments although the 2nd is debatable and yeah, I don't want my neighbor to have a BAR either. Be more specific if you can. In the meantime, what policies do the republicans push that help the average guy? None that I see. The right wing is mostly for the very wealthy and corporations Sure, they make a big deal about the fetus and firearms, but that doesn't put food on the table or help you through the hard times and don't think average income republicans don't line up for food stamps and welfare when they're in need, either.

I don't see the left destroying these amendments although the 2nd is debatable and yeah, I don't want my neighbor to have a BAR either. Be more specific if you can. In the meantime, what policies do the republicans push that help the average guy? None that I see. The right wing is mostly for the very wealthy and corporations Sure, they make a big deal about the fetus and firearms, but that doesn't put food on the table or help you through the hard times and don't think average income republicans don't line up for food stamps and welfare when they're in need, either.
show me where in the constitution that states the feds need to take care of one group of people by stealing from another, its called general welfare not poor and lazy welfare

RWers understand that doesnt exist at the fed level and also know that humans can do for themselves if they try and choose not to coddle those that dont

you want welfare go to the states where it can be more effective and cost less

and you are either deaf and blind or ignorant if you cant see the lefts attacks on the constitution and bill of rights,,,
they are very open about it

I understand that many people dont like centre left politics and resent his support for the same.

But it is surely a positive thing that a rich man wants to help the poor and downtrodden ?

Is it because he is Jewish ?

There isn't anything wrong with Soros that a dose of strychnine wouldn't cure.

Just easy to pick out people to hate, instead of working on the problems in some sort of rational way.

I understand that many people dont like centre left politics and resent his support for the same.

But it is surely a positive thing that a rich man wants to help the poor and downtrodden ?

Is it because he is Jewish ?

Sorry, false premise.
He isn't "centre left". He is far, far, far left. Extremist. And a nazi. He is a non-observent Jew who helped kill his own people for profit.

show me where in the constitution that states the feds need to take care of one group of people by stealing from another, its called general welfare not poor and lazy welfare

RWers understand that doesnt exist at the fed level and also know that humans can do for themselves if they try and choose not to coddle those that dont

you want welfare go to the states where it can be more effective and cost less

and you are either deaf and blind or ignorant if you cant see the lefts attacks on the constitution and bill of rights,,,
they are very open about it

Probably the same place in the constitution where it says corporations are people. Don't look, it's not there but there is wording like 'of the people, by the people, for the people. What good is a country that can't do for it's individual citizens when they're in need? And we do plenty for the wealthy and the banks and corporations whenever they get in trouble and need bailouts, so kindly maybe quit your bitchin when a little guy gets a hand from uncle sam.

Forum List

Back