Why I changed my mind on weed

Baby killing and getting high.... The two thinks liberals will fight till the death for....

Ignorance, harebrained mythology and slavish addiction to labels .... The three things Thenatos owns....

But at least he shares.

... Oh, no thanks. I gotta drive.

there is nothing to justify you silly woman ..its part of the pleasures of life
wine,woman and song..to much of anything has its negatives but within reason its la part of the spice of life
I stand by my post earlier about the French study showing that marijuana has a proved factor of 3x more likely in fatal car crashes over all others.

over all other what ? drinkers ?..prescription drugs ?...where is the link ?
I left it in my link: http://www.usmessageboard.com/7663532-post193.html

I used a trusted source.

I stand by my post earlier about the French study showing that marijuana has a proved factor of 3x more likely in fatal car crashes over all others.

I used a trusted source.

From your link

marijuana's share of fatal crashes is much lower than those attributed to alcohol

Marijuana Raises Risk of Fatal Car Crash

The article is only saying that weed has been shown to have more car crashes then people who drive completely sober.

That will be true about people who : text & drive, Eat & Drive, Talk on Phone & Drive, Drink & Drive, Take prescribed drugs & drive, Drive while very tired.... etc etc

Driving completely sober and not distracted will always have less accidents and fatalities then all those others previously mentioned.

Article does not say it's worse then others mentioned in fact it says it is shown safer then drunk drivers.

all liberals are mentally impaired

every one of them?....

Yes
you have a point when it comes to the more far left of them.... Far Righties with your mind set are just as impaired as they are.....you both deserve each other.....if we can only find away to stick you fuckers on an Island somewhere and let you assholes kill each other off.....then some actual progress will be made to get things done in this Country....

Why I changed my mind on weed

Dr. Sanjay Gupta: Why I changed my mind on weed - CNN.com

CNN) -- Over the last year, I have been working on a new documentary called "Weed." The title "Weed" may sound cavalier, but the content is not.

I traveled around the world to interview medical leaders, experts, growers and patients. I spoke candidly to them, asking tough questions. What I found was stunning.

Long before I began this project, I had steadily reviewed the scientific literature on medical marijuana from the United States and thought it was fairly unimpressive. Reading these papers five years ago, it was hard to make a case for medicinal marijuana. I even wrote about this in a TIME magazine article, back in 2009, titled "Why I would Vote No on Pot."

I still encounter people who think Marijuana is a "gateway" drug.

Fact: Nothing in marijuana effects the part of the brain that would crave stimulus or lead to cocaine and/or meth addiction.

Cigarettes on the other hand...

People know so little about drugs (illegal and legal) and how they work.

Marijuana is non-addictive for the most part. 10% of habitual users experience mild to moderate depression when they stop using for a time.

BTY -- before they tried crack or heroine for the first time, most people were drinking alcohol to lower their inhibitions.

If pot worked for someone, they would never try other drugs. People who get addicted to cocaine and meth are people who are wired to crave that stimulative effect -- cigarettes give them their first taste of a drug that triggers that part of the brain.

I used a trusted source.

From your link

marijuana's share of fatal crashes is much lower than those attributed to alcohol

The article is only saying that weed has been shown to have more car crashes then people who drive completely sober.

That will be true about people who : text & drive, Eat & Drive, Talk on Phone & Drive, Drink & Drive, Take prescribed drugs & drive, Drive while very tired.... etc etc

Driving completely sober and not distracted will always have less accidents and fatalities then all those others previously mentioned.

Article does not say it's worse then others mentioned in fact it says it is shown safer then drunk drivers.

Actually, it doesn't say. I used the article to show 2 items drivers may not know about:

Dec. 1, 2005 - People who drive after using marijuana are nearly twice as likely to be involved in a fatal car crash.
French researchers studied all drivers involved in fatal car crashes over a two-year period and found 7% tested positive for marijuana, including nearly 3% who tested positive for a combination of marijuana and alcohol.
Although marijuana's share of fatal crashes is much lower than those attributed to alcohol, researchers say the results show that marijuana use, even in low doses, significantly increases the risk of fatal car accidents.
More Pot, More Deaths

In the study, published in the medical journal BMJ, researchers reviewed information on 10,748 drivers who were involved in fatal car crashes and took required tests for drugs and alcohol.
Twice as many drivers involved in fatal car accidents tested positive for marijuana compared with a group of other drivers.
Researchers say about 2.5% of the fatal crashes were attributable to marijuana compared with nearly 29% attributable to alcohol.
The study also showed that drivers who tested positive for marijuana were more than three times as likely to be responsible for the fatal car crash. Researchers say the likelihood of being at fault increased as the blood concentration of marijuana increased.

The only comparison says "
Twice as many drivers involved in fatal car accidents tested positive for marijuana compared with a group of other drivers."

"Compared with a group of other drivers" does not call to mind omitting drunk drivers.

That said, a lot more people drink than smoke marijuana. Marijuana, though is deadlier in a one-on-one way. Legalize it, people who would never use an illegal substance would use a legal one, thus raising the numbers across the board of users.

That said, you can predict that in another generation, following acceptance, your statistics are going to be egregious, if not potentially exponential.

Eh, we needed a chilling thought on a summer day anyhow. It's way too hot outside.

I used a trusted source.

From your link

Actually, it doesn't say. I used the article to show 2 items drivers may not know about:

Dec. 1, 2005 - People who drive after using marijuana are nearly twice as likely to be involved in a fatal car crash.
French researchers studied all drivers involved in fatal car crashes over a two-year period and found 7% tested positive for marijuana, including nearly 3% who tested positive for a combination of marijuana and alcohol.
Although marijuana's share of fatal crashes is much lower than those attributed to alcohol, researchers say the results show that marijuana use, even in low doses, significantly increases the risk of fatal car accidents.
More Pot, More Deaths

In the study, published in the medical journal BMJ, researchers reviewed information on 10,748 drivers who were involved in fatal car crashes and took required tests for drugs and alcohol.
Twice as many drivers involved in fatal car accidents tested positive for marijuana compared with a group of other drivers.
Researchers say about 2.5% of the fatal crashes were attributable to marijuana compared with nearly 29% attributable to alcohol.
The study also showed that drivers who tested positive for marijuana were more than three times as likely to be responsible for the fatal car crash. Researchers say the likelihood of being at fault increased as the blood concentration of marijuana increased.

Twice as many drivers involved in fatal car accidents tested positive for marijuana compared with a group of other drivers."

"Compared with a group of other drivers" does not call to mind omitting drunk drivers.

That said, a lot more people drink than smoke marijuana. Marijuana, though is deadlier in a one-on-one way. Legalize it, people who would never use an illegal substance would use a legal one, thus raising the numbers across the board of users.

That said, you can predict that in another generation, following acceptance, your statistics are going to be egregious, if not potentially exponential.

Eh, we needed a chilling thought on a summer day anyhow. It's way too hot outside.

Your article proves nothing beyond common sense. Naturally if you smoke pot you are at a higher risk for an accident...what moron would ever think otherwise?
That doesnt mean its more harmful than other substances or texting..

Failure her name is becki.

I used a trusted source.

From your link

More Pot, More Deaths

Your article said drunk drivers are more fatal than marijuana drivers and it points out sober driving is safest.

:cool:

I used a trusted source.

From your link

More Pot, More Deaths

Legalize it, people who would never use an illegal substance would use a legal one, thus raising the numbers across the board of users.

i dont agree Becki.....when i was in my smoking days....the guys i knew who did not do Pot.....did not smoke it even when it was right in front of them....so why would they suddenly start smoking because they lightened up the laws?....

80,000 deaths attributable to excessive alcohol
CDC - Fact Sheets-Alcohol Use And Health - Alcohol

2010 Drug Overdose Mortality Data In Detail as Reported By Paulozzi et al.4
Cause of death (Data from 2010 unless otherwise noted) Number
All Causes 2,468,435
Major Cardiovascular [Heart] Diseases 780,213
Malignant Neoplasms [Cancer] 574,743
Chronic Lower Respiratory Diseases 138,080
Accidents (Unintentional Injuries) [Total] 120,859
Motor Vehicle Accidents [subset of Total Accidents] 35,332
Diabetes 69,071
Drug-Induced Deaths1 40,393