What Happened to Weed Over the Past 30 Years?

Lord Long Rod

Diamond Member
Jan 17, 2023
I am not a drug user today. The most I ever did was take a drag off a J that was being passed around when I was with a group of people back in my late teens/early 20s. Even then I was drinking, so I cannot say for sure what I felt. The smoke definitely had a certain odor. Then all that kind of fell out of mind for me.

Fast forward to today. I am in my 50s. People will sometimes comment about the strong smell of weed on, or around, somebody. I guess I forgot what it smelled like. I also have allergy issues, but that has been mostly quelled due to years of allergy injections. One day recently I was at the Publix grocery store doing some shopping. These 2 young African-American women walked past me. The smell hit me in the face like a 2'x4' swung at me by Mark McGwire. It finally dawned on me: That is weed smell!! Then I realized I had been smelling this from time to time. It smells like shit, maybe seasoned with a healthy amount of paprika. Now I am noticing it more and more.

Here is the thing: I don't remember this shit smelling so strong back in the day. Yes, it had a distinct smell. But the shit I have been smelling and identifying as pot here lately is like chemical warfare. Has this shit changed or what? I have read about it being stronger now. But Goddamn, the smell is gross.

I don't smoke weed anymore never did on a regular basis but I know people who do and they say its never been cheaper than today...

I am not a drug user today. The most I ever did was take a drag off a J that was being passed around when I was with a group of people back in my late teens/early 20s. Even then I was drinking, so I cannot say for sure what I felt. The smoke definitely had a certain odor. Then all that kind of fell out of mind for me.

Fast forward to today. I am in my 50s. People will sometimes comment about the strong smell of weed on, or around, somebody. I guess I forgot what it smelled like. I also have allergy issues, but that has been mostly quelled due to years of allergy injections. One day recently I was at the Publix grocery store doing some shopping. These 2 young African-American women walked past me. The smell hit me in the face like a 2'x4' swung at me by Mark McGwire. It finally dawned on me: That is weed smell!! Then I realized I had been smelling this from time to time. It smells like shit, maybe seasoned with a healthy amount of paprika. Now I am noticing it more and more.

Here is the thing: I don't remember this shit smelling so strong back in the day. Yes, it had a distinct smell. But the shit I have been smelling and identifying as pot here lately is like chemical warfare. Has this shit changed or what? I have read about it being stronger now. But Goddamn, the smell is gross.
Ever see Breaking Bad? Think of weed growers as Walter Whites.

The weed today has at least 10 times the THC content as the nickel bags outside of Madison Square Garden. The seeds alone can cost $10 each!

I recommend the book “Brave New Weed”

• Banned
Ever see Breaking Bad? Think of weed growers as Walter Whites.

The weed today has at least 10 times the THC content as the nickel bags outside of Madison Square Garden. The seeds alone can cost $10 each!

I recommend the book “Brave New Weed”
It is just CRAZY how strong it smells. But I guess if it is stronger now it makes sense that it would be more pungent too.

They have engineered the narcotic into a mega-potent series of strains, often approaching 14-20% THC content, whereas in your youth, the garden variety Mexican weed most American kids cut their teeth on was around 2-3.5% THC content, with the most potent natural strains such as Columbian, running at around 4-5%, Thai-Stick around 6%. BTW, those strains are now all but extinct, they followed the Hawaiian model and specifically bred the plants into "seedless" strains, containing vastly more THC than the stuff you were exposed to as a kid! Its far more dangerous today, with psychotic episodes running much higher than back in the day.... In other words, they took a very mild strain which was all but harmless, and nuked it into a ridiculously over-powered experience, that is now an extremely dangerous substance! An example of the risk of psychotic disorder erupting within the marijuana culture,

There's no need to smuggle it anymore, so it gets to the end consumer in a vastly different condition and higher quality than the brick weed of yesteryear.

They have engineered the narcotic into a mega-potent series of strains, often approaching 14-20% THC content, whereas in your youth, the garden variety Mexican weed most American kids cut their teeth on was around 2-3.5% THC content, with the most potent natural strains such as Columbian, running at around 4-5%, Thai-Stick around 6%. BTW, those strains are now all but extinct, they followed the Hawaiian model and specifically bred the plants into "seedless" strains, containing vastly more THC than the stuff you were exposed to as a kid! Its far more dangerous today, with psychotic episodes running much higher than back in the day.... In other words, they took a very mild strain which was all but harmless, and nuked it into a ridiculously over-powered experience, that is now an extremely dangerous substance!
Again, a product of growing in controlled conditions, instead of outdoors.

There's no magical weed alchemy fairy that suddenly made it more potent.

Your main point is in making up the story to be about two ' young African black' women.
You want to get back to demeaning women but you have a dilemma preventing you. It must be two weeks by now.

Just go for it Rod.

Your main point is in making up the story to be about two ' young African black' women.
You want to get back to demeaning women but you have a dilemma preventing you. It must be two weeks by now.

Just go for it Rod.
No, it was completely true, Dom Don, you deranged fucktard.

I don't smoke weed anymore never did on a regular basis but I know people who do and they say its never been cheaper than today...
Nah. The days of the 3/4 oz lid decent Mexican for $15 bucks is a thing of the 70s. It certain is not available in Colorado in the legal stores. They talk about it being so much better now. It is not. But, people act like it is. Did you see the story of the 32-year-old woman in California, that got 100 hours of community service for stabbing her boyfriend 100 times, to death, with a butcher knife and claimed 2 hits off a bong triggered a psychotic break? Bullsh#t!

Nah. The days of the 3/4 oz lid decent Mexican for $15 bucks is a thing of the 70s. It certain is not available in Colorado in the legal stores. They talk about it being so much better now. It is not. But, people act like it is. Did you see the story of the 32-year-old woman in California, that got 100 hours of community service for stabbing her boyfriend 100 times, to death, with a butcher knife and claimed 2 hits off a bong triggered a psychotic break? Bullsh#t!
You are going way back before I knew what pot was... But when it was illegal in CA it was expensive as hell... like an 8th for $200... now my friend here in AZ gets a full ounce for less...

It is just CRAZY how strong it smells. But I guess if it is stronger now it makes sense that it would be more pungent too.
These so much science that going into the breeding today! My wife and I restarted a few years ago and I had to make a “Strains Deb likes” list because she’s very sensitive to variations, some of them are just awful for her

Rod was talking about the smell on the bodies of the two black women. That's the reason why we need to know what his motive is.

I think that's proof enough that it was about two black women.

In the early 70s I was busted for being in a place...after being pulled over for a inoperative headlight. A friend in the car liked patchouli oil and had some on. The cop smelled the oil and equated to pot. No pot had been smoked in the car, but it was good enough for a search and my friend had some pot in his pocket, so off to jail we went. What you smelled may have been patchouli--some strong pot smells like you have a skunk in your midst though.

it shirley is. back in the day, a joint could easily be enjoyed by a single person. not today.

Rod was talking about the smell on the bodies of the two black women. That's the reason why we need to know what his motive is.

I think that's proof enough that it was about two black women.
^ 🤪

Forum List

Back