Why I am Catholic

To each his own, I am starting a online Hebrew course of the Bible
That's great. What's your take on the 1st two chapters of Genesis? Can you thumbnail it for me?

Anyone can read the Bible - at least anyone that knows how to read - not everyone can interpret what it means.

That's great. What's your take on the 1st two chapters of Genesis? Can you thumbnail it for me?

Anyone can read the Bible - at least anyone that knows how to read - not everyone can interpret what it means.
The only ones that can comprehend what the Bible says are the ones that have the holy ghost in them... The God of this age has blinded the minds of the non believers ...

The only ones that can comprehend what the Bible says are the ones that have the holy ghost in them... The God of this age has blinded the minds of the non believers ...
Let's see if I do then.

Here's what Genesis Chapters 1 & 2 tell us:

1. God created existence
2. Everything he created is good
3. What he created was done in steps
4. Man is a product of that creation
5. Man is unlike any other creature in creation; only man has knowledge of good and evil
6. Man is made in God’s image in that he is a being which knows and creates
7. Man was told to go forth and be fruitful
8. Man was told to do as the original creator; to create for 6 days and then rest
9. Man knows right from wrong
10. Rather than abandoning the concept of right and wrong when man does wrong, he rationalizes he didn’t do wrong
11. Successful behaviors naturally lead to success
12. Failed behaviors naturally lead to failure
13. Pass it down to the next generation.

Let's see if I do then.

Here's what Genesis Chapters 1 & 2 tell us:

1. God created existence
2. Everything he created is good
3. What he created was done in steps
4. Man is a product of that creation
5. Man is unlike any other creature in creation; only man has knowledge of good and evil
6. Man is made in God’s image in that he is a being which knows and creates
7. Man was told to go forth and be fruitful
8. Man was told to do as the original creator; to create for 6 days and then rest
9. Man knows right from wrong
10. Rather than abandoning the concept of right and wrong when man does wrong, he rationalizes he didn’t do wrong
11. Successful behaviors naturally lead to success
12. Failed behaviors naturally lead to failure
13. Pass it down to the next generation.
That sounds like something a atheist would post.

That sounds like something a atheist would post.
Ok, then why don't you tell me your interpretation of Genesis Chapters 1 and 2?

It easier to criticize what you don't believe than it is to state what you do believe. That's why you see so many people doing it.

Ok, then why don't you tell me your interpretation of Genesis Chapters 1 and 2?

It easier to criticize what you don't believe than it is to state what you do believe. That's why you see so many people doing it.
Where to start? Genesis 1 and 2 has so many topics...

Most importantly man was created in OUR image...

And who was the first woman?

Where to start? Genesis 1 and 2 has so many topics...

Most importantly man was created in OUR image...

And who was the first woman?
Dude, I boiled it down to like 13 things. Start where ever you want. Like I said before, anyone who can read can read the Bible. Not everyone who reads the Bible can understand what the authors intended to convey. What is it that you think the authors of Genesis 1 and 2 were trying to convey. I already told you what I thought the authors intended to convey. Now it's your turn.

Dude, I boiled it down to like 13 things. Start where ever you want. Like I said before, anyone who can read can read the Bible. Not everyone who reads the Bible can understand what the authors intended to convey. What is it that you think the authors of Genesis 1 and 2 were trying to convey. I already told you what I thought the authors intended to convey. Now it's your turn.
No you posted like an atheist would post it, like I said. No one that has the holy spirit in them would define it that way.

Kind of personal don't you think? ( you would if you had the holy spirit in you and not blinded by the god of this age)
It's super odd that after you bragged about how much you know about the Bible that you can't even summarize Genesis chapters 1 & 2.

Forum List

Back