Why don’t republicans seem to understand the consequences of tax cuts?

You need to do some due diligence beggar….your Kenyan King doubled the national debt and put millions more on the taxpayer tit……Trump’s Treasury, under the Trump tax cuts took in record revenues.
No....I've already done the math.

You don't even know where to look for the numbers.

• Winner
Reactions: BWK
No....I've already done the math.

You don't even know where to look for the numbers.
Hahaha….you beggars look to CNN for all your “numbers”……nobody takes beggars seriously on fiscal matters such as these. Sorry bud….tell your pet humans to PAY THEIR OWN WAY!

Hahaha….you beggars look to CNN for all your “numbers”……nobody takes beggars seriously on fiscal matters such as these. Sorry bud….tell your pet humans to PAY THEIR OWN WAY!
FRED.

That's where you'll find the numbers..

Once you've done so, hollaback and I'll explain how to use this to do the math - 'k?

Financial Calculators

In his autobiography, The Age of Turbulence: Adventures in a New World (Penguin Press), Greenspan, 81, makes clear that his patron Ronald Reagan, who appointed him to head the U.S. central bank board in 1987, was a reckless steward of the nation's finances, eclipsed in economic irresponsibility by current president George W. Bush.

Clinton was in a fiscal bind when he came to power in 1993, and the record deficits of Reagan and George H.W. Bush put him there. "The hard truth was that Reagan had borrowed from Clinton, and Clinton was having to pay it back," Greenspan writes. "I was impressed that he did not seem to be trying to fudge reality to the extent politicians ordinarily do. He was forcing himself to live in the real world."

The 1993 deficit-fighting Clinton budget that kicked off the greatest economic boom in U.S. history, and passed the U.S. House of Representatives without a single G.O.P. vote in favour, was "an act of political courage," says Greenspan, no doubt mindful it wasn't popular with left-wing members of the Democratic Party, either.

Opinion | Greenspan is Clinton's unlikely defender

NOOOOOOOO, AL....YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT! - some douche on the Internet...

First, lets get on the same page….what numbers am I looking for exactly?
I kinda need to know this so I can show you how you framed and massaged things to yield what you desired.
Growth rate of Federal Spending per administration.

It’s a pretty basic concept. If spending is not adequately cut and taxes are cut (something republicans do), this means that there is less revenue to pay for spending. If bewilders me how republicans think you can cut taxes and think it doesn’t have consequences. We know it has consequences because the deficit blew up under Trump.

Oh and news flash: trickle down economics is not a real thing. Why would corporations bother investing in labor when it is easier for them to just keep the huge amount of money they save from tax cuts? After all their profits are already at an all time high.

Can’t speak to all of them, but ones I know are linear thinkers and lack empathy.

Sooner or later you will have to cut the bloated spending the government does .
I hope “ we” includes both sides. Conservatives never have while still giving out those massive recession inducing tax cuts and deregulation.

Bri,

We've gone over this.

You don't know anything.

Origins of the Reagan Deficits: Hoisted from the Archives
you're citing some nobody leftwinger?

That is exactly what Grifty has done.

Do you know what a Conservation Easement is?

Reagan made up the IRS code?

On spending, Reagan’s original February 1981 plan proposed enough cuts to bring outlays down to 19.3 percent of GDP by 1984 and balance the budget. With a Congress unwilling to make serious cuts, the deficit remained high and spending was stuck at over 22 percent until the late 1980s.
In other words, House Democrats demanded all the spending in the budget.

Cutting taxes and regulations causes recessions? Tell me more!!!
Bet your asteroid. Instead of putting a question mark on that, you need to check history. Massive gop congress controlled tax cuts Pre emptEd their recessions. They have a 10-1 advantage in recessions.

On spending, Reagan’s original February 1981 plan proposed enough cuts to bring outlays down to 19.3 percent of GDP by 1984 and balance the budget. With a Congress unwilling to make serious cuts, the deficit remained high and spending was stuck at over 22 percent until the late 1980s.
Reagan never had a Republican Congress.

Dimwingers conveniently ignore this fact.

Bet your asteroid. Instead of putting a question mark on that, you need to check history. Massive gop congress controlled tax cuts Pre emptEd their recessions. They have a 10-1 advantage in recessions.
Can you list one recession that immediately followed a tax cut.

Why don't you Google the name first...

Does that make any reference to the growth of components of discretionary spending during the period?

Forum List

Back