The Republicans have a plan to pay for their tax cuts.

True. You folks have enough problems just being you, without having smart conservatives right there on hand to mock you and laugh at you. Having us do it from a distance is bad enough.

“Smart conservatives”?

A moron’s oxymoron.

Which is a pretty good reason why so many of us wouldn't live there if God Almighty Himself told us to.
Good!

Last thing we need is your kind living among us.

True. You folks have enough problems just being you, without having smart conservatives right there on hand to mock you and laugh at you. Having us do it from a distance is bad enough.

He's right. When a business dares pack up and leave NY after they get fed up with the ridiculous NY taxes NY spits venom at the business, says good riddance. General Electric once employed 70,000 workers in a small NY city. A huge campus. The city latched into General Electric with vampire fangs and tried to suck them dry. General Electric got fed up, demolished all but 2 of the buildings and move 68,000 jobs to other states. Then the city went bankrupt.

150 k is nothing today. Functional at best.

I guess that might depend on where you live. I make much less than 75K, and I have a healthy IRA, real estate investments and easily able to pay my bills.

Let's face it, most Americans have an inflated notion of how much they actually need. If someone has a 4 br, 2000+ sq ft house for just him/herself and a spouse and buys a new car every few years, I don't want to hear how their income isn't enough to allow them to take care of their own healthcare and put money away in savings or investments.

I'm not begrudging anyone having whatever they want, if they can pay for it. But I very much begrudge them the whining afterwards about how they don't make enough to live on.

I was originally telling him about a 150K income family, and he replied that 75K each was barely enough to live on. I don't know where that's barely enough to live on because I realize our cost of living is much lower than the northeast states and Cali. But I would hardly consider 150K a year family income barely enough to get by on. Hell, if I made 150K a year since I started working, I would have retired at 50 years old comfortably.

I lived in NY, most people have no idea the extent NY hits you with taxes and fees and tolls there is virtually nothing they don't tax. Property taxes on a $200k house over $13,000. Hell NY taxes your home mortgage loan and if you dare re-fi they tax you again full boat.

I used to listen to the Howard Stern show when it was good. Listening to them talk, they have to tip everybody. They have to tip the bus driver, their door man, their garbage man, the elevator man, their mailman. They tip the hotdog vendor. I don't know how anybody could live like that and have to take a cab everywhere they go to boot. I could never afford to give away cash like that on a daily basis.

About ten years ago I rented a very small house of mine to some kid from NY. At the time, I was charging him $450.00 a month for rent. He told me that if that very same house was anywhere near NYC, I would be able to charge $1,200 a month and have a waiting list to get in.

NY taxes are bad, but then NYC slaps a heap more taxes on top of that. NJ is no better. These states have been corrupted for over 100 years its rooted.

Which is a pretty good reason why so many of us wouldn't live there if God Almighty Himself told us to.
Good!

He's right. When a business dares pack up and leave NY after they get fed up with the ridiculous NY taxes NY spits venom at the business, says good riddance. General Electric once employed 70,000 workers in a small NY city. A huge campus. The city latched into General Electric with vampire fangs and tried to suck them dry. General Electric got fed up, demolished all but 2 of the buildings and move 68,000 jobs to other states. Then the city went bankrupt.
compensation for capitalism's natural rate of unemployment could have prevented that.

I guess that might depend on where you live. I make much less than 75K, and I have a healthy IRA, real estate investments and easily able to pay my bills.

Let's face it, most Americans have an inflated notion of how much they actually need. If someone has a 4 br, 2000+ sq ft house for just him/herself and a spouse and buys a new car every few years, I don't want to hear how their income isn't enough to allow them to take care of their own healthcare and put money away in savings or investments.

I'm not begrudging anyone having whatever they want, if they can pay for it. But I very much begrudge them the whining afterwards about how they don't make enough to live on.

I was originally telling him about a 150K income family, and he replied that 75K each was barely enough to live on. I don't know where that's barely enough to live on because I realize our cost of living is much lower than the northeast states and Cali. But I would hardly consider 150K a year family income barely enough to get by on. Hell, if I made 150K a year since I started working, I would have retired at 50 years old comfortably.

I lived in NY, most people have no idea the extent NY hits you with taxes and fees and tolls there is virtually nothing they don't tax. Property taxes on a $200k house over $13,000. Hell NY taxes your home mortgage loan and if you dare re-fi they tax you again full boat.

I used to listen to the Howard Stern show when it was good. Listening to them talk, they have to tip everybody. They have to tip the bus driver, their door man, their garbage man, the elevator man, their mailman. They tip the hotdog vendor. I don't know how anybody could live like that and have to take a cab everywhere they go to boot. I could never afford to give away cash like that on a daily basis.

About ten years ago I rented a very small house of mine to some kid from NY. At the time, I was charging him $450.00 a month for rent. He told me that if that very same house was anywhere near NYC, I would be able to charge $1,200 a month and have a waiting list to get in.

NY taxes are bad, but then NYC slaps a heap more taxes on top of that. NJ is no better. These states have been corrupted for over 100 years its rooted.

I understand a pack of cigarettes there cost $13.00. That means a carton costs $130.00, and most of that is taxes.

The OP's chart is grossly misleading (pun intended). It's using gross dollar amounts instead of percentages. If you look at the percentages of the tax cuts, you'll quickly see that the biggest RATE reductions were in the second, third, and fourth tax brackets. If you make $50K and I cut your taxes by 12%, and if Joe Blow makes $600K and I cut his taxes by 2%, who got the better deal? You did, even though Joe Blow gets more money back only because he makes so much more and was paying so much more than you do.

And I know that OP's chart does not factor in the huge impact of the $10K cap that the Trump tax cuts have imposed on deductions for state and local taxes (SALT). That cap hits the top two brackets to the tune of at least tens of thousands of dollars in lost SALT deductions, which they will now have to cover out-of-pocket.

I understand a pack of cigarettes there cost $13.00. That means a carton costs $130.00, and most of that is taxes.
smoking cigarettes also increases social costs.

Good!

When Limbaugh finally left they did the same thing to him. They told him don't let the door hit him in the ass on the way out.

After he left, he kept a studio in NYC in case he needed to broadcast while on business or visiting people. They tried to tax him as if he stayed there year round. They made him go to court and audit after audit until they couldn't do anything to him because he lived in his Florida mansion.

So he got rid of the studio and any and all ties to NYC just for that reason.

And NY taxpayers don't get much for all that money they pay. NY is very corrupt. The taxpayer money flows to political patronage jobs, no show jobs, taxpayer funded pension scams, multiple overlapping layers of government and services on the same plot square mile of land its incredible.

Ain't THAT the damned truth.

150 k is nothing today. Functional at best.

Remember the "Friends" episode where Ross was trying to get the apartment across from the main set . . . oops, apartment? All the crazy bribes the guy was getting? As utterly bizarre as that seems to people who live anywhere else, that actually was not a joke.

Hell, out here you just drive by one of the reservations and buy a carton for about that. No taxes on the rez.

Hell, out here you just drive by one of the reservations and buy a carton for about that. No taxes on the rez.

Actually we used to buy them via mail through the reservations, and DumBama put a stop to all that. Afterwards he placed a tax on those roll-your-own cigarettes shops and put them all out of business.

Remember the "Friends" episode where Ross was trying to get the apartment across from the main set . . . oops, apartment? All the crazy bribes the guy was getting? As utterly bizarre as that seems to people who live anywhere else, that actually was not a joke.

Some of the people that worked for Stern talked about that. One was describing how he was paying $900.00 a month and that was just his share for the three people who lived there. They didn't even have a private bathroom. They had one bathroom for the entire floor. The way he described it, it was like living in a shoebox with other people. He considered himself fortunate that he found the place.

Its worse than that, not only are cigarettes taxed to the hilt, they arrest poor people who buy a pack outside of the city then sell them 1 at a time on the street to make a buck.

Good!

When Limbaugh finally left they did the same thing to him. They told him don't let the door hit him in the ass on the way out.

After he left, he kept a studio in NYC in case he needed to broadcast while on business or visiting people. They tried to tax him as if he stayed there year round. They made him go to court and audit after audit until they couldn't do anything to him because he lived in his Florida mansion.

Yep Rush is a prime example of how they drive people and businesses out of the state and their attitude if you leave. Its sounds incredibly stupid to normal people, screw people over until they just pack up and leave then you get $0.00 in tax revenue, that's pretty stupid, but these are tax and spend Dem's we are talking about they are dumb as a post.

Actually we used to buy them via mail through the reservations, and DumBama put a stop to all that. Afterwards he placed a tax on those roll-your-own cigarettes shops and put them all out of business.

Here's how freaking STUPID Democrats are. When video arcade games appeared a bunch of mom and pop video arcades sprung up in my blue Dem run state and were doing well. Then the Dem vampires came rushing in and slapped a $25 a machine annual tax (cough license) on each machine. Then they raised it to $50, then $100, then a whopping $500 per machine. These machines were expensive and now the business had to make an additional $500 per machine before they earned a dime of profit. They all went bust, bankrupt. That's how freaking STUPID Democrats are.

Good!

Yep Rush is a prime example of how they drive people and businesses out of the state and their attitude if you leave. Its sounds incredibly stupid to normal people, screw people over until they just pack up and leave then you get $0.00 in tax revenue, that's pretty stupid, but these are tax and spend Dem's we are talking about they are dumb as a post.

You've listened to them talk. They think people should not only meekly act as their cash cows, but be grateful for the opportunity. If you aren't, you're "greedy".

Good!

You've listened to them talk. They think people should not only meekly act as their cash cows, but be grateful for the opportunity. If you aren't, you're "greedy".
and don't forget that if you vote in line with your own self interests you are selfish as well

Forum List

Back