Why doesn't meat help meat eaters be healthy?

I liked that vegan food which the whole household had to endure, the vegan cook being in charge. It was very nice.

But one day, three of us drove to Chick fil A, in desperation.

Bullshit.

You're the one who said there are radical vegans and that's your problem

News Flash there are radical in every group but an intelligent person realizes that the radicals are the minority and do not speak for all
Do you deny there are radical vegans demanding we eat that shit? Radical vegans exist. Yes?

Do you think I inferred ALL vegans are radicals? Lol. Maybe you’ve got Alzheimers, from all those chemicals you’re consuming.

Do you deny there are radical vegans demanding we eat that shit? Radical vegans exist. Yes?

Do you think I inferred ALL vegans are radicals? Lol. Maybe you’ve got Alzheimers, from all those chemicals you’re consuming.
Where did I deny it?

You are equating that with all vegans

I might not be saving an animal but at least I am not the cause of the suffering of any animals.

And I have a feeling I'll live longer than most meat eaters so it's you that are being sacrificed to the meat industry not me.
My experience is the opposite of yours, I quit eating carbs and went keto, I am healthier and I lost pounds, my blood pressure went down, my good cholesterol is way up, my bad is down, my electrolytes are in balance and I lost weight. I am happy you are happy but I am happy I found this diet, it has helped me.

My experience is the opposite of yours, I quit eating carbs and went keto, I am healthier and I lost pounds, my blood pressure went down, my good cholesterol is way up, my bad is down, my electrolytes are in balance and I lost weight. I am happy you are happy but I am happy I found this diet, it has helped me.
The Keto lifestyle is very healthy. Black coffee is also good for you when consumed in moderation.

The Keto lifestyle is very healthy. Black coffee is also good for you when consumed in moderation.

I drink one cup of coffee every morning and then water the rest of the day. I am at the point where other liquids don’t appeal to me anymore.

You can do keto without eating meat too. You'd be eating unsaturated fats which are considered to be healthier than saturated fats from animal products.

I might not be saving an animal but at least I am not the cause of the suffering of any animals.

And I have a feeling I'll live longer than most meat eaters so it's you that are being sacrificed to the meat industry not me.
buttercup

Veggies are full of anti-nutrients and tons of carbs which can cause inflammation in the body and the many beneficial nutrients (vitamins and minerals) are NOT bio-available.

Read the study he discusses in this video.

Just food for thought. If being vegan works for you, more power to you.

We truly are living in upside-down world. It is surreal to me that things are so screwed up that we have people who actually believe fruits, veggies and true food from the Earth is bad, but rotting corpses are good! But hey, you do you. :dunno:

All I can say is that Isaiah 5:20 comes to mind when I read some of the comments here.

Actually they don't

I find that my friends are upset with me for having gone vegan. When I went plant based I didn't tell anyone but of course it became obvious to everyone and to a person they all got on my case about it

Why is it meat eaters feel threatened when a person gives up meat?

Personally I did it for health reasons at first because even though I was fit and healthy I still had high blood pressure and cholesterol and I wanted to get off of the medications within 6 months of going plant based I did just that and I have more energy can work out longer at with more intensity and have better recovery times and less joint pains

After a while It became more of an ethical choice for me because I realized that I was glad not to be adding to the suffering of billions of animals

This is so true, and I can vouch that what you said happens when people go vegan!

Last time I went to a big family get together, a bunch of my relatives gave me a hard time about being vegan. They made it clear that they believe my view is wrong, and a couple of them wanted to argue, but not in a good way...it was really disappointing and by the end of the weekend I felt like an outcast. It's like your very presence becomes a problem for people, once you go vegan...and I think you touched on part of the reason why in post #461. It's because on some level they must know how horrible factory farms are, so the very presence of a vegan (even if we're not saying much but just being there) pricks their conscience, because veganism IS an ethical stance....as opposed to a mere diet, like some people incorrectly believe.

Last edited:
What I was just posting about in agreement with Blues Man just brought to mind this great clip. I mean, seriously, this sort of mindset exists. It's funny because it's true. :lol:

Actually they don't

I find that my friends are upset with me for having gone vegan. When I went plant based I didn't tell anyone but of course it became obvious to everyone and to a person they all got on my case about it

Why is it meat eaters feel threatened when a person gives up meat?

Personally I did it for health reasons at first because even though I was fit and healthy I still had high blood pressure and cholesterol and I wanted to get off of the medications within 6 months of going plant based I did just that and I have more energy can work out longer at with more intensity and have better recovery times and less joint pains

After a while It became more of an ethical choice for me because I realized that I was glad not to be adding to the suffering of billions of animals
You just did the same thing.

Luke 24:40-43
And when He had said this, He showed them His hands and His feet. While they still could not believe it because of their joy and amazement, He said to them, “Have you anything here to eat?” They gave Him a piece of a broiled fish;

Didn't someone say Jesus didn't eat meat? Can anyone explain this scripture?

Romans 14:2-3 “One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables. The man who eats everything must not look down on him who does not, and the man who does not eat everything must not condemn the man who does, for God has accepted him.”

I think it is irrelevant if you eat meat or not, at least God believes so.

5d6d343fdc3735f2c9c4dca3407ce509b2552ac2328da6526d09d07ce0fe104e_1.jpg

~S~

Forum List

Back