Why doesn't meat help meat eaters be healthy?

People in the Bible ate meat all the time. Is vegetarianism even mentioned?

Our original God-given diet was 100% plant-based. (Genesis 1:29) According to the Bible, flesh eating wasn't even a thing until over 1600 years later, after the flood. It is a product of this fallen corrupted world, not God's perfect will. In fact, according to the book of Enoch, the origin of flesh eating is demonic. But that's a topic for a whole other thread.

Also, as someone else already stated on this thread, people did not eat as much meat back then as they do today. And there certainly were not factory farms back then the way it is today... and it is truly diabolical. Believers have always been told to choose MERCY, and consuming animal products in today's world is not at all compatible with mercy.

Although doctors say that meat is healthy, I do not know anyone who would benefit from meat-eating to be healthy. For example, my neighbor, a meat-eater, has disgusting skin, cellulite, and hardly climbs to the 3rd floor, and she is only 30. Plus she smells like dog.
Maybe she is affected by ptomaine in her intestines? Why can't meat eaters be healthy even though they have a "healthy diet"?
Why do vegans always denigrate others for eating meat?

There you go again. Exactly what I said in my very last post.

Pot/kettle and mirrors come to mind.

But IF they do, it is because the see something you are unwilling to see -- the incredible cruelty

Our original God-given diet was 100% plant-based. (Genesis 1:29) According to the Bible, flesh eating wasn't even a thing until over 1600 years later,
This is understood by TENS OF MILLIONS of 7th Day Adventists and a few other sects. And some of us came to understand this simply from the Bible itself

Part of that was because most people back then were dirt poor peasants perpetually on the brink of starvation
The "Bible" is a book/s telling the story of a FALLEN WORLD and God's Plan for redemption.

Pointing out that a lot/most people in this fallen world do something does not mean it is God's will for Mankind.

There you go again. Exactly what I said in my very last post.

Pot/kettle and mirrors come to mind.

But IF they do, it is because the see something you are unwilling to see -- the incredible cruelty
I did not denigrate vegans for their diet choice.

This mirrors so closely the abortion argument.
Even bringing up some of the facts of the meat industry elicits the exact same response a pro- lifer will get whe he exposes the brutality of abortion. You'll be accused of Forcing your beliefs on the opposing side.

I always laugh at how ONE side (abortionist s and meat eaters) alone thinks they have a right to express an opinion and their "facts" but if the other side (pro-life, vegan) expresses their facts, they're "imposingly" their will on others.

We have debates in this country. Debates and providing information is NOT "imposing your will on anyone else.

Like her, I only hope my arguments make sense to the 1% who have "ears to hear."

There is no law by God to not eat meat, so I have a clear conscience. It is my choice, it isn’t a sin, abortion is condemned in the Bible. I’m all for people choosing to be vegan or vegetarian, if that is what you want.

The "Bible" is a book/s telling the story of a FALLEN WORLD and God's Plan for redemption.

Pointing out that a lot/most people in this fallen world do something does not mean it is God's will for Mankind.
I dunno, God felt free to lay out a million rules for daily living and never once says we should be vegan or vegetarian. I glean from that He doesn’t really give a shit if we’re vegan or meat eaters.

I dunno, God felt free to lay out a million rules for daily living and never once says we should be vegan or vegetarian. I glean from that He doesn’t really give a shit if we’re vegan or meat eaters.

That is blatantly, demonstrably false. Did you completely miss my previous post to you? (Post #441)

God DID tell us to be plantbased on Day One - that was God's design and intent which was clearly stated in Genesis 1:29-30... the very first chapter of the very first book of the Bible!

Not only is God's intent clearly stated in the beginning, but it is also stated in the scriptures about the future, when God restores that peaceful world that was HIS design and intent in the first place!

The cruel world that exists between the beginning and the end is a result of sin in this fallen world, temporary, and NOT what God wants.

Do you really think a God of love wants His beloved creation (humans and innocent animals) to be at each other's throats in a continual brutal bloodbath?

Read these 2 passages below carefully, and let it sink in that this is God's perfect will for all of creation.

Beginning:

Then God said, “I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds in the sky and all the creatures that move along the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food.” And it was so.

God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the sixth day.

Genesis 1:29-31

And the end:

The wolf will live with the lamb,
and the leopard will lie down with the goat.
The calf, the young lion, and the fatling will be together,
and a child will lead them.
The cow and the bear will graze,
their young ones will lie down together,
and the lion will eat straw like the ox.
An infant will play beside the cobra’s pit,
and a toddler will put his hand into a snake’s den.

None will harm or destroy another
on My entire holy mountain,
for the land will be as full
of the knowledge of the Lord
as the sea is filled with water.

Isaiah 11:6-9

In addition to that, there are tons of scriptures commanding us to be MERCIFUL (and as I said before, participating in the animal industries is incompatible with mercy) and tons of other commands that if we are to obey them, preclude flesh eating. The command to love, to live at peace and do not cause harm, to be selfless not selfish, etc, etc.

I mean, I don't know if you're a Christian (if you're not I don't expect you to believe or agree with everything I just posted) but one would have to be willfully blind and determined to not see the big picture, because once you put it all together, it is crystal clear. At least for anyone with eyes to see, as DA said.

Last edited:
That is blatantly, demonstrably false. Did you completely miss my previous post to you? (Post #441)

God DID tell us to be plantbased on Day One - that was God's design and intent which was clearly stated in Genesis 1:29-30... the very first chapter of the very first book of the Bible!

Not only is God's intent clearly stated in the beginning, but it is also stated in the scriptures about the future, when God restores that peaceful world that was HIS design and intent in the first place!

The cruel world that exists between the beginning and the end is a result of sin in this fallen world, temporary, and NOT what God wants.

Do you really think a God of love wants His beloved creation (humans and innocent animals) to be at each other's throats in a continual brutal bloodbath?

Read these 2 passages below carefully, and let it sink in that this is God's perfect will for all of creation.

Beginning:

Then God said, “I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds in the sky and all the creatures that move along the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food.” And it was so.

God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the sixth day.

Genesis 1:29-31

And the end:

The wolf will live with the lamb,
and the leopard will lie down with the goat.
The calf, the young lion, and the fatling will be together,
and a child will lead them.
The cow and the bear will graze,
their young ones will lie down together,
and the lion will eat straw like the ox.
An infant will play beside the cobra’s pit,
and a toddler will put his hand into a snake’s den.

None will harm or destroy another
on My entire holy mountain,
for the land will be as full
of the knowledge of the Lord
as the sea is filled with water.

Isaiah 11:6-9

In addition to that, that are literally hundreds of clear scriptures commanding us to be MERCIFUL (and as I said before, participating in the animal industries is incompatible with mercy) and tons of other commands that if we are to obey them, preclude flesh eating. The command to love, to live at peace and do not cause harm, to be selfless not selfish, etc, etc.

I mean, I don't know if you're a Christian (if you're not I don't expect you to believe or agree with everything I just posted) but one would have to be willfully blind and determined to not see the big picture, because once you put it all together, it is crystal clear. At least for anyone with eyes to see, as DA said.
Why did God then let his son feed fishes to people?

Why did God then let his son feed fishes to people?

When Jesus Himself later recounted that incident, He did not say anything about fish, only the loaves. (Matthew 16:8-10) And if you do the research, a couple early Christian historians made no mention of fish, only the loaves. So I think it is very likely that that particular story was later edited. I think Jesus would have said "fishes and the loaves" when recalling that miracle if that's what it actually was.

When Jesus Himself later recounted that incident, He did not say anything about fish, only the loaves. (Matthew 16:8-10) And if you do the research, a couple early Christian historians made no mention of fish, only the loaves. So I think it is very likely that that particular story was later edited. I think Jesus would have said "fishes and the loaves" when recalling that miracle if that's what it actually was.
Just because He didn't mention fishes doesn't mean it didn't happen. It's obvious that meat eating has been normal for humans since the dawn of time. If you don't like meat, don't eat it and keep your mouth shut about what other people chose to eat. Why do some Vegans try to proselytize their eating habits? Hell, you just tried to tie your eating habits to Jesus!!!

Jesus spoke of 3 Ages of Man on this earth.
1. The Age/World before the Flood
2. This Present Evil World/Age
3. The World/Age to Come

That is the language He used. In the first and last Age it appears "we" will not be killing and consuming the carcasses of God's other created beings. It is only taking place in the Age God calls "this present Evil Age"

Even if I am wrong, does God condemn my choice to live my life as a citizen of His Kingdom, respecting and loving all His creation? For me, it is my understanding and how I choose to live the rest of my life. It's not even hard. It's just what I choose to do

Several of His disciples were fishermen. He helped them catch fish.
Also, I believe that Jesus and his Apostles that at Passover ate bread and a sacrificial lamb. In Luke it mentions at his resurrection he had them give him fish and honey to prove he was resurrected in human form. When Abraham had the angel visit, he slaughtered and fed him a young calf.

Jesus spoke of 3 Ages of Man on this earth.
1. The Age/World before the Flood
2. This Present Evil World/Age
3. The World/Age to Come

That is the language He used. In the first and last Age it appears "we" will not be killing and consuming the carcasses of God's other created beings. It is only taking place in the Age God calls "this present Evil Age"

Even if I am wrong, does God condemn my choice to live my life as a citizen of His Kingdom, respecting and loving all His creation? For me, it is my understanding and how I choose to live the rest of my life. It's not even hard. It's just what I choose to do

Yep. And I don't know about you, but I'm definitely tired of this evil age. And evil itself. You have no idea.

Actually they don't

I find that my friends are upset with me for having gone vegan. When I went plant based I didn't tell anyone but of course it became obvious to everyone and to a person they all got on my case about it

Why is it meat eaters feel threatened when a person gives up meat?

Personally I did it for health reasons at first because even though I was fit and healthy I still had high blood pressure and cholesterol and I wanted to get off of the medications within 6 months of going plant based I did just that and I have more energy can work out longer at with more intensity and have better recovery times and less joint pains

After a while It became more of an ethical choice for me because I realized that I was glad not to be adding to the suffering of billions of animals

Forum List

Back