Why doesn't meat help meat eaters be healthy?

Indeed one of my grandfathers live to be 90 as a meat and potatoes man. My other grandfather lived to be 96 as a meat and potatoes man.... And even a beer and cigarette man at that. But I'm definitely not suggesting we can all get away with that.

I have no issues with vegans or vegetarians, eat what you want or like, no biggie. I do object to their trying to guilt me or put me down or call me a liar because I don’t agree with their view or ask questions. At least three posters on this thread have done such in this thread.

Why don’t vegetarians or vegans stay healthy?
The healthiest people I know eat a whole plant based diet.

Some people, like me, spent DECADES eating just like you.

Then one day, the health problems started, including cancer.

Only AFTER cancer surgery, from YOUR diet, did I begin to take my diet seriously

Then did my diet slowly become Heavier Plant BASED, and much less dead animals.

So did the plants cause my cancer, or was it your diet?

Last edited:

Only AFTER cancer surgery, for YOUR diet, did I begin to take my diet seriously

So did the plants cause my cancer, or was it to r diet?
Insufficient information.

The point of my jocular question was that whether we eat a balanced diet or only veggies, we remain mortal.

Some heavy drinkers have lived long and unusually healthy lives. That isn’t an endorsement for heavy drinking. Some vegetarians die young, too.

Eventually, we all die.

Have a happy night. 😎

Insufficient information.

The point of my jocular question was that whether we eat a balanced diet or only veggies, we remain mortal.

Some heavy drinkers have lived long and unusually healthy lives. That isn’t an endorsement for heavy drinking. Some vegetarians die young, too.

Eventually, we all die.

Have a happy night. 😎
Actually there is plenty of evidence.

The Ornish diet is proven to reverse heart disease
People who eat a whole food plant based diet ( you'll notice I didn't say vegan) have less incidences of cancer , heart disease, type 2 diabetes have lower overall cholesterol and triglyceride levels

5d6d343fdc3735f2c9c4dca3407ce509b2552ac2328da6526d09d07ce0fe104e_1.jpg

~S~
What people in the UK call pudding isn't anything like what we in the US call pudding

Actually there is plenty of evidence.

The Ornish diet is proven to reverse heart disease
People who eat a whole food plant based diet ( you'll notice I didn't say vegan) have less incidences of cancer , heart disease, type 2 diabetes have lower overall cholesterol and triglyceride levels

Actually this is more common than folks may believe Blues , they tend not to advertise alt medicine .....~S~

Actually this is more common than folks may believe Blues , they tend not to advertise alt medicine .....~S~
I don't see how a diet can be called alternative medicine. In fact I think it's malpractice for Doctors not to emphasize nutrition before prescription drugs

Although doctors say that meat is healthy, I do not know anyone who would benefit from meat-eating to be healthy. For example, my neighbor, a meat-eater, has disgusting skin, cellulite, and hardly climbs to the 3rd floor, and she is only 30. Plus she smells like dog.
Maybe she is affected by ptomaine in her intestines? Why can't meat eaters be healthy even though they have a "healthy diet"?
Meat has little to do with America's epidemic level health issues.
It is all about sugar.
Sugar.
Not meat.

Meat has little to do with America's epidemic level health issues.
It is all about sugar.
Sugar.
Not meat.

It's not just sugar

It's high levels of saturated fats
It's the over use of any type of oils
It's a diet lacking in fiber and phytonutrients

Only AFTER cancer surgery, from YOUR diet, did I begin to take my diet seriously

So did the plants cause my cancer, or was it your diet?
Here’s some information you likely haven’t considered.

Here’s some information you likely haven’t considered.

Unintentional deaths of wild animals not raised in horrid conditions is hardly the same as consciously causing the suffering of other animals.

Would you rather be a wild animal that lived naturally in the wild with a chance to escape an unintentional death or an animal that is forced to live in horrid conditions for and be killed far before your inevitable intentional death at the early stages of your life?

Unintentional deaths of wild animals not raised in horrid conditions is hardly the same as consciously causing the suffering of other animals.

Would you rather be a wild animal that lived naturally in the wild with a chance to escape an unintentional death or an animal that is forced to live in horrid conditions for and be killed far before your inevitable intentional death at the early stages of your life?
Do you believe Fruit Loops and Lucky Charms are more healthy than a fried egg? Lol.

Are Lucky Charms really healthier than a fried egg? New nutritional rankings raise questions​

Fracas over new food scoring system showcases the perils of rankings based on nutrient formulas​

ROCHESTER, Minn. -- The latest attempt to rank certain foods higher than others according to healthfulness has turned up some unlikely recommendations.

Nonfat chocolate frozen yogurt: 81. Ground beef: 26.

Canned peaches: 97. Cheddar Cheese: 28.

Lucky Charms: 60. Egg fried in butter: 29.

It's enough to get critics asking: Aren't these the same processed-food biases that gave us the obesity epidemic?
Are Lucky Charms really healthier than a fried egg? New nutritional rankings raise questions
buttercup

Do you believe Fruit Loops and Lucky Charms are more healthy than a fried egg? Lol.

Are Lucky Charms really healthier than a fried egg? New nutritional rankings raise questions​

Fracas over new food scoring system showcases the perils of rankings based on nutrient formulas​

ROCHESTER, Minn. -- The latest attempt to rank certain foods higher than others according to healthfulness has turned up some unlikely recommendations.

Nonfat chocolate frozen yogurt: 81. Ground beef: 26.

Canned peaches: 97. Cheddar Cheese: 28.

Lucky Charms: 60. Egg fried in butter: 29.

It's enough to get critics asking: Aren't these the same processed-food biases that gave us the obesity epidemic?
Are Lucky Charms really healthier than a fried egg? New nutritional rankings raise questions
buttercup
Processed sugar laden cereals are not healthy and only an idiot would ask that question.

However steamed oat groats with berries is definitely better than a saturated fat and cholesterol laden fried egg

Forum List

Back