Zone1 Why do White People Call Themselves Irish-Americans, Italian Americans, Polish-Americans, etc?

IM2

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 11, 2015
How many white people in America are from these countries? Because any more, it seems like most of them are born here.

Then we have places like this.

The Irish American Heritage Museum is a 501(c)3 nonprofit created by the New York State Legislature in 1986 and permanently chartered by the Board of Regents of New York as an educational institution in 1992. We explore the contributions, history, and culture of Irish people in America, and fosters dialogue and exchange between America and Ireland today. By sharing our stories, we strive to create connections and community between all Americans, as we appreciate and study the universality of the immigrant story in American history.

1704182630820.png

SCANDINAVIAN–AMERICAN HALL OF FAME​

The Scandinavian-American Hall of Fame is an enduring means of honoring those persons of Scandinavian descent in North America who have achieved greatness in their fields of endeavor and/or whose efforts have contributed significantly to the betterment of mankind. Deserving individuals of other ethnicities may be honored with special awards as well.

Through honoring these outstanding individuals, it is hoped that others will be inspired to strive for meaningful accomplishments as well.

The Scandinavian-American Hall of Fame was established in Minot, N.D., in 1984 as a permanent component of Norsk Høsfest. Because Minot hosts North America’s largest Scandinavian festival, which strives to build pride in heritage; and because North Dakota is located in the center of the continent’s Scandinavian population, it is appropriate that Minot, N.D., be the permanent home of the Scandinavian-American Hall of Fame.

The National Polish-American Sports Hall of Fame (NPASHF) was founded in 1973 to honor and recognize outstanding American athletes, both amateur and professional, of Polish descent. This virtual version of the Hall features the history of their accomplishments.

1704183088613.png

I can keep going.

How many white people in America are from these countries? Because any more, it seems like most of them are born here.

The Irish American Heritage Museum is a 501(c)3 nonprofit created by the New York State Legislature in 1986 and permanently chartered by the Board of Regents of New York as an educational institution in 1992. We explore the contributions, history, and culture of Irish people in America, and fosters dialogue and exchange between America and Ireland today. By sharing our stories, we strive to create connections and community between all Americans, as we appreciate and study the universality of the immigrant story in American history.

View attachment 882194

The Scandinavian-American Hall of Fame is an enduring means of honoring those persons of Scandinavian descent in North America who have achieved greatness in their fields of endeavor and/or whose efforts have contributed significantly to the betterment of mankind. Deserving individuals of other ethnicities may be honored with special awards as well.

Through honoring these outstanding individuals, it is hoped that others will be inspired to strive for meaningful accomplishments as well.

The Scandinavian-American Hall of Fame was established in Minot, N.D., in 1984 as a permanent component of Norsk Høsfest. Because Minot hosts North America’s largest Scandinavian festival, which strives to build pride in heritage; and because North Dakota is located in the center of the continent’s Scandinavian population, it is appropriate that Minot, N.D., be the permanent home of the Scandinavian-American Hall of Fame.

The National Polish-American Sports Hall of Fame (NPASHF) was founded in 1973 to honor and recognize outstanding American athletes, both amateur and professional, of Polish descent. This virtual version of the Hall features the history of their accomplishments.

View attachment 882195

I can keep going.
you know that answer im2. we white people are allowrd to have "culture" and "heritage". it is all right there in our glorious constitution. no one else is allowed to use a hyphen ( you may be allowed to use 3/5 of a hyphen, maybe a shorter line or something?)

View attachment 882194

View attachment 882195

I can keep going.
Because they're trying to be woke and have been taught to be ashamed of America. I am an American. In fact, I was born here so I am a native American.

you know that answer im2. we white people are allowrd to have "culture" and "heritage". it is all right there in our glorious constitution. no one else is allowed to use a hyphen ( you may be allowed to use 3/5 of a hyphen, maybe a shorter line or something?)
IM2 raises a good point. Of course he raises it badly but if people want to be Italian, they need to get the fuck out and go to Italy. Either be American or don't. Their forefathers came here because America was a far better place than Ireland, Italy, Poland, etc. Just like the Venezuelans coming here today; if they want to be Venezuelan-American or Hispanic-American, if the places they are leaving are not shit-holes, then stay the fuck where they were. We want them to live in the best country in the world. If it's not America, then go to wherever it is.

IM2 raises a good point. Of course he raises it badly but if people want to be Italian, they need to get the fuck out and go to Italy. Either be American or don't. Their forefathers came here because America was a far better place than Ireland, Italy, Poland, etc. Just like the Venezuelans coming here today; if they want to be Venezuelan-American or Hispanic-American, if the places they are leaving are not shit-holes, then stay the fuck where they were. We want them to live in the best country in the world. If it's not America, then go to wherever it is.

I am not a big fan of the hyphenated American things. And I am a dedicated American patriot.

But I am also of Irish descent. That culture is part of who I am. That does NOT make me less of an American.

View attachment 882194

View attachment 882195

I can keep going.
Polish-Americans are not looting and burning down buildings and demanding free shoe shines from the rest of America

And they dont hate this country unless they are guilt-ridden white libs

Last edited:
They do it to build a sense of community.
i don't think these rugged individualists ( i'm sure many of them fantasize about some day calling trump "sir:" with a tear in their burly eye .......) find a sense of community to be as important as membership in, and a designated role in, 1 specific kind of dysfunctional nuclear family.

View attachment 882194

View attachment 882195

I can keep going.
My DNA shows I am English-Irish-Welsh-Swedish-Norwegian-Italian-Russian-German-American.

I was born in this nation so I will just call myself American.

In passing, my Irish ancestors are due reparations by my English ancestors. I wasn't alive at that time so I don’t deserve anything.

Last edited:
my great grandfater came on a crowded boat from an overpopulsted 3rd world island with many fellow sicilians, who helped each other find work and intermarry and shared their last meat ball.

damn straight i'm marching with the italian-american club. we want to continue that kind of community (which does more to support family values than any "party of family vales" could.)

Or those people can create good lives and maintain their heritage, all while being Americans. This attitude of "If you don't like it GTFO" is low level bullshit.

Or those people can create good lives and maintain their heritage, all while being Americans. This attitude of "If you don't like it GTFO" is low level bullshit.
Black race baiters dont want to live in africa

They owe a debt of gratitude to the slave owners for bringing black people to America, but are hoping to get some walking around money from the government

My DNA shows I am English-Irish-Welsh-Swedish-Norwegian-Italian-Russian-German-American.

In passing, my Irish ancestors are due reparations by my English ancestors. I wasn't alive at that time so I don’t deserve anything.

no doubt at all. victoria saxe coburg is a monster to rank with stalin or pol pot.

vicky may have been cute as a facebbok kitten, but no irish or indians, boers or bantus were safe if she wanted a little bauble for her jewelty box.

English-Irish-Scots-German

my ancestors have spent centuries fighting each other, and been in every war here since before 1750 but my dad's family was here in the late 1600s, my mom's family came in the 1840s.

100% American now.

They owe a debt of gratitude to the slave owners for bringing black people to America, but are hoping to get some walking around money from the government

I disagree with the "owe a debt of gratitude" part. Are they better off than descendants of those who were not captured and sold into slavery? Sure. But gratitude for years of being owned, brutalized and having their families sold off is asking a bit much. That is like saying "Yes, her being gang raped was bad, but she had such a beautiful child she should be grateful".

View attachment 882194

View attachment 882195

I can keep going.
Why? Maybe the same reason you call yourself Biden's boy, cuz he owns you.

:auiqs.jpg:

I disagree with the "owe a debt of gratitude" part. Are they better off than descendants of those who were not captured and sold into slavery? Sure. But gratitude for years of being owned, brutalized and having their families sold off is asking a bit much. That is like saying "Yes, her being gang raped was bad, but she had such a beautiful child she should be grateful".
The black people born in America today were never enslaved

Or raped

So you are getting your era’s mixed up

If not for slavery black Americans would not be Americans

And good riddance to them if all they do now is complain, riot, and loot department stores

In the case of Italians and Irish they're proud of being congenital criminals and gangsters, as most Catholics are.

In the case of Italians and Irish they're proud of being congenital criminals and gangsters, as most Catholics are.
that is how we assimilate!

bein' a good fella is important to wasps as well. ` in fact, songs of praise for jesse james, bonnie an clyde, or pretty boy floyd would seem to indicate that criminals are revered in wasp households.

Forum List

Back