CDZ Black people are not "African Americans".

Negro is the Spanish word for "black".
Yes, I know. But there is no country called "Negro". I used that as an example of how African-American people were called by an invented name by their slavemasters.
The OP thinks African-American is the incorrect term for my people.
After centuries of being called by what other people wanted to call me, I am going to call myself African-American.

You're a complete idiot.
Negro is just Spanish and Portuguese for black.
It had no negative connotations.
You're a complete idiot. Of course it had negative connotations. They enslaved the black skinned people they called "Negros". Why didn't they call them Africans since that was the continent they came from?
Because they wanted to set them apart---slaves have to be dehumanized. Calling them African would have reminded them of their homeland and their humanity.
So---they named them "Negros"

Yes, I know. But there is no country called "Negro". I used that as an example of how African-American people were called by an invented name by their slavemasters.
After centuries of being called by what other people wanted to call me, I am going to call myself African-American.
Negro is a Spanish word to describe the color black and the African people of those days and even today have a skin tone color of black which in Spanish would be Negro…

Spanish slave trader’s would call the people of Africa Negro because of the skin tone and not because of it being a racist word…

The word you are mixing with Negro that is racist as can be is the other N word which is meant to be racist as can be…

You can not request a country or culture to stop using a word they have used for hundred’s of years…

After you read that understand even though the English took the word and made it somewhat wrong the actual word is to describe the color black and as I wrote it was used to denote the skin color of the people in Africa and other parts of the World…

My wife calls herself Negro and she is Filipina, so it has to do with her skin color and her usage of the Spanish language when describing her skin color…

You're a complete idiot. Of course it had negative connotations. They enslaved the black skinned people they called "Negros". Why didn't they call them Africans since that was the continent they came from?
Because they wanted to set them apart---slaves have to be dehumanized. Calling them African would have reminded them of their homeland and their humanity.
You are wrong and it has to do with the color of the skin and is not racist as you want to make it out to be, but you will refuse to accept the reality of the word and demand it to be deemed racist …

Negro is a Spanish word to describe the color black and the African people of those days and even today have a skin tone color of black which in Spanish would be Negro…

Spanish slave trader’s would call the people of Africa Negro because of the skin tone and not because of it being a racist word…

The word you are mixing with Negro that is racist as can be is the other N word which is meant to be racist as can be…

You can not request a country or culture to stop using a word they have used for hundred’s of years…

After you read that understand even though the English took the word and made it somewhat wrong the actual word is to describe the color black and as I wrote it was used to denote the skin color of the people in Africa and other parts of the World…

My wife calls herself Negro and she is Filipina, so it has to do with her skin color and her usage of the Spanish language when describing her skin color…
So you don't think the Spanish slave traders were racist? You think they regarded the Africans they enslaved as their equals?

You are wrong and it has to do with the color of the skin and is not racist as you want to make it out to be, but you will refuse to accept the reality of the word and demand it to be deemed racist …
Thank you for the conversation. I understand what you are saying. I just don't agree with it.

If you think Black Americans are the same as people who lived thousands of years ago in Ancient Kemet or Kush -- then you are purposely being a moron......

The average black American in this country probably shares more genetic similarities with white folks in this country than Ethiopians in Africa.....since it is more than likely, his lineage involves on more than a few occasions, racial mixing with white folks.....including by rape....if your mothers were raped and you were produced...would you celebrate that lineage?? ....so no, they are not the same....

As one wise person said -- the average black person is a walking monument to this country's complex and contradictory idiocy with race......
Rape lol those bed wenches were securing the bag.

Ok negro

Were you born in Africa?

Elon Musk is an African-American.

My cousin's husband was born and raised in Egypt. He is an African-American.

So if a door is painted black it's racist?
Fer Fucks sake it just a word used to name a color in spanish.

It’s only when the label is applied by others - white liberals - with the intent to divide that it becomes a thing. Lots of proud Irish-Americans, Polish-Americans, etc. If there was a way to attach victimhood to these groups that they think could become a liberal voting block then it would become a thing. My wife is African-American (legit - Kenya), my mother was Irish-American (County Clare). My kids just wish everyone would stop talking about the black white thing. It is infuriating when you see what these white liberals constantly whip up.

The important thing here is to keep changing the terms we use to refer to various groups of people so they have an opportunity to be offended. When people are offended, they get to play victim, and when they play victim in today's society, they gain an advantage over others.

It's all about seeking privilege though outrage.
Victimology 101.

It’s only when the label is applied by others - white liberals - with the intent to divide that it becomes a thing. Lots of proud Irish-Americans, Polish-Americans, etc. If there was a way to attach victimhood to these groups that they think could become a liberal voting block then it would become a thing. My wife is African-American (legit - Kenya), my mother was Irish-American (County Clare). My kids just wish everyone would stop talking about the black white thing. It is infuriating when you see what these white liberals constantly whip up.
The division has been in place ever since the first enslaved Africans were bought here.
The Founding Fathers wrote the US Constitution with the division of skin color/slavery in mind.

Back in the olden days we used to call them coloreds.

😎

*edit

My apologies to the board. I didn't realize this thread was in the clean debate room.

Oops!
Which begs the question: Why do we not also have a dirty debate room?

Forum List

Back