Why Do People Want Wild Animals For Pets?

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
I'm making this thread because it was of MisterBeale's opinion that cats cannot be owned. Which I'm not scolding him for btw as it's his solely his opinion,.. but my question is that yeah even though cats aren't as domesticated as dogs are, why do people want lions and tigers for pets when they could literally kill them and rip them apart when so many cats and kittens are homeless and looking for homes?

You ask a five year old if they want a tiger for a pet and nine times out of ten they'll probably say no that they want a cat or a kitten instead. It's just common sense people!! Wild animals belong in the wild or if they can't be in the wild, to have enough room for them to roam around and not in a cage. If that lion or tiger kills somebody just by acting how a wild animal should that beautiful animal will have to be putdown. People really need to be educated about this.

No wild animal is truly tame. That bear could attack a person at any given moment.

Many accounts of people raising and growing up with large wild animals and then being killed or maimed by them.

Rule of thumb.......

If you can't reason with it and it's big enough to rip you into pieces, Trying to coddle it will likely earn you your own personal Darwin award.
That said.....animals are smarter than many people and they aren't all violent psychos...unlike most in NewYork, LosAngeles, Baltimore, Chicago etc

Also, this recently made the news.

Because having a tame bear that acts like a dog would be fucking awesome.
Except they don't, they behave like bears, I m far more comfortable working with wild bears in the wild, than I ever would be with a largely domesticated animal in confinement, all bears kept in private hands must be confined! As for the ops supposition about common house cats, and their relationship to humans, those animals have been intimately associated with humans and human settlements from the absolute very beginning of civilization.

Fully comfortable in close proximity with humans from the very first, specifically due to the human practice of agriculture and the draw it was/is upon cats natural prey species, it was assured from the beginning man and cat would become acclimated one to the other. Importantly, where man has leaned that cats are never entirely tame, we must never forget that no wild animal ever is either, especially large felines, bears, wolves, foxes, coyotes, deer, moose, ect ect ect....

So can domesticated dogs and cats, horses, pigs, cattle, goats sheep, and worms grown for fish bait.

We got 99% of that out of most dogs.

domestication.jpg

I'm making this thread because it was of MisterBeale's opinion that cats cannot be owned. Which I'm not scolding him for btw as it's his solely his opinion,.. but my question is that yeah even though cats aren't as domesticated as dogs are, why do people want lions and tigers for pets when they could literally kill them and rip them apart when so many cats and kittens are homeless and looking for homes?

You ask a five year old if they want a tiger for a pet and nine times out of ten they'll probably say no that they want a cat or a kitten instead. It's just common sense people!! Wild animals belong in the wild or if they can't be in the wild, to have enough room for them to roam around and not in a cage. If that lion or tiger kills somebody just by acting how a wild animal should that beautiful animal will have to be putdown. People really need to be educated about this.
Why do Democrats love to have gerbils put up their ass?

Except they don't, they behave like bears, I m far more comfortable working with wild bears in the wild, than I ever would be with a largely domesticated animal in confinement, all bears kept in private hands must be confined! As for the ops supposition about common house cats, and their relationship to humans, those animals have been intimately associated with humans and human settlements from the absolute very beginning of civilization.

Fully comfortable in close proximity with humans from the very first, specifically due to the human practice of agriculture and the draw it was/is upon cats natural prey species, it was assured from the beginning man and cat would become acclimated one to the other. Importantly, where man has leaned that cats are never entirely tame, we must never forget that no wild animal ever is either, especially large felines, bears, wolves, foxes, coyotes, deer, moose, ect ect ect....
Bears are very common around here, so are rednecks. I'd feel more at ease standing in the yard with a bear than the monster hog dogs these people breed around here.

I always had fair luck in "taming" woodland animals if I could catch one young enough. Coons, crows, squirrels, a red fox, possums, were fine. I even had three Screech Owls at one time that stayed out in my dad's shed.

I always wanted to catch a young bobcat but never did.

The exception was a young ground hog I found that nearly drowned when the river had a flash flood.
That damn thing was as mean eight months later as it was when it got it bearings after I found it. I finally just let it loose out in the yard and it ran out into the woods never to be seen again.....Blah, good riddance.

Forum List

Back