Why Do People Want Wild Animals For Pets?

As much as I have to agree with that,.. this isn't a political discussion.
Because people will do weird shit. Normal people who just want to live their lives normally, wont go all exotic.

20220205_130326.jpg

I always had fair luck in "taming" woodland animals if I could catch one young enough. Coons, crows, squirrels, a red fox, possums, were fine. I even had three Screech Owls at one time that stayed out in my dad's shed.

That reminds me of this guy. These guys might not kill him, but they certainly could give him rabies.

I'm making this thread because it was of MisterBeale's opinion that cats cannot be owned. Which I'm not scolding him for btw as it's his solely his opinion,.. but my question is that yeah even though cats aren't as domesticated as dogs are, why do people want lions and tigers for pets when they could literally kill them and rip them apart when so many cats and kittens are homeless and looking for homes?

You ask a five year old if they want a tiger for a pet and nine times out of ten they'll probably say no that they want a cat or a kitten instead. It's just common sense people!! Wild animals belong in the wild or if they can't be in the wild, to have enough room for them to roam around and not in a cage. If that lion or tiger kills somebody just by acting how a wild animal should that beautiful animal will have to be putdown. People really need to be educated about this.
This is why wifey… this..

That reminds me of this guy. These guys might not kill him, but they certainly could give him rabies.

Damn, looks like money to me.....Or used to.

The bottom fell out of the coon hide market....$3 - $10 now if anything at all, it's that bad.

Blah, given what it costs in time to skin and flesh-n-stretch it's not worth even making a set.

Damn, looks like money to me.....Or used to.

The bottom fell out of the coon hide market....$3 - $10 now if anything at all, it's that bad.

Blah, given what it costs in time to skin and flesh-n-stretch it's not worth even making a set.

Awww,.. I think they're cute,.. not that I would trust them, but they're still cute. :)

I'm making this thread because it was of MisterBeale's opinion that cats cannot be owned. Which I'm not scolding him for btw as it's his solely his opinion,.. but my question is that yeah even though cats aren't as domesticated as dogs are, why do people want lions and tigers for pets when they could literally kill them and rip them apart when so many cats and kittens are homeless and looking for homes?

You ask a five year old if they want a tiger for a pet and nine times out of ten they'll probably say no that they want a cat or a kitten instead. It's just common sense people!! Wild animals belong in the wild or if they can't be in the wild, to have enough room for them to roam around and not in a cage. If that lion or tiger kills somebody just by acting how a wild animal should that beautiful animal will have to be putdown. People really need to be educated about this.

Because Genesis 1:26...

"And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth."

Ever since God created us, we have been domesticating animals. Cats, dogs, goats, horses, and other animals were all wild at one time.

Because having a tame bear that acts like a dog would be fucking awesome.
:rock:

Never heard of Bart the Bear? He is far more tame and trained than most "domestic cats," will ever be.

:heehee:

"Bart the Bear™ was born in a zoo in 1977 and adopted by Doug and Lynne Seus and trained to be in films. The Seuses grand adventures with Bart took them from the Austrian Alps to the bejeweled backstage of the Academy Awards. Bart appeared in hundreds of films, including "The Bear", "The Great Outdoors", "Legends of the Fall", "Clan of the Cave Bear", and "The Edge", among others. He passed away in 2000. This video is a tribute to Bart, the Seuses, and the conservation nonprofit they created to protect habitat for wild grizzlies, The Vital Ground Foundation. Since its founding in 1990, Vital Ground has helped enhance, restore and conserve 600,000 acres of wildlife habitat in Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, Alaska, and British Columbia.. For more information or to make a donation to Vital Ground, visit: www.vitalground.org. Vital Ground extends its sincere thanks to Manitou Motion Picture Company for the use of this short documentary. Visit them at: www.manitoupix.com."

Because Genesis 1:26...

"And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth."

Ever since God created us, we have been domesticating animals. Cats, dogs, goats, horses, and other animals were all wild at one time.

This has nothing to do with the Bible, this has to do with having common sense not to treat wild animals as pets. Sure everything was wild at a time, but there are just some animals that aren't meant to be domesticated.

:rock:

Never heard of Bart the Bear? He is far more tame and trained than most "domestic cats," will ever be.

:heehee:

"Bart the Bear™ was born in a zoo in 1977 and adopted by Doug and Lynne Seus and trained to be in films. The Seuses grand adventures with Bart took them from the Austrian Alps to the bejeweled backstage of the Academy Awards. Bart appeared in hundreds of films, including "The Bear", "The Great Outdoors", "Legends of the Fall", "Clan of the Cave Bear", and "The Edge", among others. He passed away in 2000. This video is a tribute to Bart, the Seuses, and the conservation nonprofit they created to protect habitat for wild grizzlies, The Vital Ground Foundation. Since its founding in 1990, Vital Ground has helped enhance, restore and conserve 600,000 acres of wildlife habitat in Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, Alaska, and British Columbia.. For more information or to make a donation to Vital Ground, visit: www.vitalground.org. Vital Ground extends its sincere thanks to Manitou Motion Picture Company for the use of this short documentary. Visit them at: www.manitoupix.com."

Cute bear,.. but they're just lucky that he didn't want them for breakfast. Wasn't he in the Doctor Doolittle sequel?

Forum List

Back