Why are younger generations of Americans still so patroitic and religious? ?

suplex3000

VIP Member
Nov 25, 2014
Georgia
In Europe Patriotism and Nationalism are viewed as racism and bigotry. In Europe multiculturalism is the norm and there is no criticism or opposition to immigration, many Europeans befriend and even have relationships with the immigrants, unlike here in the USA were kids complain about schools full of immigrants.

And as for religion -

UK - 90% Atheist
Ireland - 54% atheist
Portugal - 71% atheist
Spain - 75% atheist
The Netherlands - 90% atheist
Belgium - 64% atheist
Switzerland - 55% atheist
Italy - 52% atheist
Austria - 71% atheist
Germany - 88% atheist
France - 90% atheist
Norway - 97% atheist
Sweden - 99% atheist
Denmark - 98% atheist
Finland - 92% atheist
Iceland - 96% atheist

I can understand older Americans being so Patriotic and religious but younger ones too? With all the access to education American patriotism should be non existent among the younger generation and the atheist population should be above 50% like Europe!

And as for religion -

UK - 90% Atheist
Ireland - 54% atheist
Portugal - 71% atheist
Spain - 75% atheist
Belgium - 64% atheist
Italy - 52% atheist
Austria - 71% atheist
Germany - 88% atheist
France - 90% atheist
Norway - 97% atheist
Sweden - 99% atheist
Denmark - 98% atheist
Finland - 92% atheist
Iceland - 96% atheist

joawbrmjx0xu1dchntwu.jpg

In Europe Patriotism and Nationalism are viewed as racism and bigotry. In Europe multiculturalism is the norm and there is no criticism or opposition to immigration, many Europeans befriend and even have relationships with the immigrants, unlike here in the USA were kids complain about schools full of immigrants.

And as for religion -

UK - 90% Atheist
Ireland - 54% atheist
Portugal - 71% atheist
Spain - 75% atheist
Belgium - 64% atheist
Italy - 52% atheist
Austria - 71% atheist
Germany - 88% atheist
France - 90% atheist
Norway - 97% atheist
Sweden - 99% atheist
Denmark - 98% atheist
Finland - 92% atheist
Iceland - 96% atheist

I can understand older Americans being so Patriotic and religious but younger ones too? With all the access to education American patriotism should be non existent among the younger generation and the atheist population should be above 50% like Europe!
Its going to take some time to convert the bible belters into intelligent human beings. They are the last hold outs. The north northeast northwest west athiest numbers are growing. Any big city. Only the dirty ignorant south is strictly religious.

And as for religion -

UK - 90% Atheist
Ireland - 54% atheist
Portugal - 71% atheist
Spain - 75% atheist
Belgium - 64% atheist
Italy - 52% atheist
Austria - 71% atheist
Germany - 88% atheist
France - 90% atheist
Norway - 97% atheist
Sweden - 99% atheist
Denmark - 98% atheist
Finland - 92% atheist
Iceland - 96% atheist

In Germany are about 40% of the people not members of the catholic church or protestant church[es]. So your data are not reliable. There are for sure less than 40% atheists here. Atheism is in most cases a political result of the former communistic dictatorship in the East of Germany. It's easy to destroy the belief in god. I'm myselve for example a Catholic, a bavarian patriot and a german idiot - nevertheless I don't think any serios believer in Germany thinks religion could have something to do with racism. Religions are international.

Last edited:
I think the concepts of patriotism and nationalism has been deeply abused by hate organizations.

There is nothing wrong with national pride or having a national identity - the problem is when you justify doing harms to others due to arrogance or fear of losing that pride/identity.

I think the concepts of patriotism and nationalism has been deeply abused by hate organizations.

There is nothing wrong with national pride or having a national identity - the problem is when you justify doing harms to others due to arrogance or fear of losing that pride/identity.

Partriots love their country - and so they love if someone else loves his country too. Nationalists hate every country what's not their own and like to conquer everyone. And antinationlistic grinchs hate every country including the own one.

"Intelligent people 'less likely to believe in God'
People with higher IQs are less likely to believe in God, according to a new study. "

Intelligent people less likely to believe in God - Telegraph

Comes as no surprise of course. It's why madrassas teach Qur'an, and only Qur'an. Teach science, philosophy, the arts, and people realize their 'absolutely true' religion is one of many 'absolutely true religions.'

That's why the most stupid farmers are harvesing the biggest potatoes. God helps them.

Why do you think it's bad to be loyal to your nation and God? Or to love them? Neither i

People with higher IQs are less likely to believe in God, according to a new study. "

Comes as no surprise of course. It's why madrassas teach Qur'an, and only Qur'an. Teach science, philosophy, the arts, and people realize their 'absolutely true' religion is one of many 'absolutely true religions.'

By the way - how intelligent is it to define "Intelligence is, what a test of intelligence shows". Kind of paradox, isn't it? On the other side - I'm a christian - I don't live in fear of paradoxes. We are normally not machine minded - our spirit lives. Keeps the problem: What says a test about the intelligence of cats for dogs?

By the way - how intelligent is it to define "Intelligence is, what a test of intelligence shows". Kind of paradox, isn't it? On the other side - I'm a christian - I don't live in fear of paradoxes. We are normally not machine minded - our spirit lives. Keeps the problem: What says a test about the intelligence of cats for dogs?

It is amusing watching them unable to persuade people that they are correct and thus deciding to claim anyone that thinks differently than them is wrong.

Then again they also ignore the studies that show the more educated you are in my church the more faithful you are. And they refuse to address conclusions that you'd have to face if you thought it through making their assumptions.

Personally, I think everyone is intelligent in their own way. Some in academics, some managing money, some understanding emotions and people, some in athletics, some in arts.

In Europe Patriotism and Nationalism are viewed as racism and bigotry. In Europe multiculturalism is the norm and there is no criticism or opposition to immigration, many Europeans befriend and even have relationships with the immigrants, !

Who told you that bullshit?

In Germany are about 40% of the people not members of the catholic church or protestant church[es]. So your data are not reliable. There are for sure less than 40% atheists here. Atheism is in most cases a political result of the former communistic dictatorship in the East of Germany. It's easy to destroy the belief in god. I'm myselve for example a Catholic, a bavarian patriot and a german idiot - nevertheless I don't think any serios believer in Germany thinks religion could have something to do with racism. Religions are international.

That is only partially true.
First, atheism can be caused by a political systm, but this is not the case in West Germany.
For example with me, in Bavaria, German idiot taxpayer. Left the club (of course RK, the EKD is not even a real church :) ) around 1985.
Second, membership in one of the two churches does not automatically make you a religious person.
In the majority of the cases today it is just community coersion, used for marriage and funeral, only a minority really believes the whole thing.
The bootlicking submission to Islam by both churches will do the rest.

You know, I still like the old Italian movies of Don Camillo and Peppone. And I think you like to have this kind of atmosphere still today in Bavaria, but it is fading day by day.
The point is, it was, and is in parts still today, kind of a social glue especially in smaller communities, for which we most regrettably don't have a replacement. Even an atheist to the bone can admit that without losing his face.
Maybe we better concentrate on developing that, instead of mourning and raging about the loss of an invisible sky fairy.

Forum List

Back