Why 7,000 Languages?

Baron

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2008
Brooklyn, NYC
The question no atheist can answer.

If, as evolutionists claim, all of mankind evolved from the SAME primitive life-source, then how did we end up with 7,000 different languages? Did one gorilla get angry at another gorilla and decide to start a new language? I'm intrigued to know.

The Bible teaches that God created all the different languages at Babel... "Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech ... Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the LORD did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the LORD scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth" (Genesis 11:7,9). It is far more reasonable to accept the Biblical claim that God created all of mankind's different languages; than it is to believe that some space-dust from a massive chaotic explosion somehow became life, and then took on intelligence, and then from the same evolutionary process ended up with 7,000 different languages. That makes no sense at all.

There are no "primitive" languages. All languages have a system of sounds, words, and sentences that can adequately communicate the content of culture. This is evidence of a divine Creator. The languages of the so-called "primitive" peoples are often very complex in their grammatical structures. If mankind had advanced through an evolutionary process, then there should still be developing languages today; but in fact, one languages disappears every 2-weeks...

Primitive cultures moved far enough to be away from the languages that developed where they came from. Languages developed in more than 7,000 different areas. Even now there are dialects of one language that cannot be understood by others. Multiply the time that developed by the time the cultures were separated and you have your answer.

Primitive cultures moved far enough to be away from the languages that developed where they came from. Languages developed in more than 7,000 different areas. Even now there are dialects of one language that cannot be understood by others. Multiply the time that developed by the time the cultures were separated and you have your answer.

The point is languages are continuously disappeared, we can see no new ones

Because now people are interspersed with other cultures in way that did not happen.

Because now people are interspersed with other cultures in way that did not happen.

Do you know a culture which could create own language?

If, as evolutionists claim, all of mankind evolved from the SAME primitive life-source, then how did we end up with 7,000 different languages? Did one gorilla get angry at another gorilla and decide to start a new language? I'm intrigued to know.

The Bible teaches that God created all the different languages at Babel... "Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech ... Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the LORD did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the LORD scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth" (Genesis 11:7,9). It is far more reasonable to accept the Biblical claim that God created all of mankind's different languages; than it is to believe that some space-dust from a massive chaotic explosion somehow became life, and then took on intelligence, and then from the same evolutionary process ended up with 7,000 different languages. That makes no sense at all.

There are no "primitive" languages. All languages have a system of sounds, words, and sentences that can adequately communicate the content of culture. This is evidence of a divine Creator. The languages of the so-called "primitive" peoples are often very complex in their grammatical structures. If mankind had advanced through an evolutionary process, then there should still be developing languages today; but in fact, one languages disappears every 2-weeks...

Evolution is the answer. Everything evolves. Languages are no different. Try reading Beowolf and see what you think of Old English. In my lifetime words have changed. I'm not sure I'd be able to understand Jive or Rap.

Evolution is the answer. Everything evolves. Languages are no different. Try reading Beowolf and see what you think of Old English. In my lifetime words have changed. I'm not sure I'd be able to understand Jive or Rap.
English, thanks to the US being a forced melting pot, cannot be used in an explanation because too many languages have been forced upon our nation.
Perhaps German...has any European or Asian language changed in the last 2,000 years by anything other than technology?

English, thanks to the US being a forced melting pot, cannot be used in an explanation because too many languages have been forced upon our nation.
Perhaps German...has any European or Asian language changed in the last 2,000 years by anything other than technology?
Roman conquest?

Roman conquest?
Nope...
The Romans wanted taxes.
They rarely intervened on anyone's society.
Greek and Latin fell out of use, they didn't evolve.

Roman conquest?
Nope...
The Romans wanted taxes.
About 80 percent of the entries in any English dictionary are borrowed, mainly from Latin. Over 60 percent of all English words have Greek or Latin roots. In the vocabulary of the sciences and technology, the figure rises to over 90 percent.

Roman conquest?
Nope...
The Romans wanted taxes.
About 80 percent of the entries in any English dictionary are borrowed, mainly from Latin. Over 60 percent of all English words have Greek or Latin roots. In the vocabulary of the sciences and technology, the figure rises to over 90 percent.
Yes...Borrowed and mixed...I believe I already stated such.
What other language has evolved?

Forum List

Back