Who won in Afghanistan? Private Contractors.

This is obvious what all of our wars for years have been about. Priming the economy. We sell out our young to keep Wall Street and million/billionaires rolling in the money. Lives of innocent people mean nothing when the war machinery needs fed.

Who Won in Afghanistan? Private Contractors
the Taliban also won big with the 80 billion in weapons the left gave them .

This is obvious what all of our wars for years have been about. Priming the economy. We sell out our young to keep Wall Street and million/billionaires rolling in the money. Lives of innocent people mean nothing when the war machinery needs fed.

you forgot about the terrorist…they won, thanks to xiden’s surrender

20200710PHT83117_original.jpg

Terrorist attacks are way down. From 150 in 2015 to just 10 in 2019.

That's the only metric the war on terror has, the number of Westerners killed.

Taliban a 'major U.S. arms dealer' after weaponry left behind in Afghanistan, watchdog warns

This week’s Golden Horseshoe is awarded to the Biden administration for the billions of dollars in military equipment left behind for the Taliban after the botched U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistan.

The spending watchdog Open The Books found $89.2 billion in military equipment, including training, was provided to Afghan security forces during America’s longest running war.

The sophisticated military equipment left behind included Blackhawk helicopters, attack aircraft, tens of thousands of vehicles, and 650,000 weapons.

"The hasty withdrawal of U.S. military forces in Afghanistan turned the Taliban into a major U.S. arms dealer for the next decade,” Open The Books CEO and Founder Adam Andrzejewski told Just The News. “The Taliban is going to be selling tickets to their terrorist gun show."

The equipment left behind includes 650,000 weapons, including 350,000 M4 and M16 rifles, 65,000 machine guns, 25,000 grenade launchers, and 2,500 mortars and howitzers, Andrzejewski said.

The watchdog found the United States provided 75,000 military vehicles including 50,000 light- and medium-tactical vehicles, 22,000 Humvees, and 928 mine-resistant vehicles to Afghanistan since 2001.

Andrzejewski detailed other military equipment provided to the Afghan National Army and security forces.

It included 110 Black Hawk helicopters, which cost $21 million each; 20 A-29 Super Tucano attack aircraft, which cost $21.3 million each; and 7 C-208 light attack airplanes at $12.1 million each. Those airplanes, he noted, are very sophisticated and carry anti-tank missiles and Hellfire missiles.

Other U.S.-funded surveillance and reconnaissance equipment included six Aerostat surveillance balloons, valued at $8.9 million each; eight ScanEagle drones valued at $1.4 million each; and over 16,000 night vision devices valued at approximately $80 million.

No, it's squarely the fault of Joe Biden.
Oh come on. I know you’re a devoted partisan so your opinion is biased.

Why did the military not have contingency plans for withdrawing from Afghanistan? Surely they did. Trump tried to get out well before Joe did. Surely the military should have enacted plans to get out all our personal and material. Somehow they didn’t.

Putting all the blame on old Joe is dumb.

No, it's squarely the fault of Joe Biden.

So we went from 14,000 troops to 2,500 without taking any equipment out and that was smart and good....but the 2,500 that were left did not take any out and it is bad.

Biden fucked up a lot of things with the withdrawal, but the equipment was not all on him

the Taliban also won big with the 80 billion in weapons the left gave them .

They won way before that. They won when they got the US to agree to leave their country and help them get international recognition in exchange for the not killing any more of our troops.

There was never anything for us to win.

Oh come on. I know you’re a devoted partisan so your opinion is biased.

Why did the military not have contingency plans for withdrawing from Afghanistan? Surely they did. Trump tried to get out well before Joe did. Surely the military should have enacted plans to get out all our personal and material. Somehow they didn’t.

Putting all the blame on old Joe is dumb.
Joe is the Commander-in-Chief. His is the ultimate responsibility for all military actions while he holds that title.

This is all his. Stop weaseling.

So we went from 14,000 troops to 2,500 without taking any equipment out and that was smart and good....but the 2,500 that were left did not take any out and it is bad.

Biden fucked up a lot of things with the withdrawal, but the equipment was not all on him
You're defending Biden again. You do that a lot.

Meanwhile, see my previous remark about being Commander-in-Chief. He wanted the job, now he has to take responsibility.

But he won't, because bootlickers will shield him.

You're defending Biden again. You do that a lot.

Yes, saying Biden fucked up a lot of things is defending Biden. :cheers2: you people crack me up.

Meanwhile, see my previous remark about being Commander-in-Chief. He wanted the job, now he has to take responsibility.

I agree 100% with this. But I will not blame him for things that were not his fault just as I did not blame Trump for things that were not his fault.

But he won't, because bootlickers will shield him.

This is our country in a nutshell, there is no middle ground any longer, there is no nuance, there is no gray. There is only black and white. IF you do not blame every singing thing bad going happening on Biden then you are bootlicker.

pknopp
I'd say the Taliban were the big winners. They got Afghanistan and billions of dollars of American military equipment. Winners they are.

Some warned us, almost a hundred years ago.

War Is A Racket

WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives.

A racket is best described, I believe, as something that is not what it seems to the majority of the people. Only a small "inside" group knows what it is about. It is conducted for the benefit of the very few, at the expense of the very many. Out of war a few people make huge fortunes.

Originally printed in 1935, War Is a Racket is General Smedley Butler’s frank speech describing his role as a soldier as nothing more than serving as a puppet for big-business interests.

pknopp
I'd say the Taliban were the big winners. They got Afghanistan and billions of dollars of American military equipment. Winners they are.

Plus a signed agreement we would help them gain international recognition as a legit governing body.

Forum List

Back